Kenny Stills Going To Be Traded? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills Going To Be Traded?

Second, it could be March 13th and all the moves can get done. 5 days, 2 days, all it takes is 5 seconds to do any moves in regards to this roster.

That is an absurd statement.

There are only so many minutes in a day, and so many staff, and so many man hours.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Akeem Spence doesn't belong on any NFL roster, and it is even more clear that he doesn't fit in the defense that the Dolphins are going to be running.

Several of these moves should have been done by at least last week.

Grier is incompetent. He has been incompetent and there is no reason to believe he will all of a sudden become a genius.

If he does, I will eat my hat.

Five days.......you consider that a long time? Must be nice to live in that kind of delusion, if you can afford it.

The negotiating period begins in THREE days. We are on the cusp of free agency and the Dolphins have no cap space.

Unless he makes a wave of decisions quickly, they will be unprepared for free agency. That is Gross negligence.
Exactly what pressing maneuvers need to be executed in the next 5 (10, 15, 20) days? Also, see Kdawg's reply.

This forum wants to trade the players with no value for huge compensation, but when someone broaches the idea of trading a player with actual trade value you get boos and hisses.

It’s a fair idea if OShera doesn’t think he’s a fit with our new O. Does he value precision over speed? That would lend itself to consider trading Stills.

I love the player but if there are real offers coming through you should consider them.

Yes, but they are going to most likely fill it with low end FA type players at lower costs. Im just not so sure we need a bunch of cap space for this year, anyways

Your are not looking at the big picture. If this team is looking to win in 2020 and beyond they will need to acquire good young players in free agency this year.

Do a little a research and you will see that if the Dolphins make the moves that are expected, there will be very,very little on the books after this year.

The Dolphins are in prime position to sign an elite player or two or three if that player fits the new systems. I'm talking five or six year deals with a low cap hit in the first year.

Maybe that is Flowers. Maybe it is our own Ja'Wuan James who is far from elite, but he IS going to get elite money.

IMO, it is a real off year for free agency, next year could be very good especially for pass rushers, but if there are deals that can be made this year they have to be aggressive.

If they want a player like Flowers they can make it happen or a another young piece, maybe they are just still trying to hold out hope for a trade here on some players like most teams do- but then ultimately cut the player.

Time is quickly approaching- I will wait till after to judge how it turns out in the end. I think alot of teams are (will) be making moves today and through the weekend etc

Kenny Stills was ranked the 70th best WR by PFF.

As far as run blocking goes, he would probably have been better if he had just taken a knee. He is good at that.

There were only a handful of guys who were worse and they were either rookies or were guys who were injured most of the year. Cobb and Crowder.

As far as healthy veterans goes, Stills is the worst run blocking WR in the league. He just doesn't give a ratsazz.

If they can unload this part time lazy player for anything it would be a coup de gras.

Kenny Stills was ranked the 70th best WR by PFF.

As far as run blocking goes, he would probably have been better if he had just taken a knee. He is good at that.

There were only a handful of guys who were worse and they were either rookies or were guys who were injured most of the year. Cobb and Crowder.

As far as healthy veterans goes, Stills is the worst run blocking WR in the league. He just doesn't give a ratsazz.

If they can unload this part time lazy player for anything it would be a coup de gras.

Totally Agree with you about the run blocking, won’t go over the middle of the field either and has a small catch radius.

He does one thing well, thats about it, thats why Brees didn’t care when he left NO nor do I care if he is moved from here when they are rebuilding

what makes you think Miami is going to be a major player in FA?

1st grade math.

If the Dolphins release or trade their under-performing veterans, and the guys who just don't fit any more, that they now have on the roster for way too much money then they will have to make some moves in free agency because the draft will be inadequate to fill in a NFL roster.

Release underperforming veterans . . .for who in FA if u don’t mind me asking?

Why is Akeem Spence still on the roster?? Because what DT in FA are you going to bring in FA that is going to cost you under $3 million? Not to mention there are no guarantees on this contract so after June 1st is a real possibility depending on the draft.

Why is Daniel Kilgore still on the roster? Tho injured last year, he has starting experience and makes less than $2.5 million this year. Its not like we have major depth on the interior and we got rid of the big waste of space in Larsen already. Miami has until April 1st here until the guarantee kicks in so there is time to shop and make decisions.

Why is Kiko still on the roster? Because our LB group is awful and Kiko is at least a tackling machine, although he has lost a major step in coverage since his injury. Cap hit $3.5 million and free space of $4.7 million . . . .highly doubt u find better on the market but again this could be a June 1 decision if they upgrade in the draft.

Why hasn't Brendel been tendered? Miami still has to tender Brendal, Hull and Carroo. They like to this as a press release so expect news really soon

I could go on and on . . . .please do and make sure to post who u want in free agency with realistic cap numbers that will replace the dead weight on the roster.

Why is Akeem Spence still on the roster?? Because what DT in FA are you going to bring in FA that is going to cost you under $3 million? Not to mention there are no guarantees on this contract so after June 1st is a real possibility depending on the draft.

Why is Daniel Kilgore still on the roster? Tho injured last year, he has starting experience and makes less than $2.5 million this year. Its not like we have major depth on the interior and we got rid of the big waste of space in Larsen already. Miami has until April 1st here until the guarantee kicks in so there is time to shop and make decisions.

Why is Kiko still on the roster? Because our LB group is awful and Kiko is at least a tackling machine, although he has lost a major step in coverage since his injury. Cap hit $3.5 million and free space of $4.7 million . . . .highly doubt u find better on the market but again this could be a June 1 decision if they upgrade in the draft.

Why hasn't Brendel been tendered? Miami still has to tender Brendal, Hull and Carroo. They like to this as a press release so expect news really soon

I could go on and on . . . .please do and make sure to post who u want in free agency with realistic cap numbers that will replace the dead weight on the roster.

Agreed on much of this. It makes zero sense to release Kilgore. It's not like he was hot garbage before he got hurt. I am of the opinion that if Kiko is released, it won't be as much because of salary as it is for his penchant to make dumb mistakes.

Really,seriously, you are advocating for Akeem Spence?? When you have a player on your roster who obviously doesn't even belong in NFL football, you have to move on. Not even Grier is too stupid to not replace him on the 53.

Travis Swanson played well for us at the league minimum. Granted, Brendel may be the guy, and the future at center, but Swanson looked like quality depth last year for us.

Travis Swanson was ranked 20th by PFF last year. He is younger and cheaper than Kilgore and he can play guard as well. He is obviously a better choice for veteran depth going forward.

Kiko Alonso is not a tackling machine. That is delusional.

Kiko was ranked 82nd in the league last year by PFF. Just 10 other guys with qualifying snaps that were worse.

Among veteran starters who played more than 650 snaps, only the chiefs Anthony Hitchens was worse.

Kiko is rock bottom BAAAAd!! He has no business getting starter money on any roster.

Hull and Caroo are not in the same class as Brendel. They will never be starters and are very lucky if they make a 53 anywhere next year.

Brendel looked awful good at times last year at both center and guard. Brendel has off the charts elite athleticism as well, it has always been a strength battle for him.

If Brendel can stay healthy and get stronger, he could be a top ten guy for us going forward.

As far as my free agent wish list......that is in process and will be posted soon.

Trading Stills is the smart move, that's why I doubt the deal actually comes down. I have 0 confidence in this FO until they prove themselves.

Why is Akeem Spence still on the roster??

Why is Daniel Kilgore still on the roster?

Why is Kiko still on the roster?

Why hasn't Brendel been tendered?

I could go on and on.

I get the distinct impression that Grier is overwhelmed,confused, and shaking in his boots. If he doesn't step up and grow a pair and start making decisions and getting things done, things may get worse than even I originally thought; and my initial thoughts concerning Grier as GM were as beyond abysmal.

Stephen Ross is an agent of doom.
I seriously think I might be crazy, I thought Kiko was the best linebacker on our team by far! Constantly forcing turnovers/fumbles. I thought he played well.

Agreed on much of this. It makes zero sense to release Kilgore. It's not like he was hot garbage before he got hurt. I am of the opinion that if Kiko is released, it won't be as much because of salary as it is for his penchant to make dumb mistakes.
Yes, he was hot garbage with a grade in the low 50's.

We over paid for him. He is old veteran depth in this league that should be signed for league minimum by a desperate team

Just cut or trade everyone besides Tunsil, Wilson, Grant, Baker, Fitz, X, and Ballage. Start from scratch.

Yes, he was hot garbage with a grade in the low 50's.

We over paid for him. He is old veteran depth in this league that should be signed for league minimum by a desperate team

Simply gonna disagree with you, then. Kilgore was pretty decent once he settled in with SF in 2017.

Back
Top Bottom