Kevin Durant or LeBron James? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Durant or LeBron James?

I guess Dan Marino sucks cause he doesn't have a ring? :idk:

Give me LBJ

Now I will say that LeBron is the best transition basketball player the NBA has ever seen. Once LeBron gets in transition, you'd better foul him.

Jordan was good in transition but Jordan's game was more about isolating a defender and then taking you off the dribble and driving to the basket to draw fouls. Jordan could back his way down and then use that patented fade away. LeBron doesn't have that at all.

Now I will say that LeBron is the best transition basketball player the NBA has ever seen. Once LeBron gets in transition, you'd better foul him.

Jordan was good in transition but Jordan's game was more about isolating a defender and then taking you off the dribble and driving to the basket to draw fouls. Jordan could back his way down and then use that patented fade away. LeBron doesn't have that at all.

Agreed...Lebron is just too strong or too fast for defenders.. Jordan and Wade have similar games.. Jordan did a great job of taking advantage of smaller guards in the post...In the Finals against Seattle , he abused Gp in the post. Jordan may be the best finishing wing player..(Along with best of all time)..If jordan got the ball in the painted area he was scoring.

Lebron, and I dont even think it's close.

Only few actually have actually slowed Lebron from what i've seen, Shawn Marion who I am baffled can keep up with all these guys is one of the better examples in the finals. Lebron had 24pts-1 turnover, 20pts-5 turnovers, 17pts-4 turnovers, 8pts-4 turnovers, 17pts-4 turnovers, and 21pts-6 turnovers.

He killed it in most of the other playoff games too, only few can really slow him down. He is the best active player though.

Lebron is the best overall player in the league and he is the most athletically gifted.

But Durant is FOUR years younger and he already is more potent on offense and has more range than Lebron. FOUR years from now KD will be in the prime of his career while Lebron will be closer to the end of his prime and KD has the length and agility to be a better defender . . . but he is far from a liability on defense he just isn't a Lebron James on defense. Plus Lebron has this "wtf" moments in the media that make you question his intelligence while KD seems like the "Andre Johnson" of the NBA . . . goes out there and handles business, loves competition and loves to play.

One thing is for certain, factoring age and ability, I think those are the 2 best players in the league right now . . . and if it is Miami vs. OKC in the finals . . . I wouldn't just giftwrap that to Miami . . . Miami is a better team this year, much better . . . but that OKC team we would see IMO would be better than the Dallas team that beat us last year.

Would be real fun to watch.

You guys honestly crack me up.

I want you all to watch this, and just put in Bron where they say Bears...got it :up:

[video=youtube;tvMPcKIk-eg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvMPcKIk-eg[/video]

Durrant. He plays 4 quarters.....

Lets see, Durrant has pretty much NOBODY on his team, yet they are still one of the top teams in the league.

LaBrain has 2 legit All-Stars and they still have the same number of rings.......just sayin.....

Actually, I don't watch much NBA.

OKC is the consensus pick (media) for representing the West in the Finals this year so to say they don't have anyone else on their team isn't correct.

LeBron.

He's the best player on the planet.

You don't need a bunch of Heat fans to tell you that.

NBA people will tell you that as well.

I don't know if he's the best on the planet and yes, being ring-less is a big part of that. Yes, he has a long way to go before his career is over and he'll prob have a few rings to show for it. Can he be the best in the planet though when he didn't perform as he should have in the playoffs the last few years?

There's no one in the league you'd take over LeBron. He makes everyone better.

Durant doesn't really do that. That idiot Westbrook doesn't really help his cause but still...

I think LeBron is just as good a "scorer" as Durant. He's ahead of him right now in scoring, not by much, granted, but he is ahead, and is also shooting at a higher percentage. He also has 8 fifty point career games to Durant's 1. He's a VASTLY superior passer, averaging almost 7 assists a game, to Durant's 3. He's also a better career rebounder than Durant as well.

The most glaring difference between the two is obviously on defense. LeBron is one of the most gifted defenders in the league, and is going to be making the NBA All Defensive Team AGAIN this year. Durant's never made first, or second team, nor do I ever think he will. Not to mention the versatility LeBron brings defensively, show me another player that defends Small Forwads, Power Forwards, Centers, and Point Guards with the frequency LeBron does, ala Derrick Rose in the Eastern Conference Finals, who had a 2.9 shooting percentage with LeBron guarding him, 2.9%!

LeBron is the most taken for granted player in all of sports. The guy's almost averaging a triple-double a night and is playing the most efficient basketball of any player in the league, & of his own career, and people still want to say he's not the MVP this year. Chris Paul is not the MVP, I don't care if he made a bad team better, you can't tell me with a straight face that Chris Paul is playing better basketball than LeBron James is right now. You just can't. Imo there's not a GM in the league that would want CP3 or Durant over LeBron on their team THIS year.

NBA MVP
NBA Finals MVP

Case closed punctuated by a triple double.

20120621_rvr_su8_128-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom