Keep Tua, He Will Be Better Than Watson! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Tua, He Will Be Better Than Watson!

He’s also got 22 other things he’s got going for him more than Tua……
No doubt, as I said in my response I'm not endorsing a trade for him, what he did I find reprehensible. That aside, and focusing on football, everything I stated is currently true. I don't put blind faith in a player, you need to show me before I shower you with such lofty praise. I'm a realist. I hope Tua can reach the same level of play but at this point, he has a lot he needs to work on.

I love the kid but:
He put up those stats against the two worst teams against the pass. Let's see him continue it next week at Buffalo.
He doesn't throw the ball downfield, only averaged 7 yds per attempt yesterday, threw 1 pass over 20 yards, and zero attempts over 40 yards. You won't win many shootouts dinking and dunking, you're going to have to start looking downfield.
Watson may have made stupid personal decisions but as far as his football acumen goes, he's highly intelligent.

Sound like a dummy to you?

I love your enthusiasm but you should temper it a bit before you claim he'll be better than Watson. Watson is faster, more elusive, reads the Defenses quicker, and has a stronger arm. I'm not sticking up for Watson I'm just stating the obvious facts, I love Tua but in no way do I even put him in the same category as Watson yet, let alone claim he's better at this point or is going to pass him. How bout he passes Herbert and Burrow first before we start talking Watson. He's got a long way to go and a lot to prove to reach that point.
Given that, I'm rooting for my QB and hope he grows and succeeds...

I say sure his last two games were against weakwe opponents, but it shows what he could look like when his team is on at least equal ground with the opponent. Right now it's bad offense vs bad defense. If Tua had a middle of the road offensive line and running game I think he could at least have games equal to what we've seen recently, but against middle of the road defenses. I think it's a bit unfair to tell a young qb... "here's an F level offense, now go out and look good against C level opponents." What I'm saying is what we're seeing now could be what Tua looks like when he does his job and the rest of the offense can at least hold their own ground against the opposing defense. Just imagine if we ever reached the point where we were superiour accross te board against most defenses. Not talking about having the top offense in the league, but anywhere in the top 10 would be great.

You can’t throw deep if you only have 2.3 seconds to throw at most on every play.
Sure but you can certainly throw more than 10, no? There are plays where he does have more than 2.3 seconds, that's the average. When you roll out you have more than 2.3 seconds the majority of the time. If you're not throwing deep they are not going to respect the passing game and are going to crowd the line...

Tua reminds me of Drew Brees just give him a couple years and you will be rewarded greatly. Tua has a rare skillset we just need some patience.
What rare skillset?

Those rare skillsets are all draft day talk. I haven't seen Tua make any throw that any other starter couldn't duplicate.

I love the kid but:
He put up those stats against the two worst teams against the pass. Let's see him continue it next week at Buffalo.
He doesn't throw the ball downfield, only averaged 7 yds per attempt yesterday, threw 1 pass over 20 yards, and zero attempts over 40 yards. You won't win many shootouts dinking and dunking, you're going to have to start looking downfield.
Watson may have made stupid personal decisions but as far as his football acumen goes, he's highly intelligent.

Sound like a dummy to you?

I love your enthusiasm but you should temper it a bit before you claim he'll be better than Watson. Watson is faster, more elusive, reads the Defenses quicker, and has a stronger arm. I'm not sticking up for Watson I'm just stating the obvious facts, I love Tua but in no way do I even put him in the same category as Watson yet, let alone claim he's better at this point or is going to pass him. How bout he passes Herbert and Burrow first before we start talking Watson. He's got a long way to go and a lot to prove to reach that point.
Given that, I'm rooting for my QB and hope he grows and succeeds...

In fairness, who does Tua have to throw the ball down the field to other than Gesicki?

No Parker or Fuller and play designs have Waddle on routes around the LOS. Even with Parker and Fuller, not sure Tua or any QB behind Miami's OL will have time to throw anything beyond 5 yards.

For this game, Buffalo will most likely have someone running free at Tua on most plays as a result of a blitz or a whiff, and most likely both.

I say sure his last two games were against weakwe opponents, but it shows what he could look like when his team is on at least equal ground with the opponent. Right now it's bad offense vs bad defense. If Tua had a middle of the road offensive line and running game I think he could at least have games equal to what we've seen recently, but against middle of the road defenses. I think it's a bit unfair to tell a young qb... "here's an F level offense, now go out and look good against C level opponents." What I'm saying is what we're seeing now could be what Tua looks like when he does his job and the rest of the offense can at least hold their own ground against the opposing defense. Just imagine if we ever reached the point where we were superiour accross te board against most defenses. Not talking about having the top offense in the league, but anywhere in the top 10 would be great.
Right, I agree with that premise, but he still has to find a way to get the ball down the field. Even if it's incomplete, it drops the safties back opening up the intermediate pass. It loosens up the D when they have to respect the deep ball.

You can’t throw deep if you only have 2.3 seconds to throw at most on every play.
Sure you can. 5 other teams have the same time to pass as we do and they throw down field fine.
Herbert had 2.2 seconds to pass last year (ranked last in the NFL) and he threw deep all the time.
Stop making excuses.

Yes you can... And TBH Tua doesnt throw short more than the average QB... For comparison sake, He's throwing the same exact distance as Herbert and .1 yard shorter than Mahomes on average, though he's getting rid of it much quicker.

People always kling to results as if thats all there is to it... Context matters. Comparing Tua's fist 12 games to every NFL QB's first 12 games, you find out he's way ahead of the curve. And its not like he's getting carried by his team.

Im actually with anyone that says this offense should be 100% more aggressive, but thats not for Tua to decide. The coaching staff needs to play like it does when its desperate, all game.

Sure but you can certainly throw more than 10, no? There are plays where he does have more than 2.3 seconds, that's the average. When you roll out you have more than 2.3 seconds the majority of the time. If you're not throwing deep they are not going to respect the passing game and are going to crowd the line...
The plays are poorly designed and the receivers routinely run them short of the sticks.

I'm sure some is on Tua, but our oline cant block a 4 man rush. Teams are dropping 7 into coverage, who is going to be open ?

We need a real OC. Things will look better.

The plays are poorly designed and the receivers routinely run them short of the sticks.

I'm sure some is on Tua, but our oline cant block a 4 man rush. Teams are dropping 7 into coverage, who is going to be open ?

Here's something thats not on Tua... Fins are dead last in the NFL at getting yards after the catch, and top 3 at drop%...

In fairness, who does Tua have to throw the ball down the field to other than Gesicki?

No Parker or Fuller and play designs have Waddle on routes around the LOS. Even with Parker and Fuller, not sure Tua or any QB behind Miami's OL will have time to throw anything beyond 5 yards.

For this game, Buffalo will most likely have someone running free at Tua on most plays as a result of a blitz or a whiff, and most likely both.
The O-Coordinators have completely mismanaged the usage of our WR's. When Gesicki only plays 64% of the plays, that's a mistake. When Waddle is used in the slot or used for short yardage passes, a mistake. So I agree he doesn't always have an ideal opportunity when it comes to his receivers but you still have to throw the ball downfield. Only 1 pass for 20+ yards out of 40 attempts just isn't good enough. You can't say out of all those passes there wasn't a single receiver open downfield at any time. I don't buy that. He needs to open it up and throw downfield more. He's been sacked 1 time in 88 attempts the past two games, he's had time. The line has been playing better, it's not all their fault and it's time to stop using them as an excuse. I love him but I'm also critical of him, he needs to play better.

Here's something thats not on Tua... Fins are dead last in the NFL at getting yards after the catch, and top 3 at drop%...
That's because the majority of the balls are caught in traffic on short routes and only Waddle has the elusiveness to make YAC.

no doubt

Back
Top Bottom