Kenyan Drake and Devante Parker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenyan Drake and Devante Parker

Drake should be traded during the BYE week. Might as well get a 5th or 6th for him. Parker like him or not, he’s Miami’s most consistent offensive player thus far.

Drake is an elite talent that has been misused since he’s been here. Gase was a horrible playcaller, coach and human being. This team has another horrible coach and playcaller.

Parker is an elite talent that has been wasted potential since he’s gotten here. He doesn’t take care of his body properly as evidenced by injuries and comments I’ve heard from reports that he didn’t know his way around the weight room when he was a rookie. That’s a failure of scouting and interviewing before the draft.

Both guys are young enough and should be cheap enough to keep. The upside is much better than the returned value, mostly because you won’t get anything for them on the open market. If someone gets stupid and gives you a crazy deal, take it. Odds are they won’t though. You need some of these guys to pan out if you don’t want to be “rebuilding” for another decade. Drake, Preston and Parker is a lot of physical talent for a solid young QB. I vote keep em all, fix the line and get your QB.

Neither of the two are elite talents

I am sick of the “Drake is misused” crap.

Two coaching staffs have seen him every day of practice and chosen essentially the same role for him.

The last staff Gore over Drake. This staff chose Ballage.

Something is happening in practice to make those decisions happen.
It’s not in practice, it’s on the field. Drake can not be trusted with a serious amount of touches. He fumbled on the goal line last year vs Chicago. He fumbled again vs Dallas and again last week vs the Chargers. He dances too much, his pass pro sucks. He’s nowhere near being a top back and he never will be.

Gore “started” over drake because gase was garbage. It’s the same reason washed up bums like that fat, old lazy TE got reps or we force fed screens to midget WRs that tackle themselves.

Not going to hear me say Gase isn't a bad coach, nor that he didn't make tons of mistakes. Starting Gore over Drake wasn't one of them.

In what world does Drake get top 10 money?

Hypothetically if for some reason all the top 25 HB's in the NFL went sky diving together and simultaneously had bad parachutes and fell to their death and a week later the top 25 HB's eligible for the 2020 NFL Draft went snorkeling and were swallowed whole by megaladon than I'm fairly certain Drake would be sought after and possibly get top 10 money.

With the year he is having, Drake might bring a sixth rounder. I would resign him, cheap hopefully, and make him a complementary back. Miami needs a between the tackles running back like a young Frank Gore type.

Drake should be traded during the BYE week. Might as well get a 5th or 6th for him. Parker like him or not, he’s Miami’s most consistent offensive player thus far.

Drake’s best use is as a third down back, but he does not do a good job with pass protection. Further, the perception is that he does put enough effort into practice sessions. Who wants to trade for that player?

Hope he comes back on a team deal, could still use a RB1 but he’s more than a good backup

I am sick of the “Drake is misused” crap.

Two coaching staffs have seen him every day of practice and chosen essentially the same role for him.

The last staff Gore over Drake. This staff chose Ballage.

Something is happening in practice to make those decisions happen.

Adam Gase was a pox on Davies House.

Not going to hear me say Gase isn't a bad coach, nor that he didn't make tons of mistakes. Starting Gore over Drake wasn't one of them.

Bringing Gore in and running the offense through him definitely was one of them.

Drake is an elite talent that has been misused since he’s been here. Gase was a horrible playcaller, coach and human being. This team has another horrible coach and playcaller.

Parker is an elite talent that has been wasted potential since he’s gotten here. He doesn’t take care of his body properly as evidenced by injuries and comments I’ve heard from reports that he didn’t know his way around the weight room when he was a rookie. That’s a failure of scouting and interviewing before the draft.

Both guys are young enough and should be cheap enough to keep. The upside is much better than the returned value, mostly because you won’t get anything for them on the open market. If someone gets stupid and gives you a crazy deal, take it. Odds are they won’t though. You need some of these guys to pan out if you don’t want to be “rebuilding” for another decade. Drake, Preston and Parker is a lot of physical talent for a solid young QB. I vote keep em all, fix the line and get your QB.

Where's the 'dislike' button at?

Parker & Drake are elite talents? Hell no!!

Neither of the two are elite talents

I agree. I think Parker has finally shown some improvement this year and is worth keeping. But, Drake has done nothing IMO to guarantee himself a spot on next year's roster. Last year he had a few big plays, but wasn't anything special the rest of the time. This year he's starting to fumble the ball, and that's not a good sign.

Actually, Ballage hasn't been very impressive either (I know the o-line has a lot to do with it), so I'd try the other guys next week.

I agree. I think Parker has finally shown some improvement this year and is worth keeping. But, Drake has done nothing IMO to guarantee himself a spot on next year's roster. Last year he had a few big plays, but wasn't anything special the rest of the time. This year he's starting to fumble the ball, and that's not a good sign.

Actually, Ballage hasn't been very impressive either (I know the o-line has a lot to do with it), so I'd try the other guys next week.

I think they will give Ballage and Drake more games to prove themselves before testing the others. Why would keep so many RB’s on the roster

Where's the 'dislike' button at?

Parker & Drake are elite talents? Hell no!!

Maybe work on reading comprehension? Parker isn’t a good pro football player but has elite talent. Size, speed etc. but lacks every intangible. My point was you won’t get anything of value for him while the upside is still there.

Maybe work on reading comprehension? Parker isn’t a good pro football player but has elite talent. Size, speed etc. but lacks every intangible. My point was you won’t get anything of value for him while the upside is still there.

Being tall is not a talent and 4.45 speed is not elite.

Back
Top Bottom