Kicking the tires | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kicking the tires

Padrefinfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am more of a fan of building or O and D lines and a lil D backfield with this draft. Perhaps looking at peeps like Dak or Jacoby (if there teams are stupid enough to let them go?) or Mariota? Create a competition at QB for a year and maybe more? I understand you think they all suck, and perhaps I am an idiot? But why not? They all have NFL time and are good QB's. All I am saying is I would hate to throw Tua/Herbert/Borrow into the fire only to see them melt.

I am more of a fan of building or O and D lines and a lil D backfield with this draft. Perhaps looking at peeps like Dak or Jacoby (if there teams are stupid enough to let them go?) or Mariota? Create a competition at QB for a year and maybe more? I understand you think they all suck, and perhaps I am an idiot? But why not? They all have NFL time and are good QB's. All I am saying is I would hate to throw Tua/Herbert/Borrow into the fire only to see them melt.
the offensive line will be built with a combination of free agency and the draft.

pass on all the re-treads. hopefully the front office has a conviction on one (or more) of the top QB prospects available this draft.

don't worry, we aren't rolling a highly drafted rookie QB out there until we're sure he isn't going to be slaughtered.

In a normal situation that may make sense, but this is not a normal situation. Ross and Grier will not go through a year of pain like this just to see if we might be able to turn Marcus Mariota into a serviceable QB, after all they traded a second Rosen and his days were numbered from the start. They know what they want and have shown willingness to do whatever it takes to get there. The QB and the lines will come together at the same time, with the QB sitting for a while if needs be. It's a risky plan but that attitude has been on display from day one of this process.

Since we are cursed and the only way to be sure to try and break that msy be to keep Rosen while drafting a high QB and still getting Mariota at a fare price and running with 3 for a few years.

Since we are cursed and the only way to be sure to try and break that msy be to keep Rosen while drafting a high QB and still getting Mariota at a fare price and running with 3 for a few years.
May not be bad ideas Mariota or Winston...until we find our qb of future..that would keep fan of coach back for year or 2...

The line can be built with 2 draft choices and 2 free Agents. We have 3-4 guys who are good enough backups already. Keep Rosen and let him compete (He needs to keep watching film; middle linebacker assignment and all) with our round 1 QB. If either or both don't look the part , draft another QB round 1 in 2021.

QB do not equal winz, but it's far and away the most important position in the game. If there is one that you feel can be your Guy for the next 10-15 years at your pick, you run the pick up without answering the phone, with a big smile on your face. Best be sure on your feelz though as you're unemployed in 2- 3 years if you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom