Key player for Sunday Win: Mike Gesicki | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Key player for Sunday Win: Mike Gesicki

Edmonds and Mostert in the passing game are huge factors could they can eat up real estate faster than LBs or nickels can get an angle on them. Edmonds is like Albert Wilson before the hip injury when he catches in space.

We didn’t get Hill and Waddle so that they could be decoys......sure the bills might try to double them but we're still going to try to get them the ball. If all that attention open things up for the other then great but Hill and Waddle will still get the majority of the targets.
To be fair, football is a total game of decoys. Call run run run, play action. Pass, pass, run up the middle. By design the two speedsters should force others open, it's just a matter of how and when to take advantage of that.

To be fair, football is a total game of decoys. Call run run run, play action. Pass, pass, run up the middle. By design the two speedsters should force others open, it's just a matter of how and when to take advantage of that.
maybe I phrased it wrong.....my whole point was Hill and Waddle will get the most targets regardless of what the defense does

Can't pull one over on you, can we - LOL

Ray! Ray! Be good!

It’s also possible the poster man catching the ball out of the backfield. Mismatch against whoever is covering him.

Actually, I will go on the record and say that if Tua does make 3 to 4 well-timed runs and rips off some chunk yards (10-15 yards per run), the Fins will most likely WIN the game. The reason is that it will gap the Bills linebacker-safety spacing allowing the Blur Brothers and Gesicki favorable matchups deep down the middle of their defense. More importantly, it will keep possessions going, thus chewing up valuable clock and keeping Josh "Thor" Allen on the bench.
someone who gets the importance

Actually, I will go on the record and say that if Tua does make 3 to 4 well-timed runs and rips off some chunk yards (10-15 yards per run), the Fins will most likely WIN the game. The reason is that it will gap the Bills linebacker-safety spacing allowing the Blur Brothers and Gesicki favorable matchups deep down the middle of their defense. More importantly, it will keep possessions going, thus chewing up valuable clock and keeping Josh "Thor" Allen on the bench.

Bills run zone. So I don’t see where these lanes are going to be for Tua.

the fact that this isn't a staple of our gameplan is completely baffling to me.

i don't want tua running all over the place as part of our offense, but for us not to scheme up a few safe (relatively speaking) runs is not maximizing what we could be doing out there.

Once more outside of a dynamic athlete this doesn’t work against zone. Man type scheme is where you get those lanes to run.

So far, haven't Tua, Hill, and Waddle made a lot of big chunk plays on 3rd down? If I am remembering right, I see that as key. For one, and I am sure they will mix it up, but I think Buffalo will have to respect our **** it plays and play their safeties back. If so, that could open up some running lanes, over the middle intermediate plays to Gesicki, or we can short pass it to Hill or Waddle because as we can see below on first downs gained, Hill thrives with those, too. No doubt we will have to play a perfect game, but if we can consistently move the chains and keep their defense on the field, and Allen off the field, I think we have a shot. Haven't we proven so far this season that we aren't the Dolphins of old? Our playmakers are legit. There is a lot to be excited about here! Woot!

T_Hill.PNG

Bills run zone. So I don’t see where these lanes are going to be for Tua.
Because it will be my take that they will have to run a combo coverage of man-zone due to Hill and Waddle's dynamic ability leaving the inability to stay in zone behind the line of scrimmage. If you play pure zone, then Hill and Waddle will be catching slants on the run and then it is a foot race, and we all know the outcome if that happens.

Because it will be my take that they will have to run a combo coverage of man-zone due to Hill and Waddle's dynamic ability leaving the inability to stay in zone behind the line of scrimmage. If you play pure zone, then Hill and Waddle will be catching slants on the run and then it is a foot race, and we all know the outcome if that happens.
They combo zone and man, in previous games.

They combo zone and man, in previous games.
Yes, but Hill plus Waddle is a different dynamic. The space will be there for Tua. But will he take it is the question. I hope he does. He is smart enough to get down when he needs to so. And he is accurate enough to hit those guys on the run if they hold their lanes. The key is that Tua has to let the game come to him. Then he has to take advantage of what the Bills defense is declaring.

Not with half their secondary missing. They're playing zone almost 100% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom