Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill

2015: you can't blame him for this mess. The whole team was a dumpster fire
2016: he just needs a year to learn from the great Hue Jackson. Look what he did with Dalton after a year. Dalton...blechhhh
2017: ???

lmao... clearly Kiper has never visited this forum. :rotfl1:

I love this whole "no excuses" mentality by the way. When Tannehill gets average play from his line, his receivers, and the defense then maybe we can start saying "no excuses".

However, until then, there are justifiable arguments to point blame at other areas than Ryan. If that p***** people off, so be it. But until you can argue that he is the sole reason why we can't move forward, try accepting it for what it is. Reality...

When the OL was playing good the offense was clicking? Winning? No. Playoffs No. Keep on Keepin on Tanne-Thrill Dude.

Offense was clicking. 8 game stretch scoring 38, 24, 27, 27, 37, 16, 22, and 36. That's 28.5 points per game. That's clicking. 5-3 in that stretch with one loss while scoring 36.

You can pretend that didn't happen but I don't have to. What I can't understand is why the hell a supposed Dolphins fan would want to.

Maybe Tannehill is another Matt Cassel, a guy that had a few good years early in his career before getting exposed and falling off the earth.

I'd be willing to entertain this idea if you could point to an improvement to the OL with out a resulting improvement in his play. Can you?

The thing about this team is the amount of time they will take to get a decent line. We have major issues because I do not believe Albert can be effective. Maybe they move him? So in the meantime, do we give Tannehill a pass with his guaranteed $45M? Brady throws the ball in under 1.5 seconds - accurately. He then picks his spots for deeper ones.

I look at the Jets game with 5:00 plus left. We could have been down 6 with that to play. The defense was playing better. Maybe the Jets were coasting. However, how many shots did we have down there and just couldnt stick it in the endzone? I know the run game sucks. But they got personnel for Ryan and emphasized this offense in offseason. And the result? Two end zone picks.

I also ask, has he had a signature game yet? Not to be too critical, but for Miami to be elite we need an elite qb. They cannot be afraid of guaranteed money, they need to be objective. Yes they need better linemen, but maybe thats part of the culture change. Maybe they play better. Waiting for a miracle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My view of Tannehill has been that he's a limited QB, but he can get us to the Super Bowl if everything around him is perfect.

Perfect running game.
Perfect receivers.
Perfect o-line.
Perfect offensive scheme to match his strengths.
Perfect coaching & play calling.
Solid defense.

If everything around him is perfect, then he can have seasons with 100+ passer rating, and be part of a system that goes all the way.

But if even one thing around him isn't perfect (no running game, no decent receivers, leaky o-line, etc), he's not the type of QB that will be able to carry a flawed team on his back.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before...

I have not heard Ryan Tannehill actually make an excuse...ever.

He takes a beating each season, works will below average skill players and a defense that completely collapses at the end of the season and he puts it on himself.

Do we as fans make excuses...sure, but that isn't Ryan saying that ****...

Also, how does this staff change all of the sudden all the issues on the team are fixed...did the firing of Philbin magically allow for a competent free safety to appear, or a few linebacker that could make plays or a guard who doesn't get rolled each play. Granted...Dan Campbell is a mythological beast, but he doesn't have the power to creat humnas yet...small woodland creatures, yes, but not humans.

My view of Tannehill has been that he's a limited QB, but he can get us to the Super Bowl if everything around him is perfect.

Perfect running game.
Perfect receivers.
Perfect o-line.
Solid defense.

If everything around him is perfect, then he can have seasons with 100+ passer rating, and be part of a system that goes all the way.

But if even one thing around him isn't perfect (no running game, no decent receivers, leaky o-line, etc), he's not the type of QB that will be able to carry a flawed team on his back.

Because finishing the season in and around the top 10 facing the adversity he had last season with the line and defense collapse...

You ****ing people know so little about football it astounds me that you are even sure you found the correct sport when you flip through the channels

Perfect running game.
Perfect receivers.
Perfect o-line.
Solid defense.

Because finishing the season in and around the top 10 facing the adversity he had last season with the line and defense collapse...

There are 16 games in a season. Every QB can have a good run here & there.

Tannehill clearly has lost some confidence with those errant throws. Some of his passes have been completely off. The OL and defense needs to step it up in a major way. Playcalling is suspect and some of those gimmick plays we see called, if they don't infuriate you then get your head checked.

What I love more than anything is for every "excuse" is made for Tannehill, posters will trip over their shoelaces to get to the keyboard to make excuses for coaches, GMs, defense, OL and so on. More excuses are made for the whole rest of the team more than Tannehill.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I guarantee if Tannehill is ever cut we will end up regretting it. I have never felt that way about any of the previous QBs not named Marino.

I love this whole "no excuses" mentality by the way. When Tannehill gets average play from his line, his receivers, and the defense then maybe we can start saying "no excuses".

However, until then, there are justifiable arguments to point blame at other areas than Ryan. If that p***** people off, so be it. But until you can argue that he is the sole reason why we can't move forward, try accepting it for what it is. Reality...

That strawman you Tannebois pull out every time is getting old. You'll not find a single post where I've said RT is the "sole reason why we can't move forward." In fact, just a few days ago I said he wasn't our biggest issue:
Beaten deep, not a touchdown, my mistake. But the question remains. It feels like RT got a pass from you.

Unless a guy walked off that field without permission, they all gutted it out. And I'm not saying he's our biggest issue, he's not, but he had a bad game today and it wasn't just the fault of the o-line or the playcalling.

The blind defense and deflections are getting a bit ridiculous. Every time RT makes a bad play, it's someone else's fault and every time he makes a great play it's evidence of his potential greatness. Yet both of those scenarios play out with the same linemen in front of him. The way some of you make it sound, RT bears no responsibility ...zero ....zilch ...for this team's poor play. He does.

Back
Top Bottom