Khalif Barnes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Khalif Barnes

fiedler fan..jk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why didn't Saban take this guy with his 2nd round pick? This guy would help our front line a lot. I saw a couple of mock drafts where he was projected to go in the teens of the first round. Dont get me wrong...I like Roth and think he will be good but I think Barnes would have helped our o-line a lot.

I think by the fact that a lot of teams with offensive line problems passed him over and even took a different player (NE, Tenn. etc) should tell you that while gifted athletically, he may not develop as teams hope with his technique, strength, etc.

yeah i was surprised he slid that far and from a fan's point of view I would've preferred seeing him selected instead of Roth. And with all these DEs on our roster and a potential switch to the 3-4 could Jason Taylor be traded next year around draft time? I think so along with Zach even.:cry:

Taylor, Madison and Thomas all have limited futures with Miami.

They are expensive veterans who aren't necessarily suited to Saban's style and have trade value.

I'd be ok with them going except I love Taylor and would like for him to finish as a Phin.

Thomas and Madison are sliding, especially Madison.

You guys are all traders lol! Trade the core of our D away is disgusting hehehe.
Lets see how Roth and Crowder do first ok? If they do excel I see guys like Holiday, Bowens, Chester, and Seau gone long before Zach and Taylor.

As for Madison I think he has one more year here. After our next draft I expect he will be sent packing.

I wasn't endorsing the moves, merely saying what I think will happen because Saban is probably going Patriots philosophy on us.

Few big money stars, versatile players who play different roles and bigger defensive players all the way around.

Taylor and Thomas don't really fit this criteria.

fiedler fan..jk said:
Why didn't Saban take this guy with his 2nd round pick? This guy would help our front line a lot. I saw a couple of mock drafts where he was projected to go in the teens of the first round. Dont get me wrong...I like Roth and think he will be good but I think Barnes would have helped our o-line a lot.
Might have to do with him not being on the board when we picked.

PhinsTD said:
I wasn't endorsing the moves, merely saying what I think will happen because Saban is probably going Patriots philosophy on us.

Few big money stars, versatile players who play different roles and bigger defensive players all the way around.

Taylor and Thomas don't really fit this criteria.

I understand what you are saying but the fact is these guys are probowlers! Guys like these fit on almost any team including ours. If some one want to give up some major draft picks I would listen but as of now we keep them.

The above is all about Zach and Taylor, not Madison. I still like Madison but as every year passes he has become less of a player. With Surtain gone I cannot say he is the number one corner!

DolphanD said:
yeah i was surprised he slid that far and from a fan's point of view I would've preferred seeing him selected instead of Roth. And with all these DEs on our roster and a potential switch to the 3-4 could Jason Taylor be traded next year around draft time? I think so along with Zach even.:cry:
\

Yeah, the way Saban went after D players, one thing is for sure, Madison, Seau, Taylor will be gone next off season.

This is a guy that started a lot of games at tackle and is still considered a prospect.

That is a big worry.

Back
Top Bottom