Keeping track of the last DB who is cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keeping track of the last DB who is cut

savoy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Even though he's not likely to see any playing time but remembering that both starting CB's have missed time recently and can do so again, If the Fins keep Fletcher and instead cut someone who then becomes a player somewhere else (Roundtree?), it would be easy to predict that this would almost certainly lead to Wannys downfall. Why would a person jeopardize himself like this? Is it that important to be 'right' about a draft pick and force your opinion upon the other members of the team? I read somewhere that only about half first round picks become actual players in the NFL anyway.

If we keep Roundtree, it won't be at the expense of Fletcher. The issue is whether we'll keep 5 CBs or not.

I am really pulling for Banks, but it looks like Roundtree is gonna get the 5th spot if we keep 5.

My bet is they keep Roundtree and try to get Banks on the practice squad. He's rather diminutive so he probably won't get many looks from other teams. A year on the p-squad would allow him to bulk up some thus giving him a better chance to compete in the physical, press coverage scheme next year. On the other hand, everyone in the league knows the Phins are stacked in the secondary so anyone released from the defensive backfield may garner a looksie.
By the way, how many spots are on the practice squad? I'm thinking five (six if one is a QB) but I'm not really sure.

there're only 5 spots on the PS and a QB counts just like anyone else.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom