Kiko Alonso Could Be One Of Many Dolphins Cap Casualties | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiko Alonso Could Be One Of Many Dolphins Cap Casualties

Kind of sick of the tanking talk
There is no reason why the rebuild cannot be a work in progress while we compete
Good coaching identifying solid players which all other teams find through the draft and FA and masking of weaknesses with playcalling and scheme through it can really help
I may be a sucker but as reluctant as I was to accept Flores I do like what I am seeing with all the info I have been reading
Maybe we got a good one and I will trust him to point us to a winning path from day 1
Well said :cheers:

lb class is so bad might want to buy yourself a year.

I do want to take a look at the new mexico st kid and the Stanford one. thought they flashed for me a little bit senior bowl week.

I think if you are going to strip down and do a full rebuild and you are playing for nothing this season anyway, there's no reason why we shouldn't look to trade/cut Kiko. Is his contract bad? Not at all, but he isn't going to to do anything for us that a cheap FA on a 1 year deal can't do for less money.

I could see how, coming from New England, Flores wouldn't care for the type of player Alonso is.

I thought this as well. You know what New England rarely takes? Stupid penalties.

Coverage ability aside, Alonso does some things that are just stupid several times a year.

I've given up on Kiko, and it takes me a while.

That hit that got him kicked out of one of the games late in the season was just ridiculous, decent football player but an idiot, adios.

BTW, I called this! (if it comes true, they have no leverage)

“Talking to sources today, I found out that the Philadelphia Eagles are likely to let Nick Foles free and clear — without any sort of [franchise] tag and trade scenario, which is something people thought they might do. They thought they might go ahead and tag him and try to trade him away. But from what I’m told, they don’t have the salary cap space to do that. Because of that, you’re going to see Nick Foles free and clear.”

- Denver radio host Cecil Lammey

LOL Rapoport, "they turned down an offer for a second-round pick for Foles. The price may have gone up."

Only the Vikings are stupid enough to make these kinds of trades but they broke again chasing the dragon (again).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...foles-expected-to-be-in-demand-this-offseason

Last edited:
I could see how, coming from New England, Flores wouldn't care for the type of player Alonso is.

Someone who's engine is non-stop, and tends to be one of the top tacklers on his team, and the NFL each year would not be appreciated by someone coming from NE?

I know what you're saying, I know his pass coverage is not very good, and he tends to be inconsistent in play recagnition, but really few LBs really are great in pass-coverage, or being two steps ahead of an offense, but on the other hand, he does tend to always be around the ball, and tends to create turn-overs by the ton.

Kiko is the best LB we have at this point...but clearly needs upgrading..Our Starting LBing core must be on a better standard than what Kiko brings to the table in order to actually compete with the quality NFL teams.
McMillan another flip a coin what player is showing up, not per game but per play, sadly not near enough consistency to start. Baker, something to keep an eye on and to early to tell but shows some nice ability.
One of the signs of using the rebuild is because of whole areas of the team needing a higher standard of starting quality.....several players needing replacement much like the DL and OL, and some of the DB's and in doing so also bringing in positions possibly not critical yet but when the team is actually good they need to be there, so Youth is another Synonym for rebuild...

It is kind of sad that Kiko who I admire for leaving it all out on the field shouldn't even be a second thought about replacing as a Starter... backup fine...
IMO he better be considered being replaced and not because of cap space, but that would be an added bonus....Our LB's sucked and sucked for some time.... reconstruction is in order IMO..

I think Ross finally realized the players who've been signed to these contracts haven't lived up to the contract they signed. Which is why Mike Tannenbaum is no longer employed. Over spending just to spend or at least the perception to spend hurt the team. The only player who was not re-signed that made sense was Jarvis Landry. Olivier Vernon and Lamar Miller both have been productive players since leaving Miami at very reasonable contracts. Especially when you consider the albatross of contracts that were given to players like Suh, Branch and Mario Williams all of whom didn't live up to their contract status. You can include Ryan Tannehill too. It's not going to surprise me one bit if 90% of the bigger contracts that are cuttable with minimal cap ramifications are gone in the next 2 years. Alonzo, Jones and McDonald all come to mind. On top of the expected cuts in Branch and Parker.

If Flores is the type of coach that dumps talent because of their personality, then I don't want him. We've had enough of that with Philbin and Gase.

If part of your job as a coach is to manage personalities and you ship out talent because of the personality, then you are just admitting you aren't capable at doing your job.

Kiko is the best LB we have at this point...but clearly needs upgrading..Our Starting LBing core must be on a better standard than what Kiko brings to the table in order to actually compete with the quality NFL teams.
McMillan another flip a coin what player is showing up, not per game but per play, sadly not near enough consistency to start. Baker, something to keep an eye on and to early to tell but shows some nice ability.
One of the signs of using the rebuild is because of whole areas of the team needing a higher standard of starting quality.....several players needing replacement much like the DL and OL, and some of the DB's and in doing so also bringing in positions possibly not critical yet but when the team is actually good they need to be there, so Youth is another Synonym for rebuild...

It is kind of sad that Kiko who I admire for leaving it all out on the field shouldn't even be a second thought about replacing as a Starter... backup fine...
IMO he better be considered being replaced and not because of cap space, but that would be an added bonus....Our LB's sucked and sucked for some time.... reconstruction is in order IMO..

Not singling you out, but, given most teams are staffed with average players, I'd like some opinions on which players should be kept and a rationale for not keeping them. Yes, every fan of every team wants to upgrade the team to nothing but top 10 players, but that's a pipe dream. In this case, maybe get an upgrade at 1 LB spot and 1DT. Nonetheless, I see no need in jettisoning a fwe average players and picking up replacement average players.

I also tend to think he has minimal trade value. Take what you can get, Miami.

People need to realize that Baker immediately slides into his spot and he isn't missed for a second ... given the D doesn't undergo a radical scheme change ... where Alonso would be probably be gone regardless.

Not singling you out, but, given most teams are staffed with average players, I'd like some opinions on which players should be kept and a rationale for not keeping them. Yes, every fan of every team wants to upgrade the team to nothing but top 10 players, but that's a pipe dream. In this case, maybe get an upgrade at 1 LB spot and 1DT. Nonetheless, I see no need in jettisoning a fwe average players and picking up replacement average players.

I don't think I said we need to demolish the whole team next month. Obviously this has to take a planned approach and not something that can be all fixed overnight. Thats why it is a rebuilding process. Now knowing its not an overnight process and knowing it may take minimum 2-3 years to be legit doesn't take away from the quality shown these past years to judge who's most likely needed to be replaced. Because from that evaluation the process of a "ReBuild" makes sense.

And the art of a truly talented GM and HC is doing it in the most efficient and expedient way with the anticipation of actually being for real next season not even a consideration because the whole process is built around the actual plan that takes much more time...

Upgrading the pushing average to average or above with the sprinkling of a real young stud if economically doable to sustain the upgrade needed...
Not a quick process and I'd move any of our starters this year except Baker, I want to see more of him and like the speed aspect which would probably be a factor in the upgrades... JMO

Back
Top Bottom