Kicking the tires | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kicking the tires

QB do not equal winz, but it's far and away the most important position in the game. If there is one that you feel can be your Guy for the next 10-15 years at your pick, you run the pick up without answering the phone, with a big smile on your face. Best be sure on your feelz though as you're unemployed in 2- 3 years if you are wrong.
And build the team around him with the plethora of picks we have incoming...

What really blows my mind and adds to my angst is that we can't seem to recognize a stud QB with one of the greatest QBs of all time on the staff. Marino and Elway couldn't find a top 5 QB if he sat with them at dinner. I find it strange. It is my belief that if we somehow stumbled upon Gardner W we would have him as 3rd string and would never of found his potential...Dolphin curse man. Thats why I want the first pick to leave ALL options open but I won't lose sleep if we take somebody not named Tua.

Some good points. Miami definitely has a big challenge ahead. It's not just about drafting the quarterback of the future, but surrounding that player with talent.

I personally don't think any of the quarterbacks you mentioned are top 10 quality and that would be my goal. Prescott is probably the best of those, but I doubt Dallas let's him get away. Plus, I view him as outside the top 10.

This offseason really has to be more about building the offense than the defense.

Jerry and Stephen gush over Prescott. 0.00000000000000000000000000001% chance he walks.

IMO their goal is to quickly rebuild after drafting a franchise QB, depending on if they get the 1st overall. If they miss out on Tua, I wonder if they'll go for Young or take Herbert.

If they hold the cards for the QB spot, then I expect some money to be spent in FA to shore up the line so the rook isn't David Carr'd

Last edited:
I am more of a fan of building or O and D lines and a lil D backfield with this draft. Perhaps looking at peeps like Dak or Jacoby (if there teams are stupid enough to let them go?) or Mariota? Create a competition at QB for a year and maybe more? I understand you think they all suck, and perhaps I am an idiot? But why not? They all have NFL time and are good QB's. All I am saying is I would hate to throw Tua/Herbert/Borrow into the fire only to see them melt.
This model has been tried numerous times since Marino retired. Instead of drafting a top notch QB prospect we have signed other teams castoffs or the hot back up who looked good a couple games. In the draft we have passed on Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers and Matt Ryan when we needed a long term solution at QB.

Learn from past lessons and get the QB first then build around him.

the offensive line will be built with a combination of free agency and the draft.

pass on all the re-treads. hopefully the front office has a conviction on one (or more) of the top QB prospects available this draft.

don't worry, we aren't rolling a highly drafted rookie QB out there until we're sure he isn't going to be slaughtered.
I wonder if this is why Rosen is not starting. They do not want him hurt until Ol better.

I wonder if this is why Rosen is not starting. They do not want him hurt until Ol better.
I thought that was the reason to start the season.

That they wanted to see the OL before putting Rosen out there.

Now I think he isn't processing the information fast enough for him to be successful in the offense.

I thought that was the reason to start the season.

That they wanted to see the OL before putting Rosen out there.

Now I think he isn't processing the information fast enough for him to be successful in the offense.
I never played or coached, but it does seem that the ability to read the defense and quickly go through progressions is more important than size or arm.

I never played or coached, but it does seem that the ability to read the defense and quickly go through progressions is more important than size or arm.
Absolutely.

If Rosen shows in practice that he's improved in that area, we will see him starting again. If not, the Fitzy show will continue.

QB do not equal winz, but it's far and away the most important position in the game. If there is one that you feel can be your Guy for the next 10-15 years at your pick, you run the pick up without answering the phone, with a big smile on your face. Best be sure on your feelz though as you're unemployed in 2- 3 years if you are wrong.
You got that right

Absolutely.

If Rosen shows in practice that he's improved in that area, we will see him starting again. If not, the Fitzy show will continue.

Fitzpatrick might just get hot enough for a 3-4 game stretch that he plays us right into the hands of AJ Epenesa...

I would love to see the fake love surrounding that situation.

Fitzpatrick might just get hot enough for a 3-4 game stretch that he plays us right into the hands of AJ Epenesa...

I would love to see the fake love surrounding that situation.
Can any hot Fitz stretch include beating the Jests, please?

I'm just not seeing it out of him (or the team) this season.

Back
Top Bottom