Keys to success vs. Cowboys | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keys to success vs. Cowboys

FinaticalOne

DieHard FinFan 4 Life
Reaction score
If we want to be successbul against the 'Boys, the key will be defense and field position. Our D will have to find a way to provide constant pressure on Carter, not allowing him to get comfortable in the pocket. Carter will throw picks if hurried.

If we are able to force turnovers and give our offense a short field to play on, this will increase our chances greatly on putting points on the board. Judging by recent weeks, I don't think our offense can consistently sustain long drives against the 'Boys defense. On the contrary, the boys won't be able to do the same against our D as well. So the key will end up being field position, and special teams will be pertinent in being a major factor in that aspect.

This game will not be a "barn burner". It will more likely be a game of chess. Each team will constantly chip away at each others defense until they are in the perfect position to strike. I expect a low scoring game, and my homerism will predict......Fins 17 the Boys 13 :cool:

Let's go Fins!!!!!!

The main key is this:

If we create turnovers and play on a short field...we will probably blow them out.

TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think we need to take a few shots downfield on offense. Also, with Gadsden back, the corner endzone fade may be there, considering teams haven't seen it in well over a year. Let's see if the Tuna is as smart as everyone thinks he is.

I totally agree with you. We need to keep this game low scoring and win it with our taking it away and Mare making all his FGs

Two keys IMO.

1) As many have stated, force Quicy into turnovers. Mix up the D and keep him guessing. Perhaps some new blitzing packages. That will help the offense play a shorter field and keep our D off the field.

2) STOP THE BLITZ. This scares me. We have not done well this year and this team will bring it on any down. If I were Wanny I would watch how NE handled it b/c they do not have a great line but brady had time to count to 100 before he threw it.

If we can do this I bet it is a double digit win. I would look for a 20-10 victory.:biggrin:

Originally posted by dreadlockera

If we can do this I bet it is a double digit win. I would look for a 20-10 victory.:biggrin:

Dang, ... you guys in S. Florida always get the best drugs.:up:

Originally posted by MacAttack
I hope Ricky brings his A Game.

Ricky will bring it. I'm not worried about that. The OL better just make sure they have their game on.

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
The main key is this:

If we create turnovers and play on a short field...we will probably blow them out.

TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: I'm all for that.

But one thing I hope our coaching accomplished during this short week, and that is......

I hope the coaches spent sleepless nights during this short week on watching how Tampa Bay and NE shutout Da Boys offense.

Tampa's defense is similar to ours and our D has better personnel than NE. So I don't see why we should not be able to come up with the perfect scheme to stop their offense and create short field situations for our offense. If there is a blueprint out there to stop Dallas, its gotta be from those two games.

Don't give up the big play, that includes staying in your lanes on defense to stop Carter for running for first downs.

Keep the plays in front of you. Shut down the run and don't let the WRs get behind the safeties. If Galloway, Glenn, or Bryant get behind the safeties, its 6 points because those guys are quick. Make Quincy hurry his throws and force him to have happy feet. Want to know what TB and NE did? They got pressure on Quincy and made him make his decisions quickly, which is something he obviously isn't good at. I say this game hinges on JT and O-Gun. If they don't bring pressure, they better blitz like their season depends on it, and it does......

Back
Top Bottom