Kenyan Drake and Devante Parker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenyan Drake and Devante Parker

FinPhan54

Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
With both of them being Free Agents at the end of the year, should we be looking to move them before the trade deadline?

For Drake, I don’t see any way he is brought back. The Patriots never paid running backs, and a rebuilding team needs all the cap we can get. Plus we’ve spent mid-late round picks on RBs with some success. Drake is likely going to want top 10 RB money. To me if any team offers us just about anything for Drake I’d say yes.

As for Parker, I think It’s a little trickier. He actually has been decent for us this year. It’s the first time he’s remotely healthy (knock on wood) and him and Preston give Rosen 2 big targets. With that being said, are we going to pay him what he wants? Do we see what we did with a guy like Preston, plus having 2 slot guys under contract in Wilson and Grant, and find him expendable long term? We also also coming up on a GREAT WR class in the draft. Like Drake, I would take just about any compensation as I see Him not coming back.

Unless we use them leaving in FA for our 2021 compensatory picks, however I dont See us getting many of those as we will likely be players in FA this year.

Thoughts?

Parker signed a two year deal before the season.

The only way Drake comes back, is on a low $ deal, with no gauranteed money. Realistically, what is anyone going to offer for him, with only a few months left on his rookie deal?

We won't get any comp picks in 2021 as we're going to be active in free agency this coming off season.

I'm not losing sleep over the thought of Parker leaving for more money at this point, whenever that happens.

Jay Ajayi thought he had value....if I'm not mistaken he's not even playing now.

Drake (keep in mind I wanted Drake in the draft) will not be back. You can easily reproduce his production. He wants to stay on the cheap I'm fine with it but it needs to be a good team deal.

I think both could stay. It keeps continuity. Drake won’t command top 10 money he fumbles too much. Parker might have found a HC he relates to. However if they leave when their contracts run up so be it. I do believe we kept so many RB’s to give them all an audition.

Drake is an elite talent that has been misused since he’s been here. Gase was a horrible playcaller, coach and human being. This team has another horrible coach and playcaller.

Parker is an elite talent that has been wasted potential since he’s gotten here. He doesn’t take care of his body properly as evidenced by injuries and comments I’ve heard from reports that he didn’t know his way around the weight room when he was a rookie. That’s a failure of scouting and interviewing before the draft.

Both guys are young enough and should be cheap enough to keep. The upside is much better than the returned value, mostly because you won’t get anything for them on the open market. If someone gets stupid and gives you a crazy deal, take it. Odds are they won’t though. You need some of these guys to pan out if you don’t want to be “rebuilding” for another decade. Drake, Preston and Parker is a lot of physical talent for a solid young QB. I vote keep em all, fix the line and get your QB.

If you can get a late round pick for drake then trade him because I can’t see him being a part of the future plans. He certainly will not be getting much money in free agency but I’ve seen enough to be ready to move on.
I don’t think any team would trade for Parker so I would keep him around for now. Depending on how we address the position this off-season, maybe we bring him back one more year.

Drake is an elite talent that has been misused since he’s been here. Gase was a horrible playcaller, coach and human being. This team has another horrible coach and playcaller.

Parker is an elite talent that has been wasted potential since he’s gotten here. He doesn’t take care of his body properly as evidenced by injuries and comments I’ve heard from reports that he didn’t know his way around the weight room when he was a rookie. That’s a failure of scouting and interviewing before the draft.

Both guys are young enough and should be cheap enough to keep. The upside is much better than the returned value, mostly because you won’t get anything for them on the open market. If someone gets stupid and gives you a crazy deal, take it. Odds are they won’t though. You need some of these guys to pan out if you don’t want to be “rebuilding” for another decade. Drake, Preston and Parker is a lot of physical talent for a solid young QB. I vote keep em all, fix the line and get your QB.

Drake is so overrated on this board. Doesn't get north and south enough, thats why Gore started over him. Doesn't pass protect well. That is why Ballage had some favor with the coaching staff on passing downs. Hes got some electric ability, but that is not what a successful RB on a successful team is only about.

North and south, always get positive yards, don't have fumble issues, and pick up the blitz well, that is what is valued in this league, and Drake struggles with it all.

I am sick of the “Drake is misused” crap.

Two coaching staffs have seen him every day of practice and chosen essentially the same role for him.

The last staff Gore over Drake. This staff chose Ballage.

Something is happening in practice to make those decisions happen.

Drake is so overrated on this board. Doesn't get north and south enough, thats why Gore started over him. Doesn't pass protect well. That is why Ballage had some favor with the coaching staff on passing downs. Hes got some electric ability, but that is not what a successful RB on a successful team is only about.

North and south, always get positive yards, don't have fumble issues, and pick up the blitz well, that is what is valued in this league, and Drake struggles with it all.

Gore “started” over drake because gase was garbage. It’s the same reason washed up bums like that fat, old lazy TE got reps or we force fed screens to midget WRs that tackle themselves.

Back
Top Bottom