Kennedy Says We Take Rolle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kennedy Says We Take Rolle

'Deep

Club Member
Reaction score
Just watched Lincoln Kennedy on Total Access say the Dolphins should take Antrel Rolle with the second pick. Thinking is that we`re showing zero confidence in AJ, and that we`re pretty much admitting we wasted a 2nd round pick when we traded for him if we draft a QB. Also said there`s not a RB available that warrants going in the top 5. He said we might surprise and take an O lineman with the pick too....if we don`t trade down of course. Take it with a grain of salt people.

What does he know? That's way too high for Rolle. Kennedy gets paid to have opinions, and probably has no idea what would make sense for our team right now. He probably knows less than 80% of the people on this forum.
But thanks for the post.I actually saw that too this morning. Saban sure talks a lot with his hands, doesn't he?

Goin` Deep said:
LOL, yeah I noticed that too. I don`t agree with Kennedy either, be alot of pissed off fans on here if Rolle or an O lineman go #2.

This is par for the course on the NFL Network, a collection of truly deep thinkers.

Antrel Rolle??? Ok, great. Way to think outside the box, Lincoln.

Lincoln Kennedy!
If the fins get a cornerback in this draft, I feel it would be a wasted pick, when you have braylon edwards sitting there to help your offense.

Bopkin02 said:
Saban sure talks a lot with his hands, doesn't he?
Reminds me of the Chris Farley SNL skit, Matt Foley :lol:

the 3 RB's are all worth a top 5 pick, he doesn't know what he's taking about. here are my top five: Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Branylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, and Cadillac Williams in that order as long as nobody trades down

nick19991 said:
the 3 RB's are all worth a top 5 pick, he doesn't know what he's taking about. here are my top five: Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Branylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, and Cadillac Williams in that order as long as nobody trades down

Those are your top five....but they may not be Saban's top five.

Goin` Deep said:
Just watched Lincoln Kennedy on Total Access say the Dolphins should take Antrel Rolle with the second pick. Thinking is that we`re showing zero confidence in AJ, and that we`re pretty much admitting we wasted a 2nd round pick when we traded for him if we draft a QB. Also said there`s not a RB available that warrants going in the top 5. He said we might surprise and take an O lineman with the pick too....if we don`t trade down of course. Take it with a grain of salt people.

He may not be that far off as you think. Look at the pay scale for nfl players. Corner is the top then qb etc... top of the draft maybe you pick a player that is at the top of the pay scale...hmm interesting. :cooldude:

Goin` Deep said:
That is not what he said. Here is what he set in STANDPOINTS :D

-I think Miami may consider a guy like Antrell Rolle to help that revamped defense.
-Neither of the top QBs look like they are franchise guys, plus if you go with one of them you are showing that you don't have much faith in Feeley, who you gave a #2 to get.
-None of the top backs are top 5 players (yeah, OK Lincoln, I just dismissed your draft savy after that :rolleyes: )
-Lincoln doesn't think either QB or RB helps this team at all next year (nevermind the fact RB is one of the easiest places to make an impact as a rookie :rolleyes: )
-Picking a guy like Rolle will get you a solid defensive player for the overhaul, that is local and something that can help your franchise sell tickets (sorry, we don't need him to help sell tickets either, Lincoln)
-Eisen asks about Edwards and Williams. Lincoln said both great picks too but not sure if they would make an initial impact
-"Ya never know, offensive line is a possibility as well. Ya just don't know at that pick really, Miami needs A LOT of help on the offensive side"
-caveat: all this implies Surtain gets traded to KC for a 2nd

As you can tell by my comments in parentheses....I think Lincoln's "expert analysis" was friggin idiotic! It may be the dumbest player choice I have ever heard at #2 for this draft. I'd rather take Derrick Johnson because we KNOW we at least need a LB.

Back
Top Bottom