KD's 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KD's 53

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
QB(2) - Tannehill/Moore
I understood giving Freeman a shot and MBT seems like a "system" guy . . . but pretty clear this is our QB setup this year
RB(4) - Miller/Williams/Ajayi/Gillislee
I think LeMike lost it on that fumble tonight combined with Jones resurgence on the returns and Gilly's strong running between the tackles.
WR(7) - Parker/Landry/Stills/Jennings/Matthews/Hazel/Jones
Yep, 7 guys here . . . Hazel will be inactive on Sundays but you in a sense stash him to have insurance against Matthews/Jennings leaving next year. Jones on returns
TE(3) - Cameron/Sims/Semisch
Wouldn't mind Semisch on the PS, but he's the best blocker of the remaining and the backup LS.
OL(8) - Albert/Thomas/Pouncey/Douglas/James/Turner/Fox/Brenner
The 8 most consistent guys . . . . the rest have been awful (well McClendon has been ok, but don't need another interior guy)
DL(9) - Wake/Mitchell/Suh/Vernon/Shelby/Phillips/Fede/Francis/Mosley
I think the toughest position to cut loose a guy. Francis has played the best . . . and I hate cutting loose Johnson but he's played third. We'll probably lose him.
LB(7) - Jenkins/Misi/Sheppard/McCain/Tripp/Vigil/Luc
The position needs love next year but ended up going with Luc over Paysinger on special teams . . . think you want that energy on the field somehow, someway.
CB(6) - Grimes/Taylor/McCain/McCain/Davis/Lippett
I thought Davis still needed to be kept around and tonight he showed his ability to make plays on the ball. With Taylor on the mend, I'm holding onto Davis for now. Bowman a tough cut
S(4) - Jones/Aikens/Thomas/Thompson
Delmas injury hurts the depth here so the rook will serve as the backup at SS . . . hopefully Reshad stays healthy, but Micheal Thomas also plays SS.
P(1) - Darr
So impressive tonight . . . I'm sure people will comment when he has a snafu in a real game, but he made the coaching staff/office look good tonight.
K(1) - Franks
The guy has done everything you've asked of him in preseason . . . Sturgis is inconsistent. And he can kick it deep. Roll the dice on the rook.
LS(1) - Denney
Guy has one bad snap in bad weather of a preseason and fans think we should cut ties . . . what a joke. Denney is a rock.

Inactives on Sundays: Matt Hazel, Billy Turner, Tony Lippett, CJ Mosley, Jay Ajayi, Zach Vigil, Bobby McCain
Hazel, Turner, Lippett are easy. Francis over Mosley because of special teams, Gills better in pass pro over Ajayi, Luc over Vigil on ST and other McCain over Bobby

Toughest Cuts: Zach Bowman, Anthony Johnson, Spencer Paysinger, Lemike James and Mike Hull
All 5 guys could easily be on the roster . . . but I left them out. Anthony probably the toughest one for me, would like to PS him but I doubt he makes it.

Practice Sqaud(10): Deandre Coleman, Mike Hull, Neville Hewitt, Damarr Aultman, Emmanuel Dieke, McLeod Bethel-Thompson, Cobi Hamilton, James Davidson, Aundrey Walker, Michael Liedtke
Good mix of OL and LBs along with some more young receiver/returner and Defensive tackle . . . keeping MBT on for now. Think they try to sneak Johnson and he gets claimed.

I thought Davis and Gillislee were goners coming in but after two strong performances and LaMike's fumble they probably stick.

having two rookie kickers is scary but Darr showed why they kept him and Frank's I believe has also won the job over Mr inconsistent.

Not sure they keep 7 WR's and 4 RB's .That seems a lot and I think the third TE is not on the roster yet.

Solid effort brother :up:

James will be kept and no way Miami keeps 7 wrs. Gillislee is a fumble machine. James has more value. And it's too bad Jones didn't get more opportunities to return kicks. I think it comes down to Jones or Hazel and Hazel has played well this preseason.

I thought Davis and Gillislee were goners coming in but after two strong performances and LaMike's fumble they probably stick.

Two rookie kickers is scary bur Darr showed why they kept him and Frank's I believe has also won the job over Mr inconsistent.

Not sure they keep 7 WR's and 4 RB's .That seems a lot and I think the third TE is not on the roster yet.

Solid effort brother :up:

Essentially Jones will be a returner only on this team . . . and Hazel will be inactive most, if not all of the year as a way to stash him w/o exposing him . . . so we are only really using 5 wrs on the gameday roster. 4 RBs I feel comfortable about, 3 active on gamedays. Agree on the 3rd TE . . . and if somebody frees up I could see Semisch being cut and sent to the PS . . . but he's 6'8, should prove some value on special teams and he's a good blocker and the backup LS. Some value there.

Thanks for the feed back.

I don't think either Gillislee or Davis make it. Tannenbaum mentioned more than once during his broadcast interview that both are eligible for the practice squad, which if it wasn't writing on the wall sure sounded like it. But I agree that LaMike is probably gonna be LaUnemployed and that Jones has probably earned full time job as a return man. LaMike just goes on the Brian Manning pile with the other OTA superstars.

I'm not a fan of Luc and probably never will be. I'd wager on Paysinger instead. Likewise if Semisch makes it it'll only be because there's no one on the waiver wire we like better.

Is Matt Barkley gonna get cut? That could be a sneak pickup.

Agree on Franks. The field-goal battle has been even throughout. Franks is better on kickoffs so far. Also, Sturgis has had frequent hammy issues.

James will be kept and no way Miami keeps 7 wrs. Gillislee is a fumble machine. James has more value. And it's too bad Jones didn't get more opportunities to return kicks. I think it comes down to Jones or Hazel and Hazel has played well this preseason.

I dunno about LeMike . . . I've been telling people I'd like to upgrade him for a while. Not a better returner than Jones, not a better pass catcher than Williams, not a better runner between the tackles than Gillislee, not a 5th round pick in 2015 like Ajayi. He's shifty but he disappointed this preseason . . . you could be right, but I wanted to upgrade him before this game. Gilly gives us the best shot at a short yardage back for 2015.

Again 7 WRs on paper, but really 5 active on game day. Jones is strictly a returner in 2015 and Hazel would be inactive.

Nice. I'm down with most of that. 7 WRs with Jones as our returner makes a lot of sense to me. I don't think we need 4 RBs. I like how hard Gilleslee has played and I'd like to see that rewarded. I'd take him over LaMike. But I'd rather not lose Johnson or Hull for it. If there's an injury this year then finding a competent RB off the street will be by far the easiest of any other position. I wouldn't keep Mosely over Johnson. There's just too much talent there to give up on for a non-critical backup slot given to a declining vet. Then there's Hull who I'll admit I have a bias for because I see some ZT in him. I don't think he'll make it to the PS. Another team will consider what he did in college look at something like the goalline stand from last week and scoop him up. Luc does have potential as an ST player, and could essentially be Paysinger sooner than later, but I wouldn't keep him over Hull.

I don't think either Gillislee or Davis make it. Tannenbaum mentioned more than once during his broadcast interview that both are eligible for the practice squad, which if it wasn't writing on the wall sure sounded like it.

Missed that. If so then they probably roll with Miller , Williams and Ajayi plus Jones for KR and 6 wide outs.

Much better option for inactive QB if they carry 3 especially with the Lazor connection if he's cut.

I don't think either Gillislee or Davis make it. Tannenbaum mentioned more than once during his broadcast interview that both are eligible for the practice squad, which if it wasn't writing on the wall sure sounded like it. But I agree that LaMike is probably gonna be LaUnemployed and that Jones has probably earned full time job as a return man. LaMike just goes on the Brian Manning pile with the other OTA superstars.

I'm not a fan of Luc and probably never will be. I'd wager on Paysinger instead. Likewise if Semisch makes it it'll only be because there's no one on the waiver wire we like better.

Could definitely see Bowman, Paysinger and another RB (Lemike or someone else) in there . . . definitely weren't easy decisions for me. Really like Luc as a special teams only type of guy . . . love his intensity, been dreaming of having somebody like that on this team. Hope the Dolphins give it some thought.

Matt Barkley for Matt Moore . . . . didn't he struggle in Lazor's system? I do think us jettisoning Matt Moore could be a "sneaky" happening . . . but I still believe he sticks this year.

As an aside, unpopular opinion time:

Matt Darr will underwhelm this season. I realize everyone loves him now, just as they loved Caleb Sturgis and wished Dan Carpenter a big adios once upon a time. But Darr was a mediocre college punter and Fields has been a stalwart for years in the NFL. Yes, Fields had a bad season. But he was one of the league's best punters before that. Ask yourself what's more likely, that a guy who's already demonstrated he can be an excellent punter will return to form or that a guy who's never been a great punter -- who was replaced as a starting punter in college as a junior -- will suddenly become one?

I realize punters are barely football players but this sort of last-thing-I-saw-is-the-only-thing-that-matters decision making annoys me. The fact that we did it once with a kicker and now with a punter makes me wonder if it's just that Darren Rizzi is just a hyper-active man child who overreacts to everything.

Nice. I'm down with most of that. 7 WRs with Jones as our returner makes a lot of sense to me. I don't think we need 4 RBs. I like how hard Gilleslee has played and I'd like to see that rewarded. I'd take him over LaMike. But I'd rather not lose Johnson or Hull for it. If there's an injury this year then finding a competent RB off the street will be by far the easiest of any other position. I wouldn't keep Mosely over Johnson. There's just too much talent there to give up on for a non-critical backup slot given to a declining vet. Then there's Hull who I'll admit I have a bias for because I see some ZT in him. I don't think he'll make it to the PS. Another team will consider what he did in college look at something like the goalline stand from last week and scoop him up. Luc does have potential as an ST player, and could essentially be Paysinger sooner than later, but I wouldn't keep him over Hull.

Trust me, I thought hard about Mosley over Johnson . . . . in the end I felt having a veteran this year to go along with 2 young guys in Phillips and Francis made more sense than just having 3 young guys. More than likely Johnson will never have a major impact on this team as we have Suh/Phillips for the next 4 years at minimum . . . and he lost to Francis. If he can't make the PS, I like Deandre Coleman as a guy to develop on our PS at DT.

Yea not as high on Hull as you are, but I respect that, if he made the team, no beef from me.

Tricky decisions, took a few risks . . . hoping to nail 50 of em at least.

Agree on Franks. The field-goal battle has been even throughout. Franks is better on kickoffs so far. Also, Sturgis has had frequent hammy issues.

I mean it's pretty much "Oh he didn't miss this preseason?" . . . ok lets roll with him.

Truthfully I don't know what to expect. Wish we made the trade for Tampa's new kicker . . . saw him the other week with Detroit and wanted a look at him.

Could definitely see Bowman, Paysinger and another RB (Lemike or someone else) in there . . . definitely weren't easy decisions for me. Really like Luc as a special teams only type of guy . . . love his intensity, been dreaming of having somebody like that on this team. Hope the Dolphins give it some thought.

Matt Barkley for Matt Moore . . . . didn't he struggle in Lazor's system? I do think us jettisoning Matt Moore could be a "sneaky" happening . . . but I still believe he sticks this year.

I don't place too high a value on any of these backups. I mean we're getting our asses kicked in every second half in preseason and they're the reason. I honestly don't even see that much of a future with a preseason "hero" like Zach Vigil, much less a weight lifter type with no instincts like Jeff Luc. One's a slug and the other just can't play football. Why should I care? We could cut to like 48 or 49 and bring in cut players from other teams and I'd be fine with it.

I seem to remember reading nothing but positive comments about Barkley from Lazor, though I suppose that could have been smoke (or my ****ed up memory).

Back
Top Bottom