Killer Instinct; or lack thereof. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Killer Instinct; or lack thereof.

phinphan4life

Obscure obfuscation
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
While I feel relatively confident in our ability to make it to the post-season this year,(feels good to say that out loud) I don't feel nearly as confident that we'll win if and when we get there. My primary cause for concern has been our inability to put teams away. Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy we're winning the same types of games we were losing last year and in years past. I just think we could be doing a whole lot more to step on the opposing teams throat.

I know that our success thus far has been largely predicated on the fact that we've protected the ball, and were on our way to setting the record for fewest turnovers in a season. But I'm not asking for a drastic overhaul of our offensive playbook. Just a minimum of 2 shots downfield a game. If Chad doesn't think it's there, throw it anyway. Just throw it deep and out of bounds. At least give the defense the impression that we'll go deep. The time will come when our defense won't be able to keep the other team out of the endzone, (Patriots :shakeno:) and we're going to need to put up 30+ points. We can't do that if we continue to play not to lose. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Thoughts?

While I feel relatively confident in our ability to make it to the post-season this year,(feels good to say that out loud) I don't feel nearly as confident that we'll win if and when we get there. My primary cause for concern has been our inability to put teams away. Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy we're winning the same types of games we were losing last year and in years past. I just think we could be doing a whole lot more to step on the opposing teams throat.

I know that our success thus far has been largely predicated on the fact that we've protected the ball, and were on our way to setting the record for fewest turnovers in a season. But I'm not asking for a drastic overhaul of our offensive playbook. Just a minimum of 2 shots downfield a game. If Chad doesn't think it's there, throw it anyway. Just throw it deep and out of bounds. At least give the defense the impression that we'll go deep. The time will come when our defense won't be able to keep the other team out of the endzone, (Patriots :shakeno:) and we're going to need to put up 30+ points. We can't do that if we continue to play not to lose. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Thoughts?

First off, this is my first post here. I'm a fellow atlien and it's good to see other people from atl are fin fans. I feel basically the same way you do. We need to stop being so conservative and air the ball out more. We definitely need to give Ronnie and Ricky the ball more, like on screens and stuff. But you mentioned the Patriots. I'm deathly afraid of them. I hope we don't see them in the playoffs if we make it.

First off, this is my first post here. I'm a fellow atlien and it's good to see other people from atl are fin fans. I feel basically the same way you do. We need to stop being so conservative and air the ball out more. We definitely need to give Ronnie and Ricky the ball more, like on screens and stuff. But you mentioned the Patriots. I'm deathly afraid of them. I hope we don't see them in the playoffs if we make it.

Welcome to finheaven. Glad to have you. I can understand your trepidation about the Patriots. I'd definitely prefer not see them again this year. I think we need to adopt the attitude that we have to outscore our opponents. And I don't mean 10 to 9. Set a goal to score 30 points, and devise a gameplan that'll get us there. Maybe it's just me but I don't see that.

Welcome to finheaven. Glad to have you. I can understand your trepidation about the Patriots. I'd definitely prefer not see them again this year. I think we need to adopt the attitude that we have to outscore our opponents. And I don't mean 10 to 9. Set a goal to score 30 points, and devise a gameplan that'll get us there. Maybe it's just me but I don't see that.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I agree with you well have to score a lot more points if we make it to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom