Kdawg's Mock Draft and Projected Roster 1.0 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kdawg's Mock Draft and Projected Roster 1.0

not a fan of egnew...not at all...if vernon last til the 7th round i'll be screaming at my tv in rounds 5 thru 7...i'd rather have him than bruce irvin

weeden does not sit this year if we draft him .kid has much skill and up there in years .who ever drafts him will also have to start him from day one .at his age there is no reason to make him wait his turn.SO IF WE DRAFT HIM WE START HIM

weeden does not sit this year if we draft him .kid has much skill and up there in years .who ever drafts him will also have to start him from day one .at his age there is no reason to make him wait his turn.SO IF WE DRAFT HIM WE START HIM

He can start for teams, I don't doubt it . . . but why automatically "throw" him in there? Moore and Garrard is nothing like a TJax/Whitehurst combo that we saw from Seattle last year.

The age is being overblown a bit, we don't have to rush with Weeden this season. If he's ready he's ready but I don't think you "have" to throw him in there from day 1.

Floyd will not be the pick. I like Hosley & Givens in the 3rd, if they last.

1(8). Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame
2(42). Brandon Weeden - QB - Oklahoma State
3(72). Jayron Hosley - CB - Va Tech
3(73). Chris Givens - WR - Wake Forest
4(102). Bruce Irvin - OLB/DE - West Va
5(136). Michael Egnew - TE - Mizzou
6(185). Andrew Datko - OT - FSU
7(198). Olivier Vernon - DE - Miami

Nice job KDawg...I could live with that.

love the bruce irvin pick, here is my mock:

1. QB-Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M, 6-4, 221-Dolphins finally get their QB of the future. Tannehill will be a project and will have to sit for a year but Mike Sherman knows him best. He can execute the WC offense and is already being compared to Phillip Rivers by Mike Mayock.

2-TE Dwayne Allen, Clemson, 6-3, 255-Allen is an athletic receiving TE prospect who has decent blocking skills. Allen has soft, natural hands and excellent ball skills. Speed is good, cuts and turning ability are impressive.

3A-WR Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, 6-2, 215-While Sanu lacks the elite timed speed to leaves scouts gasping he does possess an exciting blend of size, strength and natural open field running skills. Possessing the size to contribute at split end as well as the savvy route-running and courage to attack defenses from the slot, Sanu is better prepared than most collegiate receivers to make the NFL jump.

3B-OG-Brandon Washington, Miami U, 6-3, 320-He has improved each year and is a brutal blocker on runs, but still needs work recognizing variables presented by various pass rushers. At Miami he started 15 games at left guard his first two years and 12 at left tackle last season. - Frank Cooney - The Sports Xchange, NFL Draft Scout.

4-OLB-Bruce Irvin, West Virgina, 6-3, 245- Ran 4.43/40, Pass Rush/Blitz: Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has flexibility to turn the corner. Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when passer steps up. Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves. Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.

5-CB-DeQuan Menzie, Alabama, 5-11, 202-Menzie is the Tide's starting cornerback opposite Dre Kirkpatrick … he moves inside to the `star' or nickel back in passing situations … very versatile and physical corner with outstanding cover skills while showing the ability to blitz off the corner and bring a toughness to the run support.

6-WR Danny Coale, Virgina Tech, 6-0, 201-Very good hands, would fit well in West Coast offense.

7-DT Hebron Fangupo, BYU, 6-1, 323-Adds depth behind Soliai, Possesses a girthy, wide-body size with a strong upper and lower body. Extremely strong with the raw power to overwhelm blockers at the point of attack. Anchors off the snap and holds his ground, staying stout in the run game.

nice mock kdawg, i would be very happy with a draft like that. I am completely against taking tannenhill with a first, i am hoping it does not happen.

The ONLY issue I have is that we seriously need help along the O-Line.

Would be estatic with Floyd/Weeden/Givens/Egnew....but I also don't think that Egnew falls that far....wouldn't surprise me to see him go late 3rd round actually.

That's one of the better mocks I've seen. I'm a huge Floyd fan, but I'm not sure this organization would take that chance. I agree with others if we get Weeden he likely starts -- hey what's wrong with that? I could also see a trade down, maybe with Cincy, and then draft either Fleener or Wright.

That's one of the better mocks I've seen. I'm a huge Floyd fan, but I'm not sure this organization would take that chance. I agree with others if we get Weeden he likely starts -- hey what's wrong with that? I could also see a trade down, maybe with Cincy, and then draft either Fleener or Wright.

I watched the highlights on floyd, he reminds me of a better version of myles austin. Extreme speed combined with skill, hes worth the chance. He might even be a better option than blackmon from what i have seen. He apparently had some off the field problems but i would still take a chance on um. Thats just me though, who knows if ireland will or not. We took a chance on brandon marshall and it didnt work out too well, but who knows, give it another go and see what happens, the bgigest need on this offense now is a wr. While a qb is still a huge need, i think matt moore is pretty good and would like to see him succeed.

Red flags. Floyd and Irvan. Philbin will be looking for high character. floyd had multiple drunk cases involving DWI. uh, just not seeing coach buying in. Irvan also troubled past. They may have great talent but if one of the missions is to find great talent, and then keep that talent, well, why would they want to keep people who will likely find more trouble once they make some money?

love the bruce irvin pick, here is my mock:

1. QB-Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M, 6-4, 221-Dolphins finally get their QB of the future. Tannehill will be a project and will have to sit for a year but Mike Sherman knows him best. He can execute the WC offense and is already being compared to Phillip Rivers by Mike Mayock.

2-TE Dwayne Allen, Clemson, 6-3, 255-Allen is an athletic receiving TE prospect who has decent blocking skills. Allen has soft, natural hands and excellent ball skills. Speed is good, cuts and turning ability are impressive.

3A-WR Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, 6-2, 215-While Sanu lacks the elite timed speed to leaves scouts gasping he does possess an exciting blend of size, strength and natural open field running skills. Possessing the size to contribute at split end as well as the savvy route-running and courage to attack defenses from the slot, Sanu is better prepared than most collegiate receivers to make the NFL jump.

3B-OG-Brandon Washington, Miami U, 6-3, 320-He has improved each year and is a brutal blocker on runs, but still needs work recognizing variables presented by various pass rushers. At Miami he started 15 games at left guard his first two years and 12 at left tackle last season. - Frank Cooney - The Sports Xchange, NFL Draft Scout.

4-OLB-Bruce Irvin, West Virgina, 6-3, 245- Ran 4.43/40, Pass Rush/Blitz: Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has flexibility to turn the corner. Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when passer steps up. Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves. Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.

5-CB-DeQuan Menzie, Alabama, 5-11, 202-Menzie is the Tide's starting cornerback opposite Dre Kirkpatrick … he moves inside to the `star' or nickel back in passing situations … very versatile and physical corner with outstanding cover skills while showing the ability to blitz off the corner and bring a toughness to the run support.

6-WR Danny Coale, Virgina Tech, 6-0, 201-Very good hands, would fit well in West Coast offense.

7-DT Hebron Fangupo, BYU, 6-1, 323-Adds depth behind Soliai, Possesses a girthy, wide-body size with a strong upper and lower body. Extremely strong with the raw power to overwhelm blockers at the point of attack. Anchors off the snap and holds his ground, staying stout in the run game.

pretty solid draft...washington might be a 4th round guy...can't stand menzie though as a cb...don't like that at all...coale is a late sleeper...ran much faster than he plays though...after fleener allens the next te off the board no question in my mind...i think he'll show better in the pros than he did at the combine...but theres a lot of what we already have in charles clay...although i think allen can play more in line...

I like the mock mate. My only fear is not making any attempt at upgrading the right side of the o-line. I would like to see us take a guard in the 3rd, maybe Brown or Silatolu (if we do not land Scott in free agency).

not a fan of egnew...not at all...if vernon last til the 7th round i'll be screaming at my tv in rounds 5 thru 7...i'd rather have him than bruce irvin

I'm not a fan of Egnew either.....i'm not a fan of this entire TE class other than Fleener and Allen, but even both of those guys have some major shortcomings. In Egnew, i see a guy who can't block and has minimal yards after catch ability. The guy goes down really easily and isn't physical, so i'm not sure how much of a seam buster he can be. He might get killed in there.

I think Fleener is gone late 1 so he's probably not an option unless we trade down....way down. He's just not worth top 15. There's a good chance Allen could be gone before we pick in the 2nd and if that happens, i might not even look at TE the rest of the way b/c the talent is so unimpressive. I would take a shot on Brad Herman as an UDFA. I would also consider Drunsmore late in the draft as a TE/HB hybrid.....but we kind of already have that in Clay, so i'm not sure it's really worth it.

Back
Top Bottom