Key Players Looking For New Contracts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Key Players Looking For New Contracts

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1077241378.jpg.0.jpg

Offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil is becoming an elite left tackle, playing a position that is critical to protecting the quarterback. The team exercised the fifth-year option in his first-round rookie contract, which keeps him under contract through 2020, but jumps his salary cap number from $4 million this year to over $10 million next season. Miami could look to bring down that number while giving Tunsil more guaranteed money and a signing bonus, keeping the player and the team happy. It makes sense for the Dolphins to lock up their lock down tackle, a move they could make this summer.

Running back Kenyan Drake is scheduled to hit free agency next spring.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/7...laremy-tunsil-contract-extension-kenyan-drake

You take care of Tunsil, as for Drake? I am drafting his replacement.

Probably already on the team with Ballage. RBs should always be on rookie contract or cheap vet contract in my opinion.

Considering the cap situation over the next 2 seasons, it's almost a given that Tunsil gets a long term deal. He's improved over his lack luster 2nd year. The talent was always there, now he's realizing it. As for Drake, I just don't see Miami breaking the bank for a part time player. He's never going to be a workhorse type starting RB. I'd love to see Drake Re-signed, at a reasonable rate. But am not expecting it, nor do I think he'll be back.

I fully expect Tunsil to get a big deal that pays him a ton in 2021 when we are carrying 60+ cap room.

Tunsil being called Elite seems like a stretch. He was very very good, but not superstar level. I saw too many missed second level opportunities in the run game from him for me to call him Elite.

Edit: Wait I guess they did say Elite pass protector... damn!

When your QB is on rookie contract go ahead and lock up LT & CB1. Makes total sense even if Rosen doesn't end up being the guy.

Probably already on the team with Ballage. RBs should always be on rookie contract or cheap vet contract in my opinion.

So should wide receievers. They are a dime a dozen. Very New England like. Unless they are world beaters like Randy Moss.

With the last regime I would not be so confident, but it is a new day. Something tells me that Flores is not as flippant with the talent on the team.
Us resigning Howard is a big step in the right direction imo. In years past I could easily see us watch him walk.

Back
Top Bottom