Keenum Vs. Tannehill | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenum Vs. Tannehill

And honestly the more people bitch about the money ryan made the less they understand about the damn starting qb cost on a non rookie contract.

Jesus Case Keenum as nothing more than a stop gap from the day he signed in Denver was 2 years and $36 or $38 mil.

And honestly the more people bitch about the money ryan made the less they understand about the damn starting qb cost on a non rookie contract.

Jesus Case Keenum as nothing more than a stop gap from the day he signed in Denver was 2 years and $36 or $38 mil.

I don’t blame Ryan for cashing a check. I blame the front office for ruining a nicely structured contract into an anchor for a guy who hadn’t took snaps Since Week 14 of the the 2016 NFL season

It was only $8.6 million cap hit because we restructured him. To ignore that is like using PFF as your only basis of analysis.

And the base was only $790,000 . . . .he was really a steal LOL

I’m sure that restructure was the full product of a high cap hit. And not anything else

Probably a inflated hit in year 3 I guess it was gonna be of the extension. I’m not sure why anyone would think that would be unusual

Provided the qb was still the plan

I’m sure that restructure was the full product of a high cap hit. And not anything else

Probably a inflated hit in year 3 I guess it was gonna be of the extension. I’m not sure why anyone would think that would be unusual

Provided the qb was still the plan

The restructure was the full product of a bafoon running the ship who needed funds to pay for busted free agents after many whiffs in previous seasons.

The original cap hit in 2018 was going to be $19.7 million . . . .which is absolutely a fine deal, despite the bad luck injuries we had.

Instead we made the cap hit $8.6 million, and the final 2 years went from similar $20 million dollar cap hits to $26 million dollar ones.

But more than anything the dead cap hit ballooned from $5 million to $13 million if we cut bait.

It just didn’t make sense to this with him not being healthy since 2016.

We did the same dumb **** with Reshad.

The restructure was the full product of a bafoon running the ship who needed funds to pay for busted free agents after many whiffs in previous seasons.

The original cap hit in 2018 was going to be $19.7 million . . . .which is absolutely a fine deal, despite the bad luck injuries we had.

Instead we made the cap hit $8.6 million, and the final 2 years went from similar $20 million dollar cap hits to $26 million dollar ones.

But more than anything the dead cap hit ballooned from $5 million to $13 million if we cut bait.

That Reshad contract is going to be the biggest eye sore left, and lots of safety carnage out there in 2019 FA looks like.

He will be cut next year- no question.

I think you nailed it on the needing money part because of other failed free agents. If Tannys cap hit wasn’t an eye sore prior to tbe restructure then that must have been it.

A few of them have stated several times that they’re Tannehill fans and not dolphins fans. So they’ll migrate to his next team. Hope they like Canadian Football.

No, you were putting those words in people's mouths.

Our Gm or whoever was in charge of decision making made the mistake that tannehill had ceiling left before the extension, he did not, and it shouldn’t of been that difficult to figure out.

Back
Top Bottom