Kindley first draft pick under contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kindley first draft pick under contract

Louisiana Lafayette
While I think you're basically correct in that they are building the Oline with 2021 in mind, I think you're too negative on the prospects. 2021 is fine as that is when we'll be expecting to do meaningful things and oline makes that happen as much as any unit on the team.

Jackson has the traits you look for in a 10 year LT. At 20, he wont have his man strength yet, but a year in an NFL strength program will be just what is needed. He'll likely get a lot of OJT this year, which will be ugly at times, but probably great in the long run. I expect he'll be a starter relatively quickly and think it's more plan than hope that he holds down the LT spot into the 2030s...

It's been pointed out that Louisiana Lafayette played Alabama and Miss State. Ive not watch much tape on Hunt but Ive not heard the negativity from others that you have. Sounds like he is tailor made for RG with, perhaps, the feet to do well at RT. I like that he supposedly brings a mauler's game to the line. Way too much finesse on our oline since Long fell apart.

4th round Guard with Kindley...another mauler and physical traits you like to see. Sign me up to take a shot with him turning into a solid starter or good depth. Not every player has to be Pro Bowl...

While I think you're basically correct in that they are building the Oline with 2021 in mind, I think you're too negative on the prospects. 2021 is fine as that is when we'll be expecting to do meaningful things and oline makes that happen as much as any unit on the team.

Jackson has the traits you look for in a 10 year LT. At 20, he wont have his man strength yet, but a year in an NFL strength program will be just what is needed. He'll likely get a lot of OJT this year, which will be ugly at times, but probably great in the long run. I expect he'll be a starter relatively quickly and think it's more plan than hope that he holds down the LT spot into the 2030s...

It's been pointed out that Louisiana Lafayette played Alabama and Miss State. Ive not watch much tape on Hunt but Ive not heard the negativity from others that you have. Sounds like he is tailor made for RG with, perhaps, the feet to do well at RT. I like that he supposedly brings a mauler's game to the line. Way too much finesse on our oline since Long fell apart.

4th round Guard with Kindley...another mauler and physical traits you like to see. Sign me up to take a shot with him turning into a solid starter or good depth. Not every player has to be Pro Bowl...
Actually not sure which post specifically you're referring to brother, but you're making some of the exact same observations I have made. I don't dislike the Austin Jackson pick ... just that he's very young, one of the youngest OT's in this draft. He's also just now recovering from the bone marrow transplant and rounding into football shape. His body still needs to add muscle to be ready for the NFL, and he hasn't mastered the technique used. I am not down on the prospect, just saying that he's a 2021 prospect, not a starter in 2020. You're agreeing with me. My biggest dislikes with this pick is that he was overdrafted because of need (we didn't bite the bullet and move up to get one of the top 4 prospects), and he is NOT ready in 2020. That's all.

I'm actually also good with the Kindley pick ... just disappointed that we didn't do as well with the 1st and 2nd rounders.

No, I do not like the Robert Hunt pick. Call me crazy for not liking all the picks. Remember, I loved the Xavien Howard pick, and disliked the Leonte Caroo pick, yet everyone trashed me for one or both of those opinions. I like who I think will be good. I don't think Hunt is one of those players.

WOW.... Negative much?
I call 'em like I see 'em. Most of the time I"m called a homer for always loving everything we do, but the truth is that I have things I like and dislike about our moves most of the time, and people want to either paint me as all good or all bad. Just my $0.02 of it all.

Last edited:
Actually not sure which post specifically you're referring to brother, but you're making some of the exact same observations I have made. I don't dislike the Austin Jackson pick ... just that he's very young, one of the youngest OT's in this draft. He's also just now recovering from the bone marrow transplant and rounding into football shape. His body still needs to add muscle to be ready for the NFL, and he hasn't mastered the technique used. I am not down on the prospect, just saying that he's a 2021 prospect, not a starter in 2020. You're agreeing with me. My biggest dislikes with this pick is that he was overdrafted because of need (we didn't bite the bullet and move up to get one of the top 4 prospects), and he is NOT ready in 2020. That's all.

I'm actually also good with the Kindley pick ... just disappointed that we didn't do as well with the 1st and 2nd rounders.

No, I do not like the Robert Hunt pick. Call me crazy for not liking all the picks. Remember, I loved the Xavien Howard pick, and disliked the Leonte Caroo pick, yet everyone trashed me for one or both of those opinions. I like who I think will be good. I don't think Hunt is one of those players.
Sorry, messed up the quote when I responded. I was replying to the one below. To your point, I was mostly agreeing with your take but I'm more optimistic in general about our OLine in 20 and definitely beyond. Honestly it just may be that we actually seemed to acknowledge that the Oline is a unit worth investing draft and FA capital that has me feeling good.

I did not follow Hunt well enough to criticize or call you crazy...I've read enough that he has some physical traits and attitude to help turn our Oline into a force rather than the laughing stock of the last 5 or so years that Im cautiously optimistic.
…..
No .. no they didn't.

1. OT Austin Jackson in the 1st round - Not in 2020
Had bone marrow transplant (he donated to his sister) prior to the 2019 offseason and was way out of shape to start the season, which was to be expected. He just started to round into shape in the latter half of the 2019 season. He was one of the youngest OT's in the draft, and has lots of potential, but ...

In before someone tells me this straight line guy can play tackle too

Back
Top Bottom