Kindley eats himself out of the league? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kindley eats himself out of the league?

Guards have traditionally been fat... like sumo wrestlers.

Yes, there is a point where it is too much, but greater body mass is helpful when your game is being a mauler.

Flores and the staff will determine what weight works best for Kindley... not us.
Yep and body weight has nothing to do with strength or cardio fitness. I trust nothing that moron Omar has to say.

I am not gonna defense Omar. And I feel he always have a agenda against certain players. I gave up reading him on Sun Sentinel long time ago.
Being said that, I think, you, me, or Omar can tell whether a person is fat or not by just looking at them. It doesn't need to check out all your criterias.
There is very good reason why they make these prospects get down to their undies, you’ve really got to know what to look for.

It could be easily be miss evaluated as a fat guy. Jmo bud

That being said, he was overweight and needed to get in better shape, but does Omar know where he is relative to last year.

Wanted to add this. Apparently we had the fattest O-line in Dolphins history last year. How well did that workout? I guess drafting a much slimmer Tackle this year answers that question. Also, please skim that article at least.

Fatter is not better.

So if I understand correctly....we are wondering if it's possible that a guy we know weighs over 325 might have come in with some extra weight?

At 315 where I am now I feel like a giant slob that can barely get up off the beach sand. At 270 I'm a Wildman and feel amazing. At 270 I feel great but after Covid and gaining nearly 50lbs my knees hurt all the time. My ankles and feet ache. I feel like crap.
I don't see how these dudes play football 60-70 lbs overweight.
Orlando Pace was not slim and he was 325 at 6-7. If you are 350 at 6-4 you will have a lot more injuries and a shorter career.
Flo, needs to get these dudes on a weight limit for in season.

90+ degrees and 100% humidity at training camp will solve the problem or he drops dead from heat exhaustion. Lol
Well, it didn't fix the issue last year, and he's got less to prove as a sophomore. I'll be watching this one closely, as I really like Kindley and greatly want him to succeed.

Football Outsiders listed their "Snap weighted" height weight and BMI for teams units. Just off season trivia, but FWIW last season the Dolphins had:

-The 3rd shortest QB's, but 3rd highest BMI Qbs. Fitz had his cake weight!
-The lightest and thinnest (lowest BMI) RB's in the league.
-The 2nd tallest TE group in the league.
-The 6th tallest and 7th heaviest snap weighted O-lline in the league.
-The tallest D-line group in the league.

The rest of the units were around the middle, nothing stood out.

Football Outsiders listed their "Snap weighted" height weight and BMI for teams units. Just off season trivia, but FWIW last season the Dolphins had:

-The 3rd shortest QB's, but 3rd highest BMI Qbs. Fitz had his cake weight!
-The lightest and thinnest (lowest BMI) RB's in the league.
-The 2nd tallest TE group in the league.
-The 6th tallest and 7th heaviest snap weighted O-lline in the league.
-The tallest D-line group in the league.

The rest of the units were around the middle, nothing stood out.
I don't think any of this is especially noteworthy other than the fleet of small RBs... and I think we've rectified this problem with the additions of Doaks and Brown.

Back
Top Bottom