Khalif Barnes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Khalif Barnes

MadDawg020

SmartGuy
Reaction score
Is there any chance that we will trade up to take Khalif Barnes? I'm surprised this guy is still there. He was unbelievable at the Senior Bowl and Combine, and we all know Miami's need at LT, so that Vernon Carey can play his natural position at RT. Those would be two great bookends for years to come, with Ronnie Brown running behind them. Unless Saban thinks Barnes will fall to 46, I really think at this point he should trade up and try to get him.

Any thoughts?

That would really be great...I don't know how he falls that far though, coverage has cut out in Canada so I have no idea whats goin on right now...

Think we take Barnes at 46 if he's still there????
For some reason ithink we are gonna trade down. Or maybe I still just want the trade-down I was hoping for in round 1.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Inevitably someone nabs the guy I want a few picks earlier, like Deuce a few years ago. Khalif Barnes would be awesome at 46.

Awsi Dooger said:
I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Inevitably someone nabs the guy I want a few picks earlier, like Deuce a few years ago. Khalif Barnes would be awesome at 46.

Yeah, I'd do a backflip. And I don't even think I could do one. But if we land a 15-20 talent at #46 with seemingly no reason for his drop, I'd break some serious laws of physics.

we could trade up, so that we can get an extra 2nd rounder for Josh Bullocks....then take someone like Shaun Cody with #46. Khalif Barnes wont go into the 3rd round, but Jason Brown and Elton Brown probably will. Right now we have 2-3 guys battling for LT. I dont know what we are gonna do with John St. Clair, try him at Center??? As of now, we really dont have decent Centers...so if pick a Center in the 3rd. 4th round, is when Stefan Lefors comes in:cooldude: Then in the 5th round, id take a Wide Receiver just for the hell of it.

MadDawg020 said:
Is there any chance that we will trade up to take Khalif Barnes? I'm surprised this guy is still there. He was unbelievable at the Senior Bowl and Combine, and we all know Miami's need at LT, so that Vernon Carey can play his natural position at RT. Those would be two great bookends for years to come, with Ronnie Brown running behind them. Unless Saban thinks Barnes will fall to 46, I really think at this point he should trade up and try to get him.

Any thoughts?

No.

okay forget Shaun Cody

i guess if Khalif Barnes is still there come #46, take him. Then in the 3rd round, take Elton Brown. Or wait...Josh Bullocks....wait, then there is Ernest Shazor. Decisione decisions....

Elton Brown, Jason Brown, Richie Incognito, Ben Wilkerson, Vince Carter are still available Centers. ONE of them will end up a Dolphin. Preferrably Elton Brown.

looks like we are gonna have to go with Khalif Barnes at LT with our 2nd pick...if someone else doesnt take him. Then in the 3rd round, pickup Elton Brown. 4th round pickup a much needed QB. Im positive Walter or Lefors will still be there.

Back
Top Bottom