Kinda makes me think of Zack Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kinda makes me think of Zack Thomas

The LB I really like is Mike Rose (Iowa State).

I was bummed when he decided to return to college for the 2021 season. At the time, the thought of the phins LB corps consisting of AVG, KVN, Baker, Rose, & Beigel really really excited me

When the league is zigging, Coach Flo is zagging. The NFL is moving way from traditional thumper LB's to hybrid LB/SS variations with extreme speed and good coverage ability. But, our defense is based on the principle that we want hybrid LB/DE types, so instead of smaller faster guys, we want bigger, longer rangy guys to set the edge and run the passer funneling the ball carrier into the middle on run plays, and allowing them to edge-rush and/or blitz the A gap on pass plays. This front 6 versatility allows us to overload blitz, stunt, drop guys where QB's don't expect them, and wreck passing offenses from a pass rush standpoint, while mitigating chunk plays in the run game by funneling everything inside and collapsing.

I don't see us going for an undersized fleet footed guy. If we wanted that, we'd have already re-signed Jerome Baker ... and it looks like we're going to be letting him go after this season.

We added Bernardrick McKinney, and if he's going to succeed here he'll be tackling everything we funnel into the middle in the run game ... which means we're doubling down on our hybrid OLB/DE types who can set the edge, rush the passer, and are smart enough to master 3 or more positions and athletic enough to execute their roles consistently. To me, that means we're looking for DE/OLB types like Jaelan Phillips of The U, or OLB/DE types like Charles Snowden of The University, or a dominant OLB/MLB/DE like Zaven Collins of .... Tulsa. Those guys can bring a defense like Coach Flo's alive and help McKinney make the Pro Bowl again by registering a gajillion tackles and shoring up our porous run defense. But we'll need to generate that pass rush, because McKinney is an orange traffic cone in coverage.

The Steelers always find stud linebackers . From there website a great article n this guy. 4.57 speed and attitude
I guess I would rather have him then face him . But it’s just my opinion. FLO was up close a5 the senior bowl to watch him . Time will tell

If he could be anything close to ZT I would take him at 6, ZT is probably one of my fav Fins

Back
Top Bottom