Kelly: Dolphins have as much talent as any other AFC East team, so bar should be set higher for Flores in 2020 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kelly: Dolphins have as much talent as any other AFC East team, so bar should be set higher for Flores in 2020

Flores had had long enough. We either win the Super Bowl or we blow whole thing up and start over again!

One season where he won 5 of the last 9 games and beat the pats up there ?

Yea he's a bum. Time to move on

By the way we just blew the whole thing up and started over last year.

Not trying to be a prick just he has done nothing to say it's time to move on IMO

@Digital I usually agree with you but i think Flores is our future regardless of the wins total in 2020

It was pretty much a total rebuild and we have our QB and lots of picks next draft to continue rebuilding plus with all the uncertainty no way Flores job is on the line next season unless the team falls completely apart and only wins a game or 2 which i do not see happening
You could very well be right brother, and I hope you are. It's just that I believed something similar before.

Ross went the extra mile with Philbin and was burned, being proven right to let him go. Ross gave Gase the benefit of the doubt after some encouraging seasons including a 10-win season and the playoffs, but eventually parted ways with him when he couldn't reproduce it. Ross is not getting any younger. Knowing that we have one last huge treasure trove of draft picks for 2021 and that Ross will have NFL types whispering in his ear how that is a major carrot to attract a new GM/Head Coach ... if we regress in 2020, there will be a decision point to be made.

In some ways, Gase was hamstrung by his success in those two early seasons. He had nowhere to go but down. Things fell apart. He proved to be a more average coach who couldn't produce a consistent winner. If Coach Flo racks up two strait losing seasons, the temptation will be there. How Ross deals with it is unknown. Coach Flo can avoid all that with 8+ wins.

One season where he won 5 of the last 9 games and beat the pats up there ?

Yea he's a bum. Time to move on

By the way we just blew the whole thing up and started over last year.

Not trying to be a prick just he has done nothing to say it's time to move on IMO

I was hoping the OP was being sarcastic.

I disagree.

Miami has brought in talent, but nothing replaces being between the lines with your actual team.

Buffalo and since NE added Newton, are the 2 favorites in the East. Buffalo will rise and fall with their young QB, will he learn from that playoff lose or settle into mediocrity? Does that BUF defense also learn from that loss and move forward?

NE? Sorry, but when BB can squeeze double digit wins out of a Matt Cassel QB team....tough to over look them with a former MVP. No matter how flawed that QB is.
That New England team was coming off a 17-0 season. New England's talent level is nowhere near that now.

That New England team was coming off a 17-0 season. New England's talent level is nowhere near that now.

No where near I agree. Still enough to take the East, make the playoffs and was vying for their 4TH, YES 4TH straight SB appearance. Or 9th.....straight AFC Championship game.

No where near I agree. Still enough to take the East, make the playoffs and was vying for their 4TH, YES 4TH straight SB appearance. Or 9th.....straight AFC Championship game.
Sure, they can compete in the East, but unless Newton is as good as he was in his MVP season, I doubt they are much of a threat to get to the Super Bowl although the AFC isn't that strong.

Sure, they can compete in the East, but unless Newton is as good as he was in his MVP season, I doubt they are much of a threat to get to the Super Bowl although the AFC isn't that strong.

Alot of unknowns, I agree.

But the main man in charge, remains.

I disagree on the AFC being weak. HOU, KC, BALT are your favorites. NE, Pitts and BUF are in the wings. Cincy and Cleveland? Indy?

I think some don't know just how dysfunctional this team was for so long. Mike Tannenbaum and Adam Gase started to bring some semblance of order. If they didn't have the early success and if Ryan hadn't gotten injured, things might have worked out differently. Mike just didn't care much about drafting. I think Gase felt the team was close. They were more interested in the free agent market. As a result our scouts weren't scouting college players like they should have. Front office egos were a big problem.

Under Flores we are operating as a team. For the first time in a long time we are scouting college players years in advance. There is a reason why some teams are always relevant and some are always a joke.

It will take time. We were never bad enough to have high draft picks year after year. Those type of teams can make a fast turn around with a coaching change.

We might not see the wins we want as soon as we want. What I do think we will see is "the right approach". Look at the difference in player development. Look at how we identified weak areas and did something about it. I mean all of us have cried about the OL for years. BAM, we go out and get five new guys. Ditto on the DL and LB'ers. No, they aren't all going to pan out and becomes pro bowlers. Point is we identified problem areas and did something about them for a change.

Don't be surprised if we do more of the same next year instead of going all in on flashy skill players. Right now I'd say a great LB/DE/ maybe RT would help more than a top rated WR.

Don't be surprised if we do more of the same next year instead of going all in on flashy skill players. Right now I'd say a great LB/DE/ maybe RT would help more than a top rated WR.
This has been my thought process, I believe they are still going to strengthen trenches, LB/DE and not as much skill players with the higher picks.

This has been my thought process, I believe they are still going to strengthen trenches, LB/DE and not as much skill players with the higher picks.
I agree with the basic premise, but we have 4 picks in the first two rounds.

Neither of our top two backs are signed long term, and our recieving corps has potential but could end up pie in the sky.

How we handle the next draft will be hugely dependent on how the current guys perform.

I agree with the basic premise, but we have 4 picks in the first two rounds.

Neither of our top two backs are signed long term, and our recieving corps has potential but could end up pie in the sky.

How we handle the next draft will be hugely dependent on how the current guys perform.
Not saying they won’t pick a skill player, but I do think they will still bolster the positions I mentioned. I wouldn’t be surprised if they took a WR/RB too with 1-2 of the first 4 picks.

I think some don't know just how dysfunctional this team was for so long. Mike Tannenbaum and Adam Gase started to bring some semblance of order. If they didn't have the early success and if Ryan hadn't gotten injured, things might have worked out differently. Mike just didn't care much about drafting. I think Gase felt the team was close. They were more interested in the free agent market. As a result our scouts weren't scouting college players like they should have. Front office egos were a big problem.

Under Flores we are operating as a team. For the first time in a long time we are scouting college players years in advance. There is a reason why some teams are always relevant and some are always a joke.

It will take time. We were never bad enough to have high draft picks year after year. Those type of teams can make a fast turn around with a coaching change.

We might not see the wins we want as soon as we want. What I do think we will see is "the right approach". Look at the difference in player development. Look at how we identified weak areas and did something about it. I mean all of us have cried about the OL for years. BAM, we go out and get five new guys. Ditto on the DL and LB'ers. No, they aren't all going to pan out and becomes pro bowlers. Point is we identified problem areas and did something about them for a change.

"Some semblance of order".... it's not even 1pm yet and my adult beverages remain on ice. Adam Gase and Mike Tannenbaum have no business having authority over anything football related.

Back
Top Bottom