Kindley eats himself out of the league? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kindley eats himself out of the league?

It's funny I made a post about our Overweight O-line last year and was called every name in the book because lot of people here believe Lineman are supposed to be slobs missing games with ankle and feet problems. I stopped posting my own thread due all the hate I received.
Lineman aren't supposed to be grossly overweight. Our O-line had weight issues last year too.
If your Lineman are out games because they can't walk you need to in force weight restrictions.
Agreed, I want OL DL trim fit and mobile. Too big just slow you down. Lineman is all about footwork and quick feet, not how big you are.
Now if he is 340 and has quick feet and good footwork, then you have the best of both worlds.

I agree with some of you who say it's only 10 pounds and he can work out in the heat and drop it. Even though I agree with you, I don't like it. I want him to have more drive. Look at Tua busting his *** to try to improve so he can give us the best him that he can give. I would have liked for Kindley to have busted his *** and came into camp in great shape rather than wait till camp to start working on it. We need him to be better than he was last year and even though we assume that he will be better in his second year, he won't be if he does not put in the work and try.
Can not agree with you more. NFL now is a full time job. Not working only 7 months out of a year.

We work 5 days a week, 8 hr a day. Ok, players can have two months vacation after the season, then get back to work and put in a good 40 hr work week. You and I are doing it. Its not much to ask for.

I don't like the idea of using the camp to get in shape .

Agreed, I want OL DL trim fit and mobile. Too big just slow you down. Lineman is all about footwork and quick feet, not how big you are.
Now if he is 340 and has quick feet and good footwork, then you have the best of both worlds.

If this were true, we would see a bunch of 250 pound lineman. The truth of the matter is, the more mass, the more mass you can move. That is a proven fact. There needs to be a healthy medium of all things. But how big you are is absolutely a major factor of success for offensive lineman.

Maybe I misunderstand, but if this were an accurate template, 32 NFL teams would have "trim" OLmen. They don't.

It is the off season and "writers" are looking for clicks. omar is the worst we've ever had and it's not even close. There's nothing to see here at this point.

rehashes the takes of other journalists, then uses those as "sources" to back up his narrative.

Can't really blame the guy for that, it's commonly accepted practice today. Hell, we just had a couple of major scandals involving this kind of behavior by members of the US intelligence community. I'd say Omar's in pretty good company.

:cheers:

Maybe I misunderstand, but if this were an accurate template, 32 NFL teams would have "trim" OLmen. They don't.
Of cause they don't. Weight, height, arm lenght....you can quantify. And the team GM/scout can use it to justify their acquisitions. It is call cover your azz. Fairly common in all organizations.

It takes guts and risk to take someone like JT.

I can’t take the observation serious considering the source, I’m not sure if he knows how to evaluate a physique, the genetics, the frame, the symmetrical balance of the physique, the body fat ratio..

5 pages discussing something Omar thinks he saw as a professional weight analyzer.

I can’t take the observation serious considering the source, I’m not sure if he knows how to evaluate a physique, the genetics, the frame, the symmetrical balance of the physique, the body fat ratio..
I am not gonna defense Omar. And I feel he always have a agenda against certain players. I gave up reading him on Sun Sentinel long time ago.
Being said that, I think, you, me, or Omar can tell whether a person is fat or not by just looking at them. It doesn't need to check out all your criterias.

But the best ones ARE trim though. By trim, I mean within reason, as in Orlando Pace who was rather large was 325lbs at 6-7. Kindley is 6-4 340lbs. Fat is not better for Lineman. That, is a fact.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom