Keith Armstrong should DEFINATELY get the boot.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keith Armstrong should DEFINATELY get the boot..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Special teams BLEW this year... and ever since he his been here.. Probably wannstadt's worst decision..

Last edited by a moderator:
No he shouldn't. He did a great job. Results prove it.

Wansted is soft hearted, he cant cut his staff....it would hurt their feelings.

Originally posted by Predaphin34

Exactly. No changes will be made in the coaching staff. It doesn't matter if that person's unit played poorly, everyone gets another chance. :(

Armstrong should be fired. So should Tony Wise, but I doubt they actually will be.

If a GM is in charge won't he have the say so on the assistants. Armstrong should be cut before Charlie Rogers. Results prove it right. Missed FG's by Mare, one of the lowest return averages in the league on punts and kickoffs. What results are you talking about Muck.

Yeah i hope you're bein sarcastic Muck. This season we had the most miscues on special teams that I can remember. We had aweful punting before Turk came along (mad props to Turk he did great). There was that miscue that miraculously turned into a first down run for Turk but lets face it that was dumb luck. We just had a safety on special teams today. Overall we've had tons of muffed punts and kicks, bad kickoff returns and for the most part bad punt returns. We've also allowed some good kickoff returns and punt returns for the first time since I can remember. Sure Mare is booting them into the endzone better than anyone else but he can't boot it through the uprights to save his life. Keith Armstrong is in charge of ALL of this. If he felt Mare needs another kicking coach when our own bungling failed to anticipate Doug Blevins' departure, then he should have insisted on it.

I agree with all said in this thread, even Muck's Joke post, bottom line Muck got it right, the results speak for themselves..no punt return for a TD, no ko for a td..Mare's problems..can't blame the bad snaps on him, we now know how valuable Ed is..I remember people though we should cut him for better talent at TE. I guess I have to say kick cover both punt and ko were good..but Mare helped with the KO's by kicking them into the endzone at lot...other than that, we need someone who has better schemes on the returns...we can keep our coverages they're pretty good.

The sad part is that special teams were supposed to be one of the biggest areas to be addressed in the offseason.

The only thing that improved were Olindo's kickoffs and punting.....AFTER Royals stunk it up for six(?) weeks.

Originally posted by Muck
The sad part is that special teams were supposed to be one of the biggest areas to be addressed in the offseason.

The only thing that improved were Olindo's kickoffs and punting.....AFTER Royals stunk it up for six(?) weeks.

Exactly. If Mare didn't have so many touchbacks, we probably would have allowed a touchdown to be returned all the way. We never allowed a return TD, but Lamont Brightful of the Ravens was very close and he returned it to our 20 yard line which set up a field goal.

The special teams definitely need to be fixed in the offseason.

The Receivers coach is another position that needs upgrade. Our receviers were shut down in alot of games and didn't get open. I'd also hire another QB coach after shulas departure

I dont know about Robert Ford though. I think its just a lack of skilled recievers and a good QB to get them the ball.

Originally posted by Predaphin34

LOL...Yeah..just ask Marino or Westhoff!

Get rid of Tony Wise and get the OL coach spoken about by CK in another thread. The old Lions coach. He made great lines for Barry without much talent.

Back
Top Bottom