Kenny Stills INVISIBLE During Training Camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills INVISIBLE During Training Camp

Stills, Carro, Landry and Parker are the least of my concerns. As long as those four stay healthy the receiving corp will be fine. I am interested to see if Miami keeps five or six receivers? Is Grant a near lock as a bottom depth guy and special teams weapon? How is Hazel looking? And is there some players on other rosters that might be released that Miami might at as the fifth receiver and bump Grant to the sixth spot? For example if Carolina releases Keyarris Garrett (6'3 215 with decent speed) I wouldn't mind adding him as a player on the roster to develop.

I am thinking 5 WRs right now, with Grant as that 5th guy over Whalen and Hazel. Maybe keeping a guy like Rashan Scott on the PS.

Really the number 5 guy will be whoever performs the best on returns. We are all assuming Grant, but he is not Darren Sproles. Sproles was small but Sproles was thick, Grant is tiny . . . Just really worry about him at this level . . . Certainly justifiable. As many times as he makes people miss, it only takes one solid square on hit to end it for a guy that small.

Right now I have:

Qb - 3
Rb - 4
Wr - 5
Te - 3
Ol - 9

DL - 10
LB - 7
CB - 5
S - 4

Here is my wish for info from training camp. Someone, at end of day, list all who practiced with the ones and all who practiced with the twos, with snap counts. It is relatively safe to say those names that never get on either list and don't climb to the ones or twos are short-timers. Those with token snaps with the twos are short timers. Best I can tell, snippets are released about 'buzz' players (e.g., Tunsil now with the ones), not a word about about Urlick, C Jones, etc. Snaps counts would tell as much or more about a player than a "deflects a pass" tweet.

Here is my wish for info from training camp. Someone, at end of day, list all who practiced with the ones and all who practiced with the twos, with snap counts. It is relatively safe to say those names that never get on either list and don't climb to the ones or twos are short-timers. Those with token snaps with the twos are short timers. Best I can tell, snippets are released about 'buzz' players (e.g., Tunsil now with the ones), not a word about about Urlick, C Jones, etc. Snaps counts would tell as much or more about a player than a "deflects a pass" tweet.

I'd like info on Neville Hewitt, Jamil Douglas and Walt Aikens . . . Because I hear nothing.

I really like what Kenny Stills did with the Saints but this is probably not a good idea to keep him around. I'm hearing positive feedbacks on Carroo, Landry, Grant, Parker and nothing on Stills except some drops.

This is "deja vu" from the 2015 season.

Maybe that chemistry with Tannehill will never happen or maybe Tannehill is not a good fit for his skillset.

I'm wondering where he is listed on the depth chart these days.

The problem is, there are so many other WR's on the team that are good. Still is the 3rd option after Parker and Landry so of course he isn't going to see the ball much.

I am thinking 5 WRs right now, with Grant as that 5th guy over Whalen and Hazel. Maybe keeping a guy like Rashan Scott on the PS.

Really the number 5 guy will be whoever performs the best on returns. We are all assuming Grant, but he is not Darren Sproles. Sproles was small but Sproles was thick, Grant is tiny . . . Just really worry about him at this level . . . Certainly justifiable. As many times as he makes people miss, it only takes one solid square on hit to end it for a guy that small.

Right now I have:

Qb - 3
Rb - 4
Wr - 5
Te - 3
Ol - 9

DL - 10
LB - 7
CB - 5
S - 4

I might go with 6 receivers and 9 defensive linemen, 10 seems like a waste... especially considering those bottom guys are not young but great potential guys. Does this team really need six defensive ends or five defensive tackles? I'm thinking five ends and four tackles should be enough.

This thread is more early training camp hyperbole!

Kenny Stills is a very smooth and fluid receiver.

He adds a different talent set to a roster full of talent at the receiver position.

I love this kid.

And the premise of this thread is patently false too - as reports were out that Stills was out there performing just fine.

Sometimes not hearing something about a player can be a good thing. The playbook hasn't really been opened up. People need to ****in chill.

Sometimes not hearing something about a player can be a good thing. The playbook hasn't really been opened up. People need to ****in chill.
I agree to an extent. But tweets such as "Williams gets a sack against Turner" takes almost no more effort than "Williams gets a sack." If Bushrod isn't mentioned, is it because he's making no mistakes or not on the field? I've read almost nothing on McCain (CB). Is that good or bad? For those of us interested, not only in starters, but, who has a shot at the 53, more info would help.

Actually they were very complimentary about him while covering Dolphins camp yesterday. They were saying he was very good in OTA's and it's carried over. not sure where folks are gathering their opinions hopefully not from beat writer camp notes.

This is what I heard too. That has doing great and has the inside track at the #2 spot.

I don't care much for Stills. Don't get me wrong if he's a "keeper" I'll be his biggest supporter, I just don't get the sense from him that he will go down as someone I truly care about.

I wish he was better trade bait but ultimately his greatest value is to us so I don't see him being moved unless someone out there is really desperate.

I am a big fan of Jakeem Grant and I think Caroo presents a lot of solid qualities, we do need some veteran presence so keeping Stills for 2016 and letting him walk after that is what I see as likely to happen.

He's still an enigma.

I really like what Kenny Stills did with the Saints but this is probably not a good idea to keep him around. I'm hearing positive feedbacks on Carroo, Landry, Grant, Parker and nothing on Stills except some drops.

This is "deja vu" from the 2015 season.

Maybe that chemistry with Tannehill will never happen or maybe Tannehill is not a good fit for his skillset.

I'm wondering where he is listed on the depth chart these days.

I always thought there had to be a significant reason Sean Payton would jettison a young WR with excellent top end speed for a "mid grade" draft pick.

I mean -- the kid was effectively discarded by a HC who seems to have an eye for legit talent -- so the big question is WHY.

BNF.

I always thought there had to be a significant reason Sean Payton would jettison a young WR with excellent top end speed for a "mid grade" draft pick.

I mean -- the kid was effectively discarded by a HC who seems to have an eye for legit talent -- so the big question is WHY.

BNF.

Why? Because there were multiple sources that indicated either Brees and/or the GM wanted him gone.

I have heard reports of him being open all over the field.

Maxwell has done well on him at times also, maybe not stride for stride, but closing and knocking the ball out.

Same

Back
Top Bottom