Keenan Allen red-flagged for a drug test at Combine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan Allen red-flagged for a drug test at Combine

the timing of this coming out is odd...but it is shefter which leads to a lot of credibility...

What could/does this mean for his draft position? Does it likely push him out of the 1st round?

Your more in the know with this kinda stuff so riddle me this......

The majority of these prospects have worked extremely hard for years hoping for a chance to participate in this very rare job interview(NFL Combine). How is it possible given their usual representation(by agents), resources made available to them(treatment centers, former players etc etc) and everything else is it possible to show up and fail a drug test? Especially, when it's be documented how much it can hurt your value. What I'm I missing here?

Think he was already out of the 1st round.

****ing kids nowday's, just another wasted life going to get millions now only thousands, smoke all you want when football is over............

Your more in the know with this kinda stuff so riddle me this......

The majority of these prospects have worked extremely hard for years hoping for a chance to participate in this very rare job interview(NFL Combine). How is it possible given their usual representation(by agents), resources made available to them(treatment centers, former players etc etc) and everything else is it possible to show up and fail a drug test? Especially, when it's be documented how much it can hurt your value. What I'm I missing here?

Sometimes you can't fix stupid.

And sometimes, you don't have to.

It could be weed, it could be heroin (highly unlikely obviously), or it could just be something like Adderall. Calling this guy a loser because he "reportedly was red-flagged at the combine" is unjust. I'd like to hear the details before judging unlike some on here.

It really makes you understand why GMs and Teams are scared to death of prospects that fail something like a drug test. If they aren't willing to take the proper responsibility at such a crucial juncture in their early careers. How the heck I'm I suppose to believe this person is going to put forth the proper due towards my organization and team?

Sometimes you can't fix stupid.

And sometimes, you don't have to.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Oh, indeed!

It could be weed, it could be heroin (highly unlikely obviously), or it could just be something like Adderall. Calling this guy a loser because he "reportedly was red-flagged at the combine" is unjust. I'd like to hear the details before judging unlike some on here.

Keenan Allen is at best a 4th round pick.

he's not a 4th round talent...anyways not saying that this isn't a red flag with allen but if the league took every kid that smoked pot and kicked em out probably 50 percent of the current players wouldn't be there anymore...still percy harvin got drafted in round 1 after testing positive at the combine i believe it was so this is not a guaranteed death sentence...but it does speak to a guy not being very smart given the timing...and it doesn't do anything but give more flame to the skeptics take...

Percy Harvin also got kicked off his own team the same year he was on pace for what they felt was easily an MVP caliber season.

I bet Miami has taken him off their board. The Dolphins don't need a boundary receiver to me. I wouldn't mind a 6'4 type of receiver for red zone, but I am betting that Gibson is set for that role even though he isn't particularly tall. There are only so many roster spots.

What Miami needs are receivers in the middle of the field, both a slot guy with speed and a TE. Swope and Kelce would be too outstanding complements to what Miami has already.

As much as Miami has improved, I think they need another legit red zone target. Keller and Gibson should help but Wallace, Hartline, and Bess are non entities in the red zone.

Back
Top Bottom