LB (8): Baker, McMillan, Egouven, van Ginkel, Allen + 2 newbies
CB (5): Howard, Needham, Wiltz, + 2 newbies
S (4): Rowe, Parker, Aikens + 1 newbie

K (1): Sanders
P (1): Hack
LS (1): Peppers

Main cuts: Ballage, Grant, Kilgore, Reed, C Harris, R Jonses, B McCain;

Last chance: A Wilson, C Tankersly;

We have around 18 vacant jobs, 14 draft picks for 2020.
Main cuts: Ballage, Grant, Kilgore, Reed, C Harris, R Jonses, B McCain;

Last chance: A Wilson, C Tankersly;

We have around 18 vacant jobs and 14 draft picks for 2020.
We need 3-5 FA pickups who will make it to the final 53, and some surprise UDFAs

Very close to my list. Comments below aren't what I WANT, but what I expect.
I suspect Fitz stays as a 'vet presence' to help whoever the young QB is. If not Fitz, a vet will be brought in.
Not sure about Cox/Gaskins. At best, they'll get competition. In any case, Miami needs a 'heavy' RB
Not sure Kilgore is gone. I'm inclined he'll be back.
OL - I have little confidence in making predictions. I have no idea how Flo and staff see some of those guys as starters.
Wilson and/or Grant will be back.
I'm inclined Harris will be back as depth unless Miami gets 2-3 new DEs a couple being quality guys.
McCain stays unless Miami finds a quality slot.
Aikens isn't and NFL safety. I'd list him as ST.
The obvious qualifier . . . I expect to see increasing snaps rest of the year for some 'unknowns' (e.g., AVG). They can seal a spot or or seal their demise. we can revisit this after game 16.

I think most of you guys did a really good job with this. I would like to see us keep Albert because I think with the injury he had it would take 2 seasons to get fully healed. but only if he take a pay cut. He gives us a different look and speed factor when healthy.

Rosen should not be on the roster next year. Physically he has the talent, but his mind was exposed this year….he does not think quick enough.

Adios Jones, adios Harris.

I think we need more than 1 DE … upgrading the DE and LB positions is a must IMO … IF we can come up with 3 difference makers on D it would take us a long way so a CB to pair with X is a need … of course we need a QB

I don't need to see Ballage or Wilson anymore and I don't think Grant is going anywhere yet … as far as Fitz goes I like him here 1 more year as a back up/mentor, don't really care about Rosen one way or another right now … quitter Jones can go and take McCain with him (unless he plays where his strength is (hint:it's not safety or on the outside CB position)

Hopefully we add FA's that are not in the "Diva" positions (RB,WR) seems like a trend for these types to become bigger than the team/game … If there are a couple of YOUNG (coming off 1st contract) and hungry linemen on offense or defense then cool ... but not aging (looking for the last payday) types

Two players I'm hearing local chatter on are Harris and Jenkins. The debate around Harris is its the 4th year of his rookie contract so he's still cheap. And given how Flo has turned around players like Parker and needham...can he possible do it with Harris.
I'm a fan of Jenkins. Its funny to think at 27 he is the old man, leader on the field. I would like to see him back. However, most have him out the door after this season.

Rosen should not be on the roster next year. Physically he has the talent, but his mind was exposed this year….he does not think quick enough.

Adios Jones, adios Harris.
they all have talent
Rosen,Love,herbert Eason and , Fromm. All need to be developed. Including Tua being hurt

you guys dont think its possible that all along, Rosen was the coaches plan? Maybe they are sitting him so they dont ruin his confidence. Remember, Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Favre. Rosen is only, what, 22? He makes some good throws I admit, but doesnt look or act like a leader.

Perhaps they are sitting him so they dont ruin his confidence, and get him to learn under Fitzpatrick. Once a better OL comes in, in 2020 or 2021, they might start him? Guy is still young.

If Burrow is gone at our pick, no point in taking a QB early. I dont see Herbert or Fromm (anymore, I liked him) as NFL caliber.

you guys dont think its possible that all along, Rosen was the coaches plan? Maybe they are sitting him so they dont ruin his confidence. Remember, Rodgers sat for 3 years behind Favre. Rosen is only, what, 22? He makes some good throws I admit, but doesnt look or act like a leader.

Perhaps they are sitting him so they dont ruin his confidence, and get him to learn under Fitzpatrick. Once a better OL comes in, in 2020 or 2021, they might start him? Guy is still young.

If Burrow is gone at our pick, no point in taking a QB early. I dont see Herbert or Fromm (anymore, I liked him) as NFL caliber.
I definitely don't think he is out of thier plans. I feel Flo is sitting him for both thier interests. For Rosen, he is learning tons behind fitz right now. For Flo, he is able to evaluate the rest of the team without worrying about his qb getting killed.

We have 14 picks as of now. I can't imagine we don't trade down and add more. It wouldn't surprise me if we pick 18 times + add a few for next year.
Hope your right but bet we trade them to move and end up with fewer picks.

Fitzpatrick will be a great mentor and backup QB for our future face of the franchise. It's just good business and football to keep him on the roster. Plus, he's cheap at only $5.5M.

Absolutely this. If we are going to groom a young QB can't have QB room full of guys just trying to understand the playbook and the NFL. Mentorship is important.

I could see Rosen being the starting QB next year if they upgrade the OL. He came in shell shocked from playing behind a lousy Cardinals OL last year. He then was forced to play behind a terrible OL with the Dolphins.
The fact is Tua, Burrow, or any of the other QB‘s in the next draft wouldn’t have had any success in the same situation Rosen has had to play in since entering the NFL.

I have no idea if Rosen will ever be a quality starter in the NFL or not. I would just rather see the Dolphins draft Young with their first pick and then fill as many of the holes as they can in this draft and in free agency. Especially the huge holes on the OL.

If Rosen doesn’t show vast improvement with better talent around him next year, they should draft a QB with their first pick in the 2021 draft.

I could see Rosen being the starting QB next year if they upgrade the OL. He came in shell shocked from playing behind a lousy Cardinals OL last year. He then was forced to play behind a terrible OL with the Dolphins.
The fact is Tua, Burrow, or any of the other QB‘s in the next draft wouldn’t have had any success in the same situation Rosen has had to play in since entering the NFL.

I have no idea if Rosen will ever be a quality starter in the NFL or not. I would just rather see the Dolphins draft Young with their first pick and then fill as many of the holes as they can in this draft and in free agency. Especially the huge holes on the OL.

If Rosen doesn’t show vast improvement with better talent around him next year, they should draft a QB with their first pick in the 2021 draft.

If this turns out to the plan this place is going to implode, well most of it anyways. It would be a long offseason.

QB (3): Fitz, Rosen, + 1 newbie (barrow or Tua) yes I said Tua
RB (4): Laird, Cox + gaskins, 1 newbies (Harris, swift or taylor)
TE (3): Gesicki, Smythe + 1 newbie (Oj howard or draft one)
WR (6): Parker, Williams, Hurns,Grant, A Wilson at paycut, 1 newbies (ruggs,smith or lamb would be nice
OL (9): Davenport, Deiter, Davis, Prince, Colhoun, Boehm + 3 quys

HYB (2): Biegel, + 1 newbie ( isaiah simmons) can play safety or LB would make our d special)
DT (4): Wilkins, Godchaux, Jenkins + 1 newbie
DE (2): Charlton, + 1 newbie
LB (8): Baker, McMillan, Egouven, van Ginkel, Allen + 2 newbies
CB (5): Howard, Needham, Wiltz, + B McCain; 1 newbies
S (4): Rowe, Parker, Aikens + 1 newbie

K (1): Sanders
P (1): Hack
LS (1): Peppers

Main cuts: Ballage, Kilgore, Reed, R Jonses,

Last chance: , C Tankersly; C Harris

Back
Top Bottom