Kiper just predicted the Phins will take Clayton at 20 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper just predicted the Phins will take Clayton at 20

Clayton's 40 time was misleading as I stated 5-10 times. He's still very unpolished and I'd prefer Rashaun Woods over him if Reggie is gone. Woods would come in and spark our offense with an immedient impact and his route running will help Chambers out downfield.

would anybody be disappointed with trading down a little and getting jenkins and a third or fourth rounder? i think that once you get past the top four receivers, you can throw a blanket on the next four or five including woods, jenkins and evans. jmo of course

Originally posted by touborg

Heard Jared Lorenzen is the jills first pick.

Well he has to be better than Griese was for you guys right.:D

Originally posted by slubeaner
would anybody be disappointed with trading down a little and getting jenkins and a third or fourth rounder? i think that once you get past the top four receivers, you can throw a blanket on the next four or five including woods, jenkins and evans. jmo of course

I love Jenkins. Big, fast receiver who isn't much of a blazer but has enough speed to go downfield. However, I'm beginning to be completely sold on Rashaun Woods and I would be disappointed if the big four were gone and we pass on him. We'll see..

Don't forget the comments that Spielman had one Woods in a combine article. He classified him as a "stud".

Originally posted by The Spaz
Could you please tell me who he said the Bills would get although my guess is he said Will Smith.:)

He predicted the Bills would go after either Gamble or DeAngelo Hall of Virginia Tech to replace Winfield at CB.

Originally posted by Hellion

True but Zereoue(sp) is still out there and the Steelers could resign him. I think if Rivers is there for them how can you not take him.

Zereoue sucks as a starter. He'll never be more than a role player.
Bettis is old and slow ala emmitt smith. He's only coming back for one more year. So Pittsburgh really needs a RB. Especially since they're supposed to be returning to their old philosophy of run the ball and play defense.

I'd say they have Stephen Jackson #1 on their draft board. They could possibly look for a QB in the second or third to learn behind Maddox for a year or so. I could be wrong though. They were "supposedly" looking at Feeley. I do however follow the Steelers quite a bit cause my Bro in law is huge fan.

I think their priorities are:

#1 Running back
#2 Cornerback
#3 Quarterback

So there ya go. For no reason at all i just gave you an offseason assesment of the Steelers. :goof:

Originally posted by upsman

I agree, as far as i'm concearned there is only 1 clayton & he is retired.
No one liked Mark Clayton either. 27 WR's were drafted ahead of him. That's right...I said 27. Clayton was finally selected by us in the 8th round.

I'd take Michael Clayton easily. He's got game. I hope he is still there at #20.

if rivers is already taken i wood opt for woods or trade down

Originally posted by Dolphins13Fan

He predicted the Bills would go after either Gamble or DeAngelo Hall of Virginia Tech to replace Winfield at CB.

Interesting, thanks!:)

i'd rather have Woods then Clayton. Granted, i'd prefer Reggie Williams over either of them, but of the 2 i'd want Woods. He seems more polished, more ready to contribute. Clayton is good and very talented, but hes only been a full-time WR for what, a year? If we were deeper at WR i'd want clayton to groom, but i'd rather have Woods now to get more of a 1st yr contribution.

Back
Top Bottom