Keenan Allen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan Allen

JDRA20

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind picking this guy up, his stock seems to be slipping quite a bit since he didn't run at the combine, and he was injured last year. He reminds me a bit of Boldin or Fitzgerald; a strong, physical receiver who lacks great speed, but can make people miss, and make the difficult catch. He can line up on the outside and in the slot, which is great versatility like Ireland has been trying to get in our WR corp.

The Dolphins already have speed to stretch the field with Wallace and Keller, drafting a guy like Allen now would give him a perfect opportunity to work under their deep routes, and slowly develop into a great receiving threat.

If he fell to the mid 20's of the first round, I wouldn't be against trading up to get him.

Also, I believe that Ireland still plans on drafting 2 wide receivers in the draft: Gibson's contract is 3 years, with Hartline's and Wallace's being 5 years. Although they are going to be the foundation of our team next year, I believe they will eventually be considered "stopgaps" to the receivers we draft this year, and each contract gives the rookies plenty of time to develop. Yes, I know $60m is a lot for a stopgap, but it sure beats Legedu Nanee.

We're young at wr now with our pickups. We need to focus on getting younger on the defensive line, add some corners and a couple of o-lineman.

Back
Top Bottom