Kiper: No shutdown corners in this draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper: No shutdown corners in this draft

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The saving grace for Miami's inactivity in the unrestricted free agent cornerback market has been the thought Miami will simply reach into the draft and pluck one or two solid corners to supply its need -- doing so perhaps as early as the first round.

Well, that may yet happen. But anyone thinking there will be a ton of available excellent cornerbacks in this draft didn't watch the NFL combine when many corners ran disappointing times. And now the "draft gurus" are starting to chime in on the class.

Meet Mel Kiper, draft guru. This is what Kiper says about this year's available corners over at espn.com: "There isn't that one true shutdown cornerback available this year," Kiper says. "And after the subpar 40 times run by the defensive backs at the combine workout, this position isn't really as strong or as deep as originally anticipated."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp.../kiper-no-shutdown-corners-in-this-draft.html

That is exactly why I decided to go another direction with my revised mock draft.

It is true, but I still hope to see 2 additions to our secondary through the draft.

Back
Top Bottom