Kenny Stills Going To Be Traded? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills Going To Be Traded?

Really,seriously, you are advocating for Akeem Spence?? When you have a player on your roster who obviously doesn't even belong in NFL football, you have to move on. Not even Grier is too stupid to not replace him on the 53.

Travis Swanson played well for us at the league minimum. Granted, Brendel may be the guy, and the future at center, but Swanson looked like quality depth last year for us.

Travis Swanson was ranked 20th by PFF last year. He is younger and cheaper than Kilgore and he can play guard as well. He is obviously a better choice for veteran depth going forward.

Kiko Alonso is not a tackling machine. That is delusional.

Kiko was ranked 82nd in the league last year by PFF. Just 10 other guys with qualifying snaps that were worse.

Among veteran starters who played more than 650 snaps, only the chiefs Anthony Hitchens was worse.

Kiko is rock bottom BAAAAd!! He has no business getting starter money on any roster.

Hull and Caroo are not in the same class as Brendel. They will never be starters and are very lucky if they make a 53 anywhere next year.

Brendel looked awful good at times last year at both center and guard. Brendel has off the charts elite athleticism as well, it has always been a strength battle for him.

If Brendel can stay healthy and get stronger, he could be a top ten guy for us going forward.

As far as my free agent wish list......that is in process and will be posted soon.

Ahh I forgot you like to use PFF as your end all be all source.

Kiko was put in coverage much more than he should of been for 2 straight years in Burke’s defens and got exposed.

However he was tied for 7th in tackles, had 3 INTs and 3 Forced Fumbles, which placed him tied for 2nd and 7th respectively. To call him rock bottom bad is typical PFF trash spew.

And good luck if you think you are finding capable starters in FA at the salaries Carroo and Hull are making. This is about depth and every team needs that. Both would be solid tenders.

Swanson is a UFA . . .and if teams value PFF as much as you do, the league minimum argument won’t happen. Its not a forgone conclusion you get him that cheap or that he wants back in Miami.

Brendal you may need to tender at the 2nd round level or extend, but again there is a reason why the Exclusive Rights free agents get done early and the RFAs take longer. Carroo and Hull are easy OG tenders.

I never doubted you blessing us with you fairyta . . .I mean free agent wish list and draft picks. The over/under on the amount of picks we have is set to 15 on your list. Im betting the over.

I seriously think I might be crazy, I thought Kiko was the best linebacker on our team by far! Constantly forcing turnovers/fumbles. I thought he played well.

Baker was our best at 31. He had good solid grades in all categories. Future looks brilliant for this youngster. That kind of a complete and consistent performance at his age is rare.

One of the few things I will concede to Grier, if it was indeed his doing to draft the kid.

Ahh I forgot you like to use PFF as your end all be all source.

Kiko was put in coverage much more than he should of been for 2 straight years in Burke’s defens and got exposed.

However he was tied for 7th in tackles, had 3 INTs and 3 Forced Fumbles, which placed him tied for 2nd and 7th respectively. To call him rock bottom bad is typical PFF trash spew.

And good luck if you think you are finding capable starters in FA at the salaries Carroo and Hull are making. This is about depth and every team needs that. Both would be solid tenders.

Swanson is a UFA . . .and if teams value PFF as much as you do, the league minimum argument won’t happen. Its not a forgone conclusion you get him that cheap or that he wants back in Miami.

Brendal you may need to tender at the 2nd round level or extend, but again there is a reason why the Exclusive Rights free agents get done early and the RFAs take longer. Carroo and Hull are easy OG tenders.

I never doubted you blessing us with you fairyta . . .I mean free agent wish list and draft picks. The over/under on the amount of picks we have is set to 15 on your list. Im betting the over.

This post is mostly nonsensical.

Statements like this,"

And good luck if you think you are finding capable starters in FA at the salaries Carroo and Hull are making."

Carroo only made it off the practice squad because of injuries and Hull is a special teams only guy. Why would I need to find free agent starters to replace them. I could replace them both with URFA's.

Last edited:
Baker was our best at 31. He had good solid grades in all categories. Future looks brilliant for this youngster. That kind of a complete and consistent performance at his age is rare.

One of the few things I will concede to Grier, if it was indeed his doing to draft the kid.
Interesting take on Baker. I thought he looked weak at the point of attack and lost in coverage which is why teams where hitting the tight end over the top of our coverage. Oh well, could be coaching too.

I don't think the team is actively looking to trade Kenny myself. If the phone rings with an offer they can't refuse then of course you have to give it some thought.

As far as the PFF thing.......the proof is in the pudding, and the pudding is almost always money.

College and professional teams,pretty much all sports writers, and a lot of fans are paying a whole lot of money for PFF products.

The days of dissing PFF are long past. They fully made it in the financial world and are now fully staffed and funded to provide the best analysis available.

Anybody who thinks their arm chair judgements are better than their in depth analysis has a little too high opinion of themselves.

Interesting take on Baker. I thought he looked weak at the point of attack and lost in coverage which is why teams where hitting the tight end over the top of our coverage. Oh well, could be coaching too.

Those were probably Kiko's assignments that he blew when it looked like Baker was in coverage.

Baker had three sacks last year and I expect that total to double this coming year. He is a good blitzer. Dolphins have some young talent.

If they would have just drafted Vita Vea last year they would be in a much better position right now.

In the end PFF is just another opinion.

Its a good tool to utilize in addition to a myriad of factors. But when you use it as a base of your argument, and only that, it is a poor way of ultimately coming to a conclusion.

Its typical new age stat stuff that now qualify folks who can’t watch all the games into being an expert.

Its why the draft forum on this site is so excellent. Many of the great posters over there utilize plenty of stats and analytics in their conclusion of players . . . .but these same guys will always back that up with tape and other factors. It is never one sided towards analytics but the analytics can push them from really liking a guy to loving a guy.

Really,seriously, you are advocating for Akeem Spence?? When you have a player on your roster who obviously doesn't even belong in NFL football, you have to move on. Not even Grier is too stupid to not replace him on the 53.

As far as my free agent wish list......that is in process and will be posted soon.

Can’t wait for the free agent list after all these hot takes lol.

Spence doesn’t belong in the nfl? Pretty sure depth at DT is a position teams try to keep... Jesus he makes 3 million. It’s not a big deal to keep him around (it also wouldn’t be a big deal to me- to cut him- but you never have high opinions of any of our players) similarly, stills is definitely not the 70th best wr.

Back
Top Bottom