Keeping Philbin NOT helping Dolphins' image problem | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keeping Philbin NOT helping Dolphins' image problem

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
It's obvious that we have an image problem and I think Philbin should be fired ASAP to fix this dolphins's image problem.. How are we going to fix the public perception when our coach has no idea what is going on in his own locker room? He is firing people just to keep his job and save his behind..They already got rid of some of the staff he brought with him to Miami.

He might also be bipolar.. He decided to cut Chad Ochocinco for beating his Girl but covered up Davone Bess' behavior problems before trading him which was worst than Ocho.

We had to make the playoffs and lost against Thad Lewis and the jets.. Our team was on vacation mode the last 2 games of the season. Philbin failed to motivate his troops and did not make any adjustments when we had no answer for Buffalo and the Jets.

My last question, if you were an NFL player regardless of money offer, would you play for Philbin?

2014 might be another long and disappointing season.

It's obvious that we have an image problem and I think Philbin should be fired ASAP to fix this dolphins's image problem.. How are we going to fix the public perception when our coach has no idea what is going on in his own locker room? He is firing people just to keep his job and save his behind..They already got rid of some of the staff he brought with him to Miami.

He might also be bipolar.. He decided to cut Chad Ochocinco for beating his Girl but covered up Davone Bess' behavior problems before trading him which was worst than Ocho.

We had to make the playoffs and lost against Thad Lewis and the jets.. Our team was on vacation mode the last 2 games of the season. Philbin failed to motivate his troops and did not make any adjustments when we had no answer for Buffalo and the Jets.

My last question, if you were an NFL player regardless of money offer, would you play for Philbin?

1. Who would replace him?
2. Explain to me how a coach is supposed to know everything that happens in the locker room.
3. He's the one firing people? Interesting.
4. Do you have proof Chad Johnson was cut because of that incident? If so, explain why he hasn't played since.
5. What adjustments could they have made vs. Buffalo? Fly in a new offensive line at halftime?
6. Your 'last question' is tough to answer because we have no clue what it's like to be an NFL player.

win at the start of the season and it goes away overnight.

People Philbin is staying at least one more year. Deal with it.

Philbin needs to take his lumps if he is the leader of this team but not be fired, this happened under his watch and he must take responsibility.....he has made some questionable decisions as HC but when he was hired he should get 3 yrs to prove himself....

I don't think Philbin is giving me a lot of faith that he's the answer as Head Coach, but it would be absolutely the wrong thing to fire him. Actually, I think we should have been much tougher in our handling of the whole affair. We should have come out swinging, we should have politely pointed out inconsistencies in the way Miami is being portrayed versus other teams who have had much more serious blood on their hands, we should have emphasised all the great players we have, the closeknit environment, the fighting spirit. We should have presented a tough front while holding our hands up "because we're being made to".

By all means, behind the scenes we should be working to make sure we don't have a repeat situation.

Instead we rolled over and took it up the tailpipe. Firing Philbin would be the ultimate capitulation, even if he isnt exactly God as a head coach.

Philbin decided to cut Chad because he had already warned him about his behavior. Dropping the F-Bomb at his new conference and walking in on a coaches meeting was two of the problems Philbin had with Ochocinco and the incident with his fiancé was the last straw.

If we didn't wash our hands of him after the season, we were going to have to ride him out.

I'm willing to see what he does this year.

Although I'm not enthused.

I am not impressed with Philbin because he is Loyal to a fault with staff. He will defend and only admit mistakes if his hand is forced. His gameplan is also not impressive.

That said I believe the team will improve in 2014. I hope Philbin proves me wrong and is successful.

I am not impressed with Philbin because he is Loyal to a fault with staff. He will defend and only admit mistakes if his hand is forced. His gameplay is also not impressive.

That said I believe the team will improve in 2014. I hope Philbin proves me wrong and is successfully.

Don Shula had the same "problem" when Marino was his QB.

I don't think Philbin is giving me a lot of faith that he's the answer as Head Coach, but it would be absolutely the wrong thing to fire him. Actually, I think we should have been much tougher in our handling of the whole affair. We should have come out swinging, we should have politely pointed out inconsistencies in the way Miami is being portrayed versus other teams who have had much more serious blood on their hands, we should have emphasised all the great players we have, the closeknit environment, the fighting spirit. We should have presented a tough front while holding our hands up "because we're being made to".

By all means, behind the scenes we should be working to make sure we don't have a repeat situation.

Instead we rolled over and took it up the tailpipe. Firing Philbin would be the ultimate capitulation, even if he isnt exactly God as a head coach.

/thread

Back
Top Bottom