Keep Tua, He Will Be Better Than Watson! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Tua, He Will Be Better Than Watson!

I thought Tua would handle this adversity brilliantly and he has, playing at a high level despite the worst line in football creating chaos in front of him and despite the sabotaging coaches that want him to fail.

Imagine trying to be a young Qb behind that oline with a rookie wide receiver and a big wide receiver in Gesicki.

Kid is keeping it together playing well despite very poor surrounding context and variables
At least Tua doesn't have to deal with distractions like Miami is trying to make a trade to replace him as he deals with the on field adversity...wait, never mind.

And just what might that skill set be because I see bang average across the board.
Great instincts, accuracy, leadership
Good pocket presence, arm strength, mobility
Average size, durability

All of those can be developed which means when hes in his prime he'll be elite but hopefully before that. Tom brady was a game manager his first couple of years on a much better team. Not everyone starts or ends the same way.

Watson as football talent for sure.

But Guilty or innocent he is not getting out of his mess unscathed. He hasn't been suspended yet because Houston hasn't tried to play him. They probably know that the NFL will pull that card if they try and they don't want to harm his value to some dumb organisation

The fact that we are discussing trading for a player who most likely will be placed on administrative leave the minuet we sign him just shows how imbecilic our Front office and ownership actually is.

I personally think the reason this season is tanking the way it is is because these Watson rumors are coming from Ross. Flores wants no part of it... His frustration is manifesting in his entire staff...

Listen Linda, it doesn’t matter if we trade for Brady, Montana or santa claus, if Grier and Flores are in charge we will still suck. But hey at least we can attend concerts , watch soccer etc per gargamel(garfinkel) at our upgraded stadium charging $40 for parking, $12 for a cup of beer and if your a hipster you can pay $25 for 1 rib w/o meat w Mac & cheese w/o cheese.

Tua needs a little more velocity but I agree he can be very good in this league. His running ability is about the same as Tannehill but a weaker arm. If he could threaten the field a little more outside the numbers he will be excellent in this league. I think his will arm will get a little stronger over the next couple of years barring a shoulder injury. He seems to love football and winning so I’m sure he will strive to improve all aspects of his game.

DON'T EVER draft undersized, injured QB's. If we would have got Herburt last year, or even sat at 12, took Jones, and kept all the first round picks this year....well, what if again.......

Been a Dolphin fan for 48 years (Was born in 72!). I truly believe we already have our Franchise QB in Tua. Our head coach and GM, if it’s true that they are trying to trade for Watson, they should be fired on the spot. A. We already have our franchise qb. He’s getting better despite a horribly constructed line and a bs offense that was selected by a stobborn defensive minded coach (who doesn’t even coach the defense correctly). Tua in his last 2 games has thrown for 300 yards, he had his first 4 touchdown game - a game in which yes he threw two interceptions, but he also led the team to a comeback (we took the lead) but our defensive minded coach’s conservative defense couldn’t stop the opposing offense when it counted most. Tua is getting better and better game by game. He’s going to pass Watson easily. He’s on a much higher trajectory, and his first 10 games he was at 60% health. Think about that. His first 3 games back at 100% health and he’s putting up excellent numbers and that’s without having a line to give him the necessary 4 seconds to throw the deep ball - something he did prolifically in college (when he had time). B. Why would you trade for a guy who’s going to get suspended and who at the very least has questionable intelligence / integrity / common sense? This has disaster written all over it.

Stop the madness, Flores and Grier, and come out today and tell the world that Miami has no interest in Deshawn Watson. Tua Tagovailoa is our QB and we are 100 percent committed to him. Do it this week or step down please and stop ruining my beloved franchise.
Well, we have one thing in common, actually two, both born in 72, the greatest Dolphins season and we are both lifelong diehard fans.

I have to disagree with you on Tua. While Im not a fan and never have been, I like him, and I believe he will be a good QB in this league. I do NOT think he will ever touch Deshaun Watson as an ELITE QB. Just watch the tape. I dont mean watch Tua at Bama where he is throwing to wide open receivers, handing off to top RBs and having all day to throw. Lots of QBs have looked good at Bama. In the NFL, he still has a ways to go. He is improving, yes, but he doesnt match the elite skills that Watson already has.

I believe if we had Watson, we would have won the Raiders, Colts, Jags and Falcons games. We would have scored more points and most likely not had our defense out there as much. Elite QBs make the team better.

I get the support of Tua as well as the hesitancy of Watson only for his legal troubles. Just talking football, Watson is a lot better. You rarely get a chance to get a proven Elite QB in his prime at 26.

Had there not been a top QB available to acquire like Watson, none of this talk around trading Tua exists and he gets a few years like most other top 5 picks to develop.

Listen Linda, it doesn’t matter if we trade for Brady, Montana or santa claus, if Grier and Flores are in charge we will still suck. But hey at least we can attend concerts , watch soccer etc per gargamel(garfinkel) at our upgraded stadium charging $40 for parking, $12 for a cup of beer and if your a hipster you can pay $25 for 1 rib w/o meat w Mac & cheese w/o cheese.
I think this is the BIGGEST point the Watson mob is missing. If we were to make this move my the deadline it guarantees Flo/Grier are here next year. I don’t understand how anyone could want that. This is not Tua vs Watson for me and it shouldn’t be that for anyone. This is get these guys out of here or this will never be fixed. Hire a new GM and coach and if they want Watson fine but do it in the offseason . DON’T LET THESE GUYS DO ANYTHING ELSE ASSET RELATED PERIOD.

I think Tua’s got a high ceiling but I also think DW is a top QB who is already at that point and is ready now. Too many nfl commentators and ex players rate DW highly for him to flop at the fins I think. That said I’d be happy with either so I’m in a win win situation re: QBs

I love the kid but:
He put up those stats against the two worst teams against the pass. Let's see him continue it next week at Buffalo.
He doesn't throw the ball downfield, only averaged 7 yds per attempt yesterday, threw 1 pass over 20 yards, and zero attempts over 40 yards. You won't win many shootouts dinking and dunking, you're going to have to start looking downfield.
Watson may have made stupid personal decisions but as far as his football acumen goes, he's highly intelligent.

Sound like a dummy to you?

I love your enthusiasm but you should temper it a bit before you claim he'll be better than Watson. Watson is faster, more elusive, reads the Defenses quicker, and has a stronger arm. I'm not sticking up for Watson I'm just stating the obvious facts, I love Tua but in no way do I even put him in the same category as Watson yet, let alone claim he's better at this point or is going to pass him. How bout he passes Herbert and Burrow first before we start talking Watson. He's got a long way to go and a lot to prove to reach that point.
Given that, I'm rooting for my QB and hope he grows and succeeds...

Well done. Youtube is full of Watson videos that are mindblowing...from his ROOKIE season! Anyone that doesnt clearly see a major difference in talent doesnt know football. Im rooting for Tua, but lets call it as it really is. Watson makes us better immediately even with the swiss cheese OL. I can dream of this guy throwing to Gesicki, Parker and Fuller, but imagine his impact on Waddle going DEEP!

Back
Top Bottom