Keep Your Expectations Low Guys | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Your Expectations Low Guys

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
I certainly agree that there are many areas of concern right now. Talent isn't great is the bottom line. However I caution all of us to keep our expectations low this year. Sure its okay to criticize and talk about areas needing to get better but realistically Miami is a 6 win team this year if we are lucky.

We have a new coach, new system, new players (especially the most important one ... QB), new assistant coaches, etc. Miami is going to build through the draft which will take a few years to get the right players. Fact is Miami is going to stink this year and may not be much better next year.

In my experience if we don't expect much we won't get so dissapointed that we live the next 4 months in anger. Let's allow our coaches to install their philosophy and get the right players for their system. Let's enjoy the growing process and get excited as Miami grows. And most of all, remember we just watched only the second preseason game of all of this.

Keep your expectations low for your own sakes :brewskis:

Unfortunately the nfl these days does not seem to allow time or have the patience to allow coaches to implement new systems. Thus its often a self repeating carousel of failure for the same teams over and over again. You must have some success relatively quickly or change occurs.

6 wins is realistic it is what it is! We lack speed, play makers, need help all over the secondary, can't cover a te,, need several wr,, and help on both lines.

My expectations weren't high to begin with. Although I had high expectations for the 2012 draft class, Jonathan Martin has me really down right now. I originally thought 6-8 wins, but have to admit, I'm beginning to think more like 4-6 wins.

Anyone ever stop to think that the coaching staff forced some plays this game in order to evaluate player talent?

I certainly agree that there are many areas of concern right now. Talent isn't great is the bottom line. However I caution all of us to keep our expectations low this year. Sure its okay to criticize and talk about areas needing to get better but realistically Miami is a 6 win team this year if we are lucky.

We have a new coach, new system, new players (especially the most important one ... QB), new assistant coaches, etc. Miami is going to build through the draft which will take a few years to get the right players. Fact is Miami is going to stink this year and may not be much better next year.

In my experience if we don't expect much we won't get so dissapointed that we live the next 4 months in anger. Let's allow our coaches to install their philosophy and get the right players for their system. Let's enjoy the growing process and get excited as Miami grows. And most of all, remember we just watched only the second preseason game of all of this.

Sounds like a good life philosophy.....you must be real successful..........

We lack athletes. I'm hoping this acorn nonsense Ireland believes in is tossed out. Go out and find freakish athletes not mediocre talent that works hard.

There is some talent. Just not much. Feels like more of the same as much as I don't want it to be.

[video=youtube;YtaCF0A5wWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtaCF0A5wWw[/video]

I've said before this is a 5-11 caliber team, and it's starting to show now. Don't expect much from an offense with one of the weakest WR groups in football, but that's what you get when you trade away one of the best WRs in football for nothing and then don't do anything to replace him.

Back
Top Bottom