Kelly: Dolphins have as much talent as any other AFC East team, so bar should be set higher for Flores in 2020 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kelly: Dolphins have as much talent as any other AFC East team, so bar should be set higher for Flores in 2020

I hate Omar Kelly's thought style. Let's ramp up the expectation on Flores. Ridiculous. Why don't we ramp up the expectation on Omar? He's been a reporter for how many years yet still writes drivel like this? Die in a fire Omar.

He's not a reporter. He's a controversy generating opinion maker. Big difference between someone like Omar Kelly and a real unbiased reporter.
I dont see difference bottom line we need start winning. Than everybody would be happy.

The Dolphins have the most talented roster in the division......and it’s not even close actually.

Unproven talent, sure, but at least my teams future doesn’t hinge on Stefan Diggs. If he had a problem with the accurate but average Kirk cousins, the erratic Josh Allen certainly isn’t going to make him happy. I don’t buy it. I believe that team has actually peaked and will just tread water in the division until No.1 is starting.

Tredavious White is pretty elite, but we have two of those guys already.

There isn’t a TE in the division I’d consider swapping for ours.

There isn’t a QB in the division who is on Tua’s level.

There isn’t a WRing Corp as dangerous as ours. Certainly the most feared WR in the division is Devante Parker.....even by the DPOY.

The Bills, Jets and Pats corners combined are at best on par with ours.

Buffalos got a good OL, ours could be better in the future.

We may be last in terms of RB talent but who really cares? Jason Sanders matters more than Le’Veon Bell at this point in their careers.

I’m a homer til my last breathe. Experience we lack, sure, consider swapping rosters with a divisional foe, LMAO not a chance.

Couple all that with the fact that 2020 is going to be a disaster things are shaping up for us beautifully in 2021.

Last edited:
I’d be fine with Miami finishing at .500 or just below. Having four picks in the top 2 rounds sets them up to draft BPA and I would really expect 2021 to be the year they begin contending for real.

On defense we do not sure about offense side of ball.

Our defense should be much better but can offense keep up w other team is my concern. I think we are 2 yr away from making playoff. That if everything goes right.

Our defense should be much better but can offense keep up w other team is my concern. I think we are 2 yr away from making playoff. That if everything goes right.

I’m failing to see the other teams in our division as scoring machines. if we struggle to score the other 3 teams will as well.

I don’t know when it happens, maybe not next year, but there is no doubt in my mind we overtake the Josh Allen led Bills sooner rather than later. I have no faith in Gase and although NE looks better with Cam than Stidam I still don’t see weapons. The AFC East is far from a forgone conclusion in 2020 and it has nothing to do with Omar Kelly’s stupid opinions.

I’m failing to see the other teams in our division as scoring machines. if we struggle to score the other 3 teams will as well.

I don’t know when it happens, maybe not next year, but there is no doubt in my mind we overtake the Josh Allen led Bills sooner rather than later. I have no faith in Gase and although NE looks better with Cam than Stidam I still don’t see weapons. The AFC East is far from a forgone conclusion in 2020 and it has nothing to do with Omar Kelly’s stupid opinions.
I got see dolphins play first before I can say what they going do this yr..
1.I think N.E will win division..this will probably be last yr. They won division
2. Buffalo maybe second best team In afc east..they got better roster than other 2...
3.jets and dolphins..They both will be better. How better is question..

I think it's obvious we will have a much better team this year. That might not equate to more wins though unfortunately. With the tough schedule, a bunch of new players, a shortened offseason etc. there are going to be some growing pains. It sucks, losing sucks, but could you imagine having a talented roster and another top 10 pick next year? 2021 really does seem to be the year for us to get rolling with no excuses. With all of that being said however it wouldnt surprise me if we pushed for a playoff spot this year either...

I agree.

We have done a lot to make this team better than last years team on both sides of the ball. How well we get the newest players to gel into functional players leaves a grey area where we might greatly exceed expectations and push for a playoff spot or fail to develop as much as we hope for and play mediocre football. Based on Flores performance with last years players I anticipate the new players will perform well.

As far as playing through a disrupted season, this is the same problem for all NFL teams. It seems to me that teams with established offenses and defenses will play better than developing teams; but isn't this always the way it is?

With how management has set us up during last years draft and the upcoming draft, I believe the team will be playing better football each year. Where we end up at the end of the season is anybody's guess.

Miami still has holes at key spots that equal to winning football, I see 5-7 wins and tbh with the schedule that's an impressive year.

Back
Top Bottom