Kenny Stills INVISIBLE During Training Camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills INVISIBLE During Training Camp

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I really like what Kenny Stills did with the Saints but this is probably not a good idea to keep him around. I'm hearing positive feedbacks on Carroo, Landry, Grant, Parker and nothing on Stills except some drops.

This is "deja vu" from the 2015 season.

Maybe that chemistry with Tannehill will never happen or maybe Tannehill is not a good fit for his skillset.

I'm wondering where he is listed on the depth chart these days.

1st day in pads man. Offense hasnt been opening up much downfield yet, per the coaches. He did have some catches, but Maxwell has been covering him well and punched the ball out a couple times.

Why does it have to be about Tannehill? Everything I read is that Maxwell is in his hip pocket and not letting him open much.

Combined with the Dline dominating the OL... how do you expect plays to develop to use Kenny's speed?

He's a good WR, but no more than a #2/3. Our best CB has been on him most of the time.

Raises a question though, why isnt Max on DVP more than he is? I'd like DVP to get those reps againts our best CB.

I have heard reports of him being open all over the field.

Maxwell has done well on him at times also, maybe not stride for stride, but closing and knocking the ball out.

I have heard reports of him being open all over the field. Maxwell has done well on him at times also, maybe not stride for stride, but closing and knocking the ball out.
Yep, read the same things as well. Whenever it wasn't Maxwell covering him, Stills was always open.

Actually they were very complimentary about him while covering Dolphins camp yesterday. They were saying he was very good in OTA's and it's carried over. not sure where folks are gathering their opinions hopefully not from beat writer camp notes.

Stills won't be on the team past this season, so I'm not worried about him. I prefer Carroo see more snaps anyway, because a trio of Jarvis, Parker and Carroo who all reached their full potential has me salivating.

He's def not. Not his personality. Lower your expectations. DVP and Jarvis will get 70% of the passes. Stills/RB's/TE's will get the rest.

I would be willing to bet closer to 60% but I do agree DVP/Jarvis will get majority. I just think Gase will want a bit more balance.

i've also heard our o line gettig dominated, tunsil dominating mccain and others, tannehill sucking, tannehill making nice throws, great 1 handed catches from caroo, drops from caroo...i mean honestly these guys are writing an article up when gase farts

still very early and frankly stills is someone who gase has been raving about and i've read has been open a lot...

really you have 10 different beat writers reporting completely different things/perspective, even on the same exact play at times.... so lets just wait until we see it all for ourselves lol

really you have 10 different beat writers reporting completely different things/perspective, even on the same exact play at times.... so lets just wait until we see it all for ourselves lol

Not to mention, many of them have pre conceived notions about players and it can be challenging to find unbiased journalism about what is actually going on.

Stills, Carro, Landry and Parker are the least of my concerns. As long as those four stay healthy the receiving corp will be fine. I am interested to see if Miami keeps five or six receivers? Is Grant a near lock as a bottom depth guy and special teams weapon? How is Hazel looking? And is there some players on other rosters that might be released that Miami might at as the fifth receiver and bump Grant to the sixth spot? For example if Carolina releases Keyarris Garrett (6'3 215 with decent speed) I wouldn't mind adding him as a player on the roster to develop.

Back
Top Bottom