Keys to winning sunday night. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keys to winning sunday night.

robstirr

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Okay, first off, I jumped off the wagon week one. Sorry !!! I took that lost to heart. But now I am back on. Thankfully , I didn't burn my Ricky Jersey as planned (guinness induced thought).
We have to make Drew move. His is as mobile as Marino was. He doesn't throw well when he moves. Somehow, Jason must apply some pressure. Junior must generate some middle pressure. This is key to the game, If Drew sits back and has time, he will kill us. This worries me. Off point for a second,, why does every announcer talk Madison up like he is the best DB ever. Ask me I think Surtain is better man to man. Hope he is against Moulds, if not I will be spittin mad. Travis Henry always kills us. I don't think he will be able to run the ball against us sunday night.
Now, on O we must be balanced. You know Buffalo is going to stack the line and make Jay throw. We can't fall back into Wanny's 1 down run, 2nd down run, third down dump off the Konrad. We have to be creative, BUT SMART !!!! Somebody other than Chambers must step up.. psssst. Thompson HELLO, maybe get open. Pretend its pre-season... Randy is key. Must look for him in the redzone. But please no more of those , cough..... first down signals, he will get a flag for flippin off. GO FINS !!!!!!!!

And here I always thought that the key to winning was to score more points then the other team. Hmmm go figure. :D

"Now, on O we must be balanced. You know Buffalo is going to stack the line and make Jay throw. We can't fall back into Wanny's 1 down run, 2nd down run, third down dump off the Konrad. We have to be creative, BUT SMART !!!! "

This is a great account of how I think the Bills are planning on defensing the Fins.

Robstirr, I agree with some of what you say. Bledsoe can be rattled by pressure and does not throw well on the run. The question is how will Miami get pressure? Granted it's only the third game of the season, and you can't make too many judgements about how different aspects of a team will work out but so far Miami has not pressured opposing QBs effectively and Buffalo's line has been effective in protecting DB. Maybe things will change just because they will, but if you're the coach (and suggesting keys to winning puts you in the position of a coach) you can't just hope Taylor and Ogunleye start getting to the QB, you've got to come up with a scheme to make it happen. So what is it?

Based on past history has Surtain been more effective than Madison covering Moulds? Moulds seems to have been successful no matter which one he has worked against.

You said Travis Henry always kills you, then you said, "I don't think he will be able to run the ball. . ." What has changed to make you think so? Do you think Seau will be enough of a difference? Do you think TH is just not himself with Willis McGahee waiting in the wings? TH didn't have a good week last Sunday, but he had games like that last year. A lot of it was what Jacksonville was doing on defence. There is a lot of room to debate and speculate, but just to say you think he won't be able to run seems a little feeble. I think you're right about the Bills strategy when Miami has the ball. They will commit to stopping the run, though I don't think that commitment will be as singleminded as the Jags vs Buffalo last week. Buffalo will play a fair amount of man coverage so they can keep a safety in the box along with their front seven. They will let the flow of the game determine how much of that they do though.

Back
Top Bottom