Keenan McCardell? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan McCardell?

kraalball

Rookie
Reaction score
Do you guys think we should make an offer to the Bucs or maybe wait until they release him? He's holding out for more money and he's not worth what he's asking, but if they cut him maybe we can work out an affordable deal. I think he would be a decent #2.

kraalball said:
Do you guys think we should make an offer to the Bucs or maybe wait until they release him? He's holding out for more money and he's not worth what he's asking, but if they cut him maybe we can work out an affordable deal. I think he would be a decent #2.

Well his stock certainly rose through the roof with the Fins today.
I think it would be a good move as well but if he wants to break the bank then he's not worth it.

screw mccardell. he's 34, lost more than a step and wants #1 wr money. he wants chambers money. FORGET MCCARDELL.

Guys we are officially rebuilding. We dont need any more againg players on this team.

kraalball said:
He's younger & faster than Tim Brown. He's not a long term answer, but he's better than what we've got now.

Maybe so, but we're trying to build a new, younger offense...and breaking the bank for a 34 year old possesion WR who definately isnt worth what hes asking for (no knock on the guy, hes a quality player, but he wants Chambers cash and well....hes no Chambers, lol) doesnt sound like a great way to help that along. I say no...maybe get Brown for a 1 year deal, though.

I wouldn't break the bank for him either. I would just rent him for the year. There's nobody available that we can rebuild around. If the Bucs cut him, nobody is going to give him the money he's seeking anyways. We could sign him to a low base deal with performance incentives. I don't think Brown is the answer. He would be a positive influence to the younger receivers, but on the field he has a lot harder time getting open than DT.

If you want a younger, cheaper alternative, why not call Denny Green and see if they'd be willing to trade Bryant Johnson?

Back
Top Bottom