Kicking the tires | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kicking the tires

Can any hot Fitz stretch include beating the Jests, please?

I'm just not seeing it out of him (or the team) this season.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills go down in flames, but being a Phins fan has made me patient if nothing else. All those 3rd and 9 screens to Thurman Thomas had built up quite a bit of animosity toward Buffalo...but I have my eye on the prize.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills go down in flames, but being a Phins fan has made me patient if nothing else. All those 3rd and 9 screens to Thurman Thomas had built up quite a bit of animosity toward Buffalo...but I have my eye on the prize.
I hate the Bills, but not with the same animosity as the Jets.

And now that Gase is there, wow.

The hatred is white hot.

I hate the Bills, but not with the same animosity as the Jets.

And now that Gase is there, wow.

The hatred is white hot.
Oh....

I obviously tried to forget about Gase because I momentarily did...I still hate the Bills more.

There are some threads where at the end of reading you’re like, hey that was an enjoyable thread and topic discussion. And then there’s this one, where your just wanna pour gasoline over yourself and light a match. And that’s only after a handful of posts deep. C146BCCF-862A-438E-BBE7-2917A0C12009.jpeg

I wonder if this is why Rosen is not starting. They do not want him hurt until Ol better.
I think Flores was pretty clear about that. Fitz replaced Rosen because Rosen looks for the home run first when under pressure rather than checking down and try to go the safe route or just throw the ball away.
That was apparent in the game against the Redskins. You could literally see how he only had eyes down field while on the run and forgot the safe play.

Remember when I told you all the play Rosen lost the starting gig for sure in preseason. It was beautiful pass, a bullet for a first down. But it was the unsafe solution and he overlooked the safe option underneath. Not to play it safe is a carnal sin in a Patriots offense or any hybrid of that offense.

I am more of a fan of building or O and D lines and a lil D backfield with this draft. Perhaps looking at peeps like Dak or Jacoby (if there teams are stupid enough to let them go?) or Mariota? Create a competition at QB for a year and maybe more? I understand you think they all suck, and perhaps I am an idiot? But why not? They all have NFL time and are good QB's. All I am saying is I would hate to throw Tua/Herbert/Borrow into the fire only to see them melt.

thats exactly the sort of wrongheaded thinking that got us Ronnie brown over Aaron friggin Rodgers and Jake frigging Long over Matt Ryan that’s why.

draft the fat guys later. When u need a franchise Qb and you are drafting high enough to get one in a draft class with a strong QB group of prospects you pick the best one you are able to get your hands on and u draft your linemen later! It’s not even a question.

1. Ronnie Brown was a HB? But I agree that taking a skill position when your team is not good enough is stupid? But in context, I do not know why you are arguing with yourself?
2. Everybody whiffed on Aaron except GB. But ......yeah
3. Jake Long was a great pick and player, 4 time pro bowler not good enough? Was it that he was great and got injured? If so...yeah those bastards should have known better! Damn injury non foreseers!
4. Matt Ryan is also a 4 time pro bowler, but what has he won? What have the Falcons won? Mediocrity? *Edit* Yes, I admit stupidity here. They have done quite well.* Aren't they looking to replace him this year in the draft?
Fat guys make the TEAM work! Peri..(using your fbomb edit) friggin..od! Too many rookies with so much talent, burn out in the league after a bad start or getting crushed. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon, won a ships jackass! How are most early round QB drafting teams doing this year? Let me save you the suspense...Since 2016, teams drafting a QB in the top 10 are 33-41-1! WHOA SIGN ME UP! You are so smart! (sorry, un-called for...triggered for putting me on blast). But teams drafting "fat guys" in that same period... 55-38, how are the 49's doing this year? Hold my beer while I check their drafts for you? Did they draft their QB? But maybe you have this fantasy of drafting a sexy QB and naming him prom king and he will be your best friend? (again un-called for...I understand you guys are from the madden game culture). So I totally disagree with you. Oh yeah, the facts and numbers do to as well. Screw it.... Let Fitzbeard run the show next season. That old man is still a banger and makes **** happen! Plus his beard is so epic, that my chest hairs get longer every time I look at him! :p

Last edited:
From the NY Daily News:

"He was a ****y, arrogant losing head coach in Miami, who acted like he had won the brass ring. In the end, he might wind up being nothing more than a Peyton Manning creation, just another guy who hopped on No. 18’s gravy train to secure more jobs and money.

Time will reveal who Adam Gase really is, but this much is clear right now: He’s making the Jets worse with each passing day."

Also as a Ducks fan...Taggart losing and getting fired was SOOO Very Satisfying! But, I agree...Gase is indeed terrible as a head coach.

3. Jake Long was a great pick and player, 4 time pro bowler not good enough? Was it that he was great and got injured? If so...yeah those bastards should have known better! Damn injury non foreseers!
4. Matt Ryan is also a 4 time pro bowler, but what has he won? What have the Falcons won? Mediocrity? *Edit* Yes, I admit stupidity here. They have done quite well.* Aren't they looking to replace him this year in the draft?
The falcons misery is not attributed to Matt Ryan and NO, as dumb as Dimitroff/Quinn may seem, they aren't getting another QB. They have gone from loserville (this year notwithstanding), to winning for some time now. The Dolphins shouldn't force pick a QB, but if they have conviction on one, it's the only first pick that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom