Kicker to keep an eye on | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kicker to keep an eye on

I really like Daniel Carlson from Auburn, but it's going to take a higher draft pick to get him than I'm willing to part with. As a 7th round pick or UDFA sure, but not in the 4th or 5th round.

Good info. Bears overpayed for Parkey, I guess they just wanted some consistency. Fins should be able to replace him....I guess...

With Parkey signing with the Bears, keep an eye on the draft where the Dolphins maybe targeting
Florida kicker Eddy Pineiro.

He was the most accurate kicker in college this year with a 94% success rate and easily has the strongest leg in college football this year where he demonstrated it at the Combine blasting his Kick offs into the stands and connecting on a 60 yard FG with 12 yds to spare inside Lucas Stadium. All the other kickers were short on that attempt, by the way.
He is a Miami kid whose favorite team is the Miami Dolphins and he makes no secret to everyone about it! He interviewed with the Dolphins at the Combine and made sure they knew that the Dolphins were his favorite team and that it would be a dream come true if the Dolphins drafted him!

Can someone edit the title and get rid of the extra "K"? Lol

No problem, done.

The distance Pineiro gets on these kicks are impressive.

This is the type of Generational kicker that the Dolphins could draft and have play for them for 20 years. He will come in with the leg strength that will be tops in the league for years to come. And his accuracy was the best in the nation over the last two years.
He was 29/30 over the last two years for a 97% success rate! He is unfazed by the big stage evidenced by his 3/3 FG performance at LSU last year in front of 102,000 in attendance! And he wants to be a Miami Dolphin!

I think the aguayo thing is mental. Why not bring him in to compete?

Well, he got another chance in Chicago and failed horribly. Maybe he can fix it but why wait and see. Can just get another kicker without the mental block.

I'd rather get a kicker who will surely miss with the game on the line. We need to stop winning these close meaningless games when we clearly aren't going anywhere. Possibly cost us a franchise QB this year.

About one out of every 5 nfl games is decided by 3 points or less. The difference of winning versus losing those games can make a 6-10 team 9-7 or 10-6. That’s a big swing that has playoff implications and is far from meaningless. You’ve got to be able to win the close ones.

Back
Top Bottom