Kiper on Henson on ESPN radio | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper on Henson on ESPN radio

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Kiper made 3 basic pts on Drew Henson at 8:30 AM ET on ESPN radio today:
  1. Drew Henson would be best fit for GB as backup to Favre for 2nd rd pick
  2. Henson is 2 or 3 year away from being ready to start
  3. Henson is at best the 4th best QB in the draft (behind Eli, Ben and Rivers) if he enters draft; though a few team might have him about Rivers. Kiper felt Rivers Sr Bowl solidified him as better than Henson
    [/list=1]

Is this the same Kiper that has Miami taking Lohsman in the first round of his mock draft? He doesn't have Rivers being selected in the first round at all.

IMO, Henson is all hoopla. He has just as much chance to be the next Chad Hutchinson as he does the next Kurt Warner.

I'd give Rivers the shot and live with it.

Originally posted by phinphanbill
IMO, Henson is all hoopla. He has just as much chance to be the next Chad Hutchinson as he does the next Kurt Warner.
not really, Henson w/have been a top 5 pick had he not chose baseball; not sure Hutch w/have made 1st rd

Originally posted by dolphan39
not really, Henson w/have been a top 5 pick had he not chose baseball; not sure Hutch w/have made 1st rd

I agree. Kiper is a putz. I dont understand why Henson is a better option in GB than he would be here. In both cases he would learn behind an aging Vet. He would need to choose between a Top QB with a declining team in the COLD, and a solid vet (brunell) on a team that is just a step or two away from a ring (and WARM). If he comes here he may even get a ring before a start.:D

I always get a kick out of Kiper. What actually qualifies him to claim that Henson is so far away.

His coaching experience?
His years of working with young Qbs?
Wait, it's his huge experience as a front office guy.

What a loud mouth moron.

Henson would be a perfect fit for GB, and not here.

In GB he can sit behind THE man for at least 3/4 seasons. There is no chance of Henson dislodging Favre.

Here, if our veteran QB has a bad game then we're all gna be calling for Henson to be thrown in there.

Thats why i believe that Rivers is a better fit for Miami because he is more NFL 'ready', than Henson

Kiper's first mock had Miami picking Losman. He changed it after the Senior Bowl b/c as he said Rivers rating improved after the Senior Bowl.

Also, Henson should be below Rivers b/c Henson's risk is huge. He has very little experience and hasn't played since 2000.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Kiper made 3 basic pts on Drew Henson at 8:30 AM ET on ESPN radio today:
  1. Drew Henson would be best fit for GB as backup to Favre for 2nd rd pick
  2. Henson is 2 or 3 year away from being ready to start
  3. Henson is at best the 4th best QB in the draft (behind Eli, Ben and Rivers) if he enters draft; though a few team might have him about Rivers. Kiper felt Rivers Sr Bowl solidified him as better than Henson
    [/list=1]

1. How in the heck does Kiper know how many years away from being ready to start Henson is? If he really said that (and I'm assuming he did since 39's usually pretty accurate in his reporting) then that's just a flat out asinine statement. Think about it: nobody, outside of his trainers, agents, and a select few other people have seen this guy throw a football in two years so neither he nor anyone else within the NFL or NFL media covering world knows whether he's ready now or whether he looks like a total pile.

Also, if teams really felt like he would not be ready to go for two to three years there's no way any of them would take much of a shot on the guy since that would make him 29 years old before he was ready to take the reigns; not exactly franchise QB material.

I think Kiper's just trying to talk for the sake of hearing himself speak-- then again, isn't that all he ever really does anyway?

I do not see how Kiper can make that statement about Henson's readiness either - unless he would say that about any 1st rd pick - maybe other than Eli

Most people take it as a matter of course that Henson's 3 year vacation from football means he's further away than the other guys in the draft. The amount of time in vogue right now is "at least 2 years"

Personally I don't know how anyone can come up with this stuff. The only way to know is to just find out IMO.

I heard a clip of Henson on Dan Patrick's show today. When asked if he felt he was the best QB available, he said yes, that in his mind, he's the best.

Drew says that he's been droppping back and planting so long (that it's not something he forgets). He said that he feels like he did in his last game at Michigan. Said the focus now is to show everyone the athleticism and arm.

Drew sounded humble and confident at the same time. Sounds like he's aching to play.

I heard Henson on ESPNradio's Dan Patrick show today. The guy was totally professional. Well spoken and not scared to address the question of where he is as a football player right now. He wants a trade worked out so he could help direct where he goes to play.

Oh, in case you are wondering he more or less said this. "I feel like I haven't lost a thing in playing QB." "You don't spend all your life getting behind center and lose it." "I'm looking forward to the workout to show everyone else that I haven't lost anything."

--Ross

He's an exciting prospect. Likely would have been a Texan ahead of David Carr had he stayed with it.

Back
Top Bottom