key to 2010 season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

key to 2010 season

xracerdr

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Our offense can score on anyone,powerful o-line and running game now
opened up with marshall no longer can teams stack the box,but the key
to this season is how the hybrib 3-4 defense nolan puts in place, solia can dominate for
a quarter thats it, starks is good but better suited for end, so can nolan's hybrid defense
work, with just g wilson gone we can only be better,dansby manning the middle i think we
will be better on defense but when ferguson was gone teams pounded us even with starks
at nose, so the key is will nolan's scheme work if so fellow phin fans this team is on its way
to the superbowl.:hump:

Our DL has got to show more depth than what we showed last year. Nolan can be the perfect coordinatory for what we need. The LB investment must and will pay off. Apparently the FO has a lot of faith in Clemons. We have the best tandem of young corners in the game and along with Allen can more than hold their own in this pass happy league.

On O its about balance. Now with Marshall we have it in being able to stretch the field, with actually catching the ball and not avoiding contact as first priority like somebody else use to do. Hartline is about to explode or at the least become a dependable number three.

I see 10-6 or 11-5. Bring on the Green Puke and Evil Empire. The dead bison heads are like what they are named after... a near extinct species. Add LT and unproven Joe Mc Knight and colore me not impressed with the paper airplanes. I want to see if gerbil boy Sanchez can handle the pressure of a sophomore slump.

Our DL has got to show more depth than what we showed last year. Nolan can be the perfect coordinatory for what we need. The LB investment must and will pay off. Apparently the FO has a lot of faith in Clemons. We have the best tandem of young corners in the game and along with Allen can more than hold their own in this pass happy league.

On O its about balance. Now with Marshall we have it in being able to stretch the field, with actually catching the ball and not avoiding contact as first priority like somebody else use to do. Hartline is about to explode or at the least become a dependable number three.

I see 10-6 or 11-5. Bring on the Green Puke and Evil Empire. The dead bison heads are like what they are named after... a near extinct species. Add LT and unproven Joe Mc Knight and colore me not impressed with the paper airplanes. I want to see if gerbil boy Sanchez can handle the pressure of a sophomore slump.

The only weakness on our defensive line was Nose Tackle after Fergy got hurt, which still wasn't terrible with Soliai filling in. As for the two end spots, Langford plays with incredible leverage, Starks stayed disciplined, Merling played up to par in the rotation, McDaniels made several big plays and never caused any lingering issue, and Dotson is still on the team after several years. If there is one thing we are fine at, it is depth. It is more of finding our identity for the defensive line. With the addition of Odrick and the move of Starks to nose tackle, Soliai has less pressure to be the only guy able to anchor the defensive line, while we continue a strong rotation and keep guys fresh through the second half. A lot of the issue was inconsistent gap control by our linebackers, and poor decision making as to letting the play develop too much and allowing a big gain. Crowder was over-shooting a lot of the time while Ayodele let the play come to him instead of hawking to the ball.

When I think of best young tandem I think of the Jets to be honest with you. Cromartie and Revis are young, but seasoned. Now if you would have put potential in that sentence I would 100% agree with you. Potentially, we have a great combination of corners for the next decade. Smith is going to take a little longer to develop than Davis, who still has a few areas he needs to focus on to solidify his game. Smith wasn't very good when the ball was in the air, and Davis was a bit inconsistent with body control. Some plays Davis would box out like a basketball player in the paint (Interception while covering Moss in the endzone), and other plays he would be less physical, letting guys get a superior position on him. They may be good now, but their potential greatness has yet to be seen. Hopefully we see flashes this year.

Hartline last year showed everything to be a dependable number two receiver. Whether it was inside, outside, in the redzone, or backed up in our own territory, Hartline made plays. The only reason I point this out is because I would say Bess is our dependable third/slot receiver. In pointing this out, the number doesn't really matter as we will be running more three receiver sets with the Marshall acquisition. I just see Hartline as a guy that can be more than suitable to play across from Marshall. He is a hard worker and against a lot of odds last season he produced. He is a Camarillo type player, just a little more flashy in a sense of speed, quickness, acceleration, and threatening the end zone.

Right now, the position I am worried about the most is OLB. Very little experience. I mean it just doesn't excite when our top 4 guys are a rookie (Misi), a CFL standout/potential 1 dimensional guy (Wake), a college star/NFL dud (Moses) and a backup pass rusher who maybe asked to start (Anderson). Shout out to our special teams ace Erik Walden who I believe is #5 on this list.

People want to know why we won't go after Atogwe . . . we have a bigger need at OLB IMO.

I mean, I hope Anderson, Moses and Wake all play well in camp and the guys earn spots . . . but I expect we aren't done with that OLB lineup. We struggled with our pass rush a bit last season (not able to generate pressure when we really needed to) and we lost BOTH starting OLB's.

I'm just concerned that we haven't done enough and I rather Clemmons and Merrimian/Adilius Thomas over Atogwe and Wake/Anderson.

The to me is Henne because I seen plenty mistakes from his posistion, he has to become a complete QB not because of marshall and the passing game down field, but in the short game as well, he is not Joe montana, he is not smooth in his drop back passing or his screen passes, the fins have talent but if Henne don't deliver then it will be more of the same as last year.

Where is the money supposed to come from? and how are the young fellas going to learn if you keep bring in veterans? your team might be good for a year but this about long term success.

Right now, the position I am worried about the most is OLB. Very little experience. I mean it just doesn't excite when our top 4 guys are a rookie (Misi), a CFL standout/potential 1 dimensional guy (Wake), a college star/NFL dud (Moses) and a backup pass rusher who maybe asked to start (Anderson). Shout out to our special teams ace Erik Walden who I believe is #5 on this list.

People want to know why we won't go after Atogwe . . . we have a bigger need at OLB IMO.

I mean, I hope Anderson, Moses and Wake all play well in camp and the guys earn spots . . . but I expect we aren't done with that OLB lineup. We struggled with our pass rush a bit last season (not able to generate pressure when we really needed to) and we lost BOTH starting OLB's.

I'm just concerned that we haven't done enough and I rather Clemmons and Merrimian/Adilius Thomas over Atogwe and Wake/Anderson.

Totally agree with that. Currently there is a huge question mark over what type of prodcution we will get from our OLB's. We bascially have a rookie and three backup's from last season fighting it out for two starting spots. I know people want to make the comparison of Wake and Dumervil, but the fact is Dumervil was an established pass-rusher and starter before last season, while Wake is still making the transition from the CFL. To expect the same type of production from Wake as Dumervil did last season is unfair on Wake, who is seemingly only going to be used as a situational pass rusher.

I am going to say the key to making the playoffs this year is keeping everyone healthy. I truly believe that injuries is what really prevented us from making a push at the end. And now that we have balance just about everywhere on the team injuries shouldn't be as bad this year. *knock on wood*

One period.. Hard to read.. A lot of keys.. I think you got it..not sure..
What?!?!

I am going to say the key to making the playoffs this year is keeping everyone healthy. I truly believe that injuries is what really prevented us from making a push at the end. And now that we have balance just about everywhere on the team injuries shouldn't be as bad this year. *knock on wood*

What?!?!
It was..6 in the morning and I was trying to read the OP's post and it only had one period in the entire thing. He stopped his run off sentence to hit Enter and made it even more difficult. Sorry for the confusion =P

FS, OLB, Fasano's offensive production when called on, and Starks holding his own and playing with strength to anchor the defense are my 4 worries along with most people. Coverage from OLB and S's are what bothers me the most. I am sure with Wake's work ethic he will be a better player this year but he is 28 so don't expect a huge jump.

OLB is the big question mark between what we have currently. Currently who we have on the roster either lacks experience in the NFL or production while they have been in the NFL. I know we are not stacked at NT, TE or FS for some fans enough but there are currently clearer possible answers there than at OLB. Right now OLB is the big unknown on this team.

just a fellow phin fan mass *** assin not trying to be a english major.

I can be certain in foretelling that, regardless of the outcome this season, it will be a truly fun ride. If we don't make all the right moves on the field and fall short this year, you can carve (deeply) into granite that come 2011 we will. We'll win (at the very least) the division- if not the conference...if not the entire thing by 2011 (Super Bowl). Fin fans will be much more happier in the following months, than we have been in a good long while.

Go Dolphins!

Back
Top Bottom