Kelly: Dolphins have as much talent as any other AFC East team, so bar should be set higher for Flores in 2020 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kelly: Dolphins have as much talent as any other AFC East team, so bar should be set higher for Flores in 2020

I just disagree when it comes to a BB coached offense. They pared down that offense despite the massive amount of talent they had at the time, to help Cassel.

Raised expectations vs unreal expectations equal disappointment no matter how you slice it. They should be better but I do not neccesarily think it equals 10 wins.

I have no idea why anyone thinks Cam Newton is going to run Tom Brady’s offense. None!!!! NE has shown they are one of the smartest teams in the NFL, that offense will be modified to fit Cam Newtons skill set. I think they will go power running, with Cam being a piece in that, and a play action game. With their defense, which took some hits in the offseason, that will be a good strategy. I say it all the time, it was the biggest reason I thought the 19 fins would win 5 or 6 games, many, many, many NFL teams will beat themselves and nobody takes advantage of that better than NE.

I can’t take Buffalo seriously until they beat NE. Are things looking like they could take them out? Sure, but there is no bigger father to son relationship in the NFL then NE to Buffalo. Buffalo just can’t beat the Patriots, the last QB they had that beat the Patriots, not playing with their 3rd string QB, is on our roster and he had another stop before coming here. NE oooooowwwwwwnnnnnnsssss Buffalo more than they do us or even the Jets. I need to see Josh Allen go into Foxboro and win before I believe in the Bills. In my eyes we are going to go by them eventually.

Anyone think Josh Allen is going to surgically pick apart Byron Jones and Xavien Howard??? Lol!!

I disagree with the bit on Matt Cassell. He was a injury replacement, that is way different than no TB12. I can see a team staying focused and rallying when TB gets hurt, but not having him at all will be demoralizing to the Pats team. I predict major setbacks this year, Cam is not a team-first player, he's not at all what BB wanted

The biggest key to the Matt Cassel year was the Patriots were an all star team that won every damn game the year before. That’s really it. They beat like 2 winning teams (us and Arizona at Foxboro in the snow in a meaningless game for the cards). In addition, the following year Cassel has 27 TD’s and 7 INT’a when he led the chiefs to the playoffs. Maybe he had a bit of a run, but people are giving too much credit for that Pats team. One more factor, in 08 the division outside of us and NE was hot garbage.

Miami has added the most talent but they have not reached Buffalo and NE roster wise just yet.

Not to mention that none of these guys have played together or played in the NFL at all.

Tap the brakes there people............

someone needs to remind me of all this “talent” New England has. We’re talking about a team that could hardly move the ball at home in the 2 most important games of the season with the best QB of all time. Not to mention the defensive starters they lost.

Last edited:
Sure, they can compete in the East, but unless Newton is as good as he was in his MVP season, I doubt they are much of a threat to get to the Super Bowl although the AFC isn't that strong.
The AFC is not that strong? KC, Balt and Tenn would disagree.

I find the flaw in most of these arguments based on folks’ definition of “reality” to be they assume everyone has their decision making, and it tends to lean more cynical

I have no idea why anyone thinks Cam Newton is going to run Tom Brady’s offense. None!!!! NE has shown they are one of the smartest teams in the NFL, that offense will be modified to fit Cam Newtons skill set. I think they will go power running, with Cam being a piece in that, and a play action game. With their defense, which took some hits in the offseason, that will be a good strategy. I say it all the time, it was the biggest reason I thought the 19 fins would win 5 or 6 games, many, many, many NFL teams will beat themselves and nobody takes advantage of that better than NE.

I can’t take Buffalo seriously until they beat NE. Are things looking like they could take them out? Sure, but there is no bigger father to son relationship in the NFL then NE to Buffalo. Buffalo just can’t beat the Patriots, the last QB they had that beat the Patriots, not playing with their 3rd string QB, is on our roster and he had another stop before coming here. NE oooooowwwwwwnnnnnnsssss Buffalo more than they do us or even the Jets. I need to see Josh Allen go into Foxboro and win before I believe in the Bills. In my eyes we are going to go by them eventually.

Anyone think Josh Allen is going to surgically pick apart Byron Jones and Xavien Howard??? Lol!!

I may be a minority of one, but, IMO, TB was the GOAT - not of all time - but of cerebral QBs. Not saying he didn't have physical talent, but his game was cerebral. People seem to skip over Cassell had 2-3 years to learn the O before taking over for TB. That matter. All that to say, I don't think Cam is a top cerebral QB and he isn't the same physically as he was 3-4 years ago AND he won't have the luxury of learning the O slowly. Yes, they can dumb it down for him, but the O thrives on versatility, surprise, the QBs mental quickness/analysis. Again, Cam doesn't scare me the way he did in '15

I may be a minority of one, but, IMO, TB was the GOAT - not of all time - but of cerebral QBs. Not saying he didn't have physical talent, but his game was cerebral. People seem to skip over Cassell had 2-3 years to learn the O before taking over for TB. That matter. All that to say, I don't think Cam is a top cerebral QB and he isn't the same physically as he was 3-4 years ago AND he won't have the luxury of learning the O slowly. Yes, they can dumb it down for him, but the O thrives on versatility, surprise, the QBs mental quickness/analysis. Again, Cam doesn't scare me the way he did in '15

I agree with that. I just don’t think they will dumb it down as much as they’re going to change it, well the philosophy anyway. I just think it will revolve around ball control and play action. They will lean on their defense And play keep away. I’m not at all expecting Newton to lead a dynamic pass offense. That would surprise me.

Pick apart? No, but the addition of Diggs, will help.

I've pretty much made the same case with Newton and BB. It's like people have never seen a BB team, adjust and bring multiple styles of offensive play over the years.

I find the flaw in most of these arguments based on folks’ definition of “reality” to be they assume everyone has their decision making, and it tends to lean more cynical

UNNbWiC.gif

Pick apart? No, but the addition of Diggs, will help.

I've pretty much made the same case with Newton and BB. It's like people have never seen a BB team, adjust and bring multiple styles of offensive play over the years.

Diggs will help but how is his attitude going to hold up is Allen can’t consistently get him the football?

Remember Josh mcdaniels lobbied for Tebow because of the run pass option, it’s in his repertoire

I think the biggest problem here is the clickbait article title when the rest of the article literally just says "Miami is expected and rightfully so, should improve all around in 2020 from 2019."

I agree with the overall articles *actual* subject even if the title is completely off base and the content really didn't address anything to do with talent levels or anything of that nature AT ALL.

Back
Top Bottom