Kiko to the Saints. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiko to the Saints.

That's not the point. The guy was out the door already and to be able to off load that contract and get ANYTHING for him is impressive.

Kiko traded to the Saints for a Bagel...er...Beagle....Biegle

Kiko traded to the Saints for a Bagel...er...Beagle....Biegle
He looks like he's in shape:

574bde02a5ff8fcc9c14748558d9e5a3--saints-football-who-dat.jpg

Bill Belichick's #1 focus is on winning the Turnover Differential. It's fairly simple and has two major components.

1) Generate a lot of Takeaways.
2) Don't turn over the ball often.

Really is that simple. As for the first part, Takeaways, we have only had one LB in the past decade who really generated many takeaways, and his name was Kiko Alonso. So regardless of whether you like Jerome Baker, Raekwon McMillan, Eguovan (sp?), Van Ginkel, or any other LB … they're not the answer. Why? Because they don't generate many takeaways … none of them. This simply means we'll have to find a LB to replace them that generates takeaways. I'm not advocating for keeping Kiko, he's gone and that was to be expected at his age and salary. Just pointing out that we lose INT's, we lose forced fumbles, and yes, even the easiest stat of all, recovered fumbles.

If we're going to use the Bill Belichick system, we need to implement his #1 focus … and that will require generating more takeaways. Among our current LB's, none of them really do enough of that.

Thank you Kiko for your service and loyalty. Sorry it had to end this way. Good luck in New Orleans.

And to the current Dolphins LB corps., let this serve as your notice, start generating takeaways or you're likely to be replaced.

So this was a salary improvement?
I am not criticizing, just trying to understand

Kiko sat on a 2019 6.6 Mill contract (+ 6 Mill next year). Biegel dude makes 600,000. That is 1/10 of Kiko dollars (the new designation for wasted money - Kiko Dollars).
How much would that be in Suhmolians?

According to Spotrac, we've got 1.75M in dead money for kiko this year & no dead money in 2020. If that's true, this was another great trade by Grier. I never thought we'd be able to trade Kiko without eating a lot of that contract.

If you mention politics your post will be deleted

If you attack other members your post will be deleted

Play nice or be banned from the discussion

Do not reply just follow the rules guys

Before yesterday, this trade would have bothered me. I didn’t see the point of dumping Kiko - why give up decent depth at the LB position for cap space? Today, who cares?

One thing I don’t understand at this point - why exactly do we need $130-140M in cap space? Everything we’re being told and shown indicates that this team is done being big-splash players in free agency. It’s not the “Patriot Way”. The Patriots don’t pay big money for offensive linemen. Etc. etc.

So what do we do with massive cap space?

Before yesterday, this trade would have bothered me. I didn’t see the point of dumping Kiko - why give up decent depth at the LB position for cap space? Today, who cares?

One thing I don’t understand at this point - why exactly do we need $130-140M in cap space? Everything we’re being told and shown indicates that this team is done being big-splash players in free agency. It’s not the “Patriot Way”. The Patriots don’t pay big money for offensive linemen. Etc. etc.

So what do we do with massive cap space?
Some will go to players already on the team as their rookie deals end. We will at some point get some free agents too.

Biegel try hard rush lb type.

Patriots type. Good size good length.

Miami sure likes former badgers

Back
Top Bottom