Key player for Sunday Win: Mike Gesicki | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Key player for Sunday Win: Mike Gesicki

We didn’t get Hill and Waddle so that they could be decoys......sure the bills might try to double them but we're still going to try to get them the ball. If all that attention open things up for the other then great but Hill and Waddle will still get the majority of the targets.
Waddle and Hill will get theirs no matter who is covering them.

i would love 3 or 4 scrambles per game early on, just to pick up a few easy third downs and put the QB running in the defense's mind.

we never do it though, and it is probably for safety reasons.
Ya and it's annoying...we've had drives (against NE) die because Tua had to push a tough throw that he missed on, but could've just pulled it down when he was TWO DAMN YARDS away from the first done and nobody even close to him in the front.

I don't want him doing an Allen or Jackson, just little pick-ups here and there.

Ya and it's annoying...we've had drives (against NE) die because Tua had to push a tough throw that he missed on, but could've just pulled it down when he was TWO DAMN YARDS away from the first done and nobody even close to him in the front.

I don't want him doing an Allen or Jackson, just little pick-ups here and there.
yup!

and he's pretty good at it!

Brilliant point! So many make the assumption that, "Oh you have this big name reciever so therefore OFCOURSE you're going to be more successful!" Clearly Oak is showing that's not an automatic this early on in the season.
It is interesting how the AFC is shaping up early in the season. Obviously, it's just two games and there's a lot of football to be played.

But Las Vegas and Cincinnati are 0-2. Neither Tennessee or Indianapolis look like contenders. Denver is off to a somewhat rough start.

It is interesting how the AFC is shaping up early in the season. Obviously, it's just two games and there's a lot of football to be played.

But Las Vegas and Cincinnati are 0-2. Neither Tennessee or Indianapolis look like contenders. Denver is off to a somewhat rough start.

Agreed! It's early. But if things continue more or less down this path then i don't see how we don't make a playoff berth this year?

If I had to guess right now, the 7 playoff teams would be Dolphins, Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, Tennessee, Chargers, Browns.

i would love 3 or 4 scrambles per game early on, just to pick up a few easy third downs and put the QB running in the defense's mind.

we never do it though, and it is probably for safety reasons.
Actually, I will go on the record and say that if Tua does make 3 to 4 well-timed runs and rips off some chunk yards (10-15 yards per run), the Fins will most likely WIN the game. The reason is that it will gap the Bills linebacker-safety spacing allowing the Blur Brothers and Gesicki favorable matchups deep down the middle of their defense. More importantly, it will keep possessions going, thus chewing up valuable clock and keeping Josh "Thor" Allen on the bench.

Actually, I will go on the record and say that if Tua does make 3 to 4 well-timed runs and rips off some chunk yards (10-15 yards per run), the Fins will most likely WIN the game. The reason is that it will gap the Bills linebacker-safety spacing allowing the Blur Brothers and Gesicki favorable matchups deep down the middle of their defense. More importantly, it will keep possessions going, thus chewing up valuable clock and keeping Josh "Thor" Allen on the bench.
Completely agree.

the fact that this isn't a staple of our gameplan is completely baffling to me.

i don't want tua running all over the place as part of our offense, but for us not to scheme up a few safe (relatively speaking) runs is not maximizing what we could be doing out there.

Back
Top Bottom