KFFL Update-Joey Harrington | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KFFL Update-Joey Harrington

I agree Harrington is a class act, that is becoming a rarity in the NFL these days. Good kid, I hope he's not done yet. Would be nice to see him get some tutelage from Cameron.

Maybe, but not at the sake of not getting a rookie for Cameron to groom.

Also from KFFL

Cully Not a Good Fit? --
Mon Jan 29, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com
The Miami Herald reports several NFL people have expressed skepticism about whether QB Daunte Culpepper -- whose decision-making and ability to make quick reads have been questioned -- will be a good fit for new Dolphins HC Cam Cameron's offense.

It will be interesting to see what decision is made. If he's cut, then look to draft a QB. If he takes a paycut and stays, he could be trade bait for a second day pick, or just in the QB rotation. There's just no way we'll keep him with his current contract.

Also from KFFL

Cully Not a Good Fit? --
The Miami Herald reports several NFL people have expressed skepticism about whether QB Daunte Culpepper -- whose decision-making and ability to make quick reads have been questioned -- will be a good fit for new Dolphins HC Cam Cameron's offense.

Little bitter? :lol:

Also from KFFL

Cully Not a Good Fit? --

Hmm...skepticism from NFL people. :rolleyes2

IMO Joey will be the odd man out .He didnt seem to make any progress in the later part of the season.I think we have seen the best he has to offer.

However Cam might surprise us.

Dolphins | Harrington on way out?
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 08:59:42 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins QB Joey Harrington is unlikely to remain on the team's roster at his scheduled $3.48 million cap number. Harrington is also due a $1 million roster bonus in March, which the team is unlikely to pay.
If Cameron wants him to stay, I believe he would restructure his contract.

Very Much a class act! If he were as much a QB as a class act he would be HOF material.

IMO Joey will be the odd man out .He didnt seem to make any progress in the later part of the season.I think we have seen the best he has to offer.

However Cam might surprise us.

Yea Harrington did better in the beginning and worse at the end that generally indicates bad coaching and loss of confidence.

I agree Harrington is a class act, that is becoming a rarity in the NFL these days. Good kid, I hope he's not done yet. Would be nice to see him get some tutelage from Cameron.

I agree. Joey's enough of a team player and a good example for teammates that he should be allowed to learn under Cam's tutelage for at least 1 more year, provided he's willing to restructure his contract to better fit a 3rd string QB, as that is where I think he belongs on our roster.

Assuming a healthy Daunte starting, Cleo moves up to 2nd, Joey moves down to 3rd; the Dolphins end up with one of the deepest QB positions in the NFL. Hell, even as we are now, we're deeper and better than a great deal of the teams in the league, including the Patriots. Without Brady, that team is in major league trouble.

Yea man I don't get where Daunte is the favorite if you read these articles he clearly is not:

"Still, despite saying that he and Culpepper are building a relationship, Cameron didn't seem to be throwing his weight behind Culpepper, who is joined on the roster by Cleo Lemon and Joey Harrington."

I like it this way no favorites, may the best man win.

The way Ive been reading Cameron's comments and other news stories it seems Lemon is our guy going into 2007 not Daunte or Joey. I'm cool with that:dolphins:

I'd like to see what the kid has got. Whoever is the Dolphins Qb in 07 is obviously earned it.

Cameron's cautious about Culpepper I guess. Otherwise he'd name him the starter outright. If he were dumb enough to base his decisions on Culpepper's fantasy football...err...past productions, he'd have made him starter regardless. But this way is the best. Equal opportunity for all QB's on hopefully equal footing. Each of them have their positives and something Cameron can maybe improve on.

Back
Top Bottom