KENNY STILLS IS MORE THAN JUST YOUR AVERAGE DEEP THREAT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KENNY STILLS IS MORE THAN JUST YOUR AVERAGE DEEP THREAT

There's that darn drop again vs Seattle....still hurts a little

Glad Kenny is back for another year with Tannehill.... with the 3 Wrs back plus Thomas, i can't help but expect big things this year.

Can't find edit button so sorry for double post - I dig the way they illustrated the set up with the hitch routes, later showing the DB bite hard on the fake and get beaten deep for the TD. The fact he can run other routes successfully only helps his deep ball.

There's that darn drop again vs Seattle....still hurts a little

Glad Kenny is back for another year with Tannehill.... with the 3 Wrs back plus Thomas, i can't help but expect big things this year.

If we had missed the playoffs by a game or so, then that drop would have been a lot more painful today. Given how he played the rest of the season and us making the playoffs, I don't care about it much anymore. Would it have been great if he caught it sure, but no biggie at this point.

If we had missed the playoffs by a game or so, then that drop would have been a lot more painful today. Given how he played the rest of the season and us making the playoffs, I don't care about it much anymore. Would it have been great if he caught it sure, but no biggie at this point.

I certainly don't hold it against him - all was forgiven with the Cinci TD - but when I see that video, I relive a bit of that deep disappointment I was feeling that day.

I recall in one of the earlier games, after a long pass Kenny was credited with advising Coach Gase to run the same play again and again because his opponent was exhausted. Coach Gase listened to Stills and exploited the weakness.
While Jarvis Landry is seen as the inspirational offensive leader, the player with very high intelligence is actually Kenny Stills. It didn't go unnoticed that he accepted less than the projected market rate because he wanted stay here.

I still hold a grudge. Imagine if we had won against Seattle for the opener! Still like him and glad his bac.

He was a crucial re-signing. Great ability to track and adjust to a deep ball. If Devante comes around this season this offense will be lethal.

I like the player he has become over last season..But that drop in Seattle still chaps my hide..To have won that game would have been big..My hope is that this season we don't see anything like that drop in Seattle when so much is on the line.

Go Dolphins!!!

I truly don't understand why the drop is such a big deal. Sure it would have been a TD but why is that one play dogging so many fans?
You can go back to any loss and find such plays but somehow Still's drop is the mother of all mishaps?

I admire Stills toughness for his size. He made quite a few catches in traffic last season that surprised me. I was almost sure it was Landry until I saw the #10. Love our three receivers.

Sure, the drop at Seattle hurt and probably cost us that game. But at least it wasn't his downfall. It's no longer "the play" I remember from Stills after all the plays he made after. The local media and fanbase (self included) ripped him for that, and his response the rest of the season is what earned him that fat contract. He became a dependable receiver.

I wouldn't call it the mother of all mishaps...It's more like...It's Kenny Fricking Stills and it hit's him in the hands on a wide open play for the game..Season opener in Seattle where it's really hard to get a WIN..He makes that catch and I believe our Season would have looked a lot different..Had that been like.. Ted I dropped another big time pass Ginn jr..You would expect that..Kenny was brought in to make those kind of plays..I am really glad the front office resigned him...Had that highlight clip not included that drop it would be all good..Pleas pass the salt.

Go Dolphins!!!

I wouldn't call it the mother of all mishaps...It's more like...It's Kenny Fricking Stills and it hit's him in the hands on a wide open play for the game..Season opener in Seattle where it's really hard to get a WIN..He makes that catch and I believe our Season would have looked a lot different..Had that been like.. Ted I dropped another big time pass Ginn jr..You would expect that..Kenny was brought in to make those kind of plays..I am really glad the front office resigned him...Had that highlight clip not included that drop it would be all good..Pleas pass the salt.

Go Dolphins!!!

It's still just one dropped pass. He made plays but nobody can be expected to make every play.

You hear more about Still's dropped pass in that game than you do the blocked kick.

Back
Top Bottom