~Kendall Newson~ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

~Kendall Newson~

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
What's the scoop on this WR? I haven't heard alot about him yet...Does he play for NFL Europe? I've heard his name mentioned a few times...Is he good enough to make the roster?

Sorry if I seem out of touch on this subject...

In NFL Europe he is a top WR and KR. He was a 7th-round selection by Jacksonville in 2002. His bio is on MiamiDolphins.Com I believe..

Originally posted by Boone
What's the scoop on this WR? I haven't heard alot about him yet...Does he play for NFL Europe? I've heard his name mentioned a few times...Is he good enough to make the roster?

Sorry if I seem out of touch on this subject...

The scoop is hes great, but you said it, in NFLEurope.....Is he good enough to make the roster, well I dont know since i havent seen him play against top notch defensive players, but if he did id be seriously concerned about our WR position....chances are he'll be tired and worn out by the time our Season starts to...so i dont think he will make the roster.

Looks good WCOASTFIN! Newson looks really good on KR and at WR! One thing I like is he goes all out on every play that's something we could really use! Also I think R Baker looks good to!!

I've seen Robert Baker play...he's shown some skills & I like him!

Well we are already 4 deep..

Chambers, Thompson, McKnight, and Rogers seem like locks to me. So there is only room for 1-2 more WR's. Right now, the edge goes to Tolver, who would probably be the #4 in front of Rogers. And I'd think Simmons would have an edge over the others too, considering he was a 5th-rounder last year.

And if we sign Crowell(and he stays healthy), Ismail, or someone else.. FORGET Baker and Newson..

We'll see..

I'll say no matter how this WR thing goes I feel alot better about the way we stack up 1 thru 5 than the last few years!!

This is something that is so hard to gage. I mean look at the preseason last year. The 2 players that I thought were the most impressive on our offense in preseason were Lucas and Baker. Baker got cut, and then resigned when A Johnson went down, and spent the rest of the season in the sidelines. Of course we all know how well Lucas turned out last season.

I am really not concerned with our WR corp next season. The combo of McKnight and Thompson should be fine for a #2 and #3 WR depending who wins out. The main thing is Chambers elevating his game to a #1 postion, and Randy playing 16 consistent games. Ricky will run wild, but the deciding factor of how affective our passing game is can we dink and dunk enough to Williams and Konrad to open up deep balls for CC, McMichael, and McKnight. The other thing is Jay has to stay healthy even more RIcky has to in every game.

Originally posted by Boone
I've seen Robert Baker play...he's shown some skills & I like him!

robert baker. whats he been around for like 5 years just trying to make the team? IMO, its time for robert baker to go.

Re: Well we are already 4 deep..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Chambers, Thompson, McKnight, and Rogers seem like locks to me. So there is only room for 1-2 more WR's. Right now, the edge goes to Tolver, who would probably be the #4 in front of Rogers. And I'd think Simmons would have an edge over the others too, considering he was a 5th-rounder last year.

And if we sign Crowell(and he stays healthy), Ismail, or someone else.. FORGET Baker and Newson..

We'll see..

if newson can do what rogers can do, they will take newson. cheaper and younger.

Back
Top Bottom